I hate to spoil the pity party ....

Yes today's loss sucked. And going 1 & 5 in our last 6 sucked harder. But if Bills beat Miami next week, they will be:

- tied with them at 7 & 6;

- could also be tied with Pats if they lose to Seattle, which they could after today's brutal beating and needing to travel to west coast;

- could be one game behind Jets as today could also the mark the beginning of a losing streak of their own given they also travel to west coast to play 9ers (who aren't all that bad, as we saw today).

Even if we win and Jets and Pats win, we're still very much in the thick of it as the week after we play the Jets. Win that and worst case we're a game behind them, likely ahead of Fins and tied with Pats. I could see us winning that too because although I like the talent the Jets have, I think they're coach Mangini is a fraud and could show his true colors down the stretch.

Win the next week against Broncos and I see us ahead of Pats who play Cards that week in what I think is a terrible mismatch for Pats secondary. And Fins should be well behind in our rear view mirror.

That sets up big showdown against Pats in Buffalo in last game of season. If it means everything is on the line, I could see Bills and their fans pulling one out and stealing the AFC east. And of course a 10 & 6 record gives us a good chance of capturing the wild card in the (I think) unlikely scenario we run the table from here and don't win the division. Running the table almost certainly puts us no worse than 2nd in AFC east, which means the wildcard competition comes from outside the division from Colts and Ravens. I am willing to concede Colts one of those spots, but I think Ravens are headed for a meltdown now with Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags their remaining games. So I'd say 10&6 gives us 50/50 chance of catching them too.

I know it's a long shot us winning out, but hey that would be the attitude of a perenial winning franchise like Steelers or Colts right now. They'd say hey guys, let's get on a roll now, be physical, and take these next 4 and I like our chances. That's the exact attitude Bills need right now, otherwise they are doomned, not just this year, but every year until they adopt that approach.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, true. I never thought of that. I also never thought that, if by some miracle the Bills actually win the rest of their games and make the playoffs, that they'd be blown out, absolutely embarassed, by any team they happen to face in the Wildcard Round.

Hey, true. I never thought of that. I also never thought that, if by some miracle the Bills actually win the rest of their games and make the playoffs, that they'd be blown out, absolutely embarassed, by any team they happen to face in the Wildcard Round.

That's funny, because last year at this time the "smart money" was betting Giants wouldn't make the playoffs. And when they got in as a Wildcard no one was talking about them winning the Super Bowl. They got on a roll at the right time and road that train to the Super Bowl. The schedule makers gave the Bills a wonderful opportunity to get hot in the last quarter of the season and ride that wave into post season, where anything can happen.

OK. Let's you and me make a wager. You ready to put up?

You're missing the point. Winning attitude is about staying in the present and focusing on what you have to do now. It's not about making projections other than "we do this and good things will happen." I'm not about to roll over and play dead for any team in this league.

You're missing the point. Winning attitude is about staying in the present and focusing on what you have to do now. It's not about making projections other than "we do this and good things will happen." I'm not about to roll over and play dead for any team in this league.

The Bills don't have a winning attitude because the head coach doesn't inspire that in the players.

The Bills don't have a winning attitude because the head coach doesn't inspire that in the players.

They're pros making major coin. Let them inspire themselves. Coughlan has never been a popular coach and now he and the 07' Giants are wearing rings. Bills started 4 & 0, then had a 4 game losing streak mid-season, no reason they can't string together 4 game win streak at the end.

That's funny, because last year at this time the "smart money" was betting Giants wouldn't make the playoffs. And when they got in as a Wildcard no one was talking about them winning the Super Bowl. They got on a roll at the right time and road that train to the Super Bowl. The schedule makers gave the Bills a wonderful opportunity to get hot in the last quarter of the season and ride that wave into post season, where anything can happen.

The difference is the Giants are a team of men. I'm still not sure what the Bills are, but getting beat at home to a warm weather team in November with only 3 previous wins doesn't seem manly. Neither does only scoring 3 points while doing so. 3 points is the gayest score you can get in football.

exactly, the giants is a poor example, a coach who has actually won playoff games before and has been to a conference championship was coaching for his job and came out on top. Jauron is a coach who had one season where his team pulled out many close games, and then completely flopped in the playoffs. He is a joke. I don't know what goes on at Ivy League schools, but i am assuming they castrate you, because this man in fact has no balls and no emotion.

Yes today's loss sucked. And going 1 & 5 in our last 6 sucked harder. But if Bills beat Miami next week, they will be:

- could also be tied with Pats if they lose to Seattle, which they could after today's brutal beating and needing to travel to west coast;

- could be one game behind Jets as today could also the mark the beginning of a losing streak of their own given they also travel to west coast to play 9ers (who aren't all that bad, as we saw today).

Even if we win and Jets and Pats win, we're still very much in the thick of it as the week after we play the Jets. Win that and worst case we're a game behind them, likely ahead of Fins and tied with Pats. I could see us winning that too because although I like the talent the Jets have, I think they're coach Mangini is a fraud and could show his true colors down the stretch.

Win the next week against Broncos and I see us ahead of Pats who play Cards that week in what I think is a terrible mismatch for Pats secondary. And Fins should be well behind in our rear view mirror.

That sets up big showdown against Pats in Buffalo in last game of season. If it means everything is on the line, I could see Bills and their fans pulling one out and stealing the AFC east. And of course a 10 & 6 record gives us a good chance of capturing the wild card in the (I think) unlikely scenario we run the table from here and don't win the division. Running the table almost certainly puts us no worse than 2nd in AFC east, which means the wildcard competition comes from outside the division from Colts and Ravens. I am willing to concede Colts one of those spots, but I think Ravens are headed for a meltdown now with Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and Jags their remaining games. So I'd say 10&6 gives us 50/50 chance of catching them too.

I know it's a long shot us winning out, but hey that would be the attitude of a perenial winning franchise like Steelers or Colts right now. They'd say hey guys, let's get on a roll now, be physical, and take these next 4 and I like our chances. That's the exact attitude Bills need right now, otherwise they are doomned, not just this year, but every year until they adopt that approach.

Oh my GOD someone pull the plug.

They're pros making major coin. Let them inspire themselves. Coughlan has never been a popular coach and now he and the 07' Giants are wearing rings. Bills started 4 & 0, then had a 4 game losing streak mid-season, no reason they can't string together 4 game win streak at the end.

This is a tired argument. I hate to break it to you, but even professional football players need motivation beyond money. Otherwise, they would do just enough to keep their job, and no more. It takes a real leader to inspire people to reach new levels.

Even Coughlin admitted he had to change his ways. He may never win the coaches popularity contest, but he knows how to get the most out of his players.

:thumbsup:

No. The 49ers are really that bad. We just happen to be worse than they are.

:thumbsup:

Yep! That half wit "fraud" is leading the division, and is in position for a second playoff appearance.

Meanwhile, Bills fans are coming up with half baked delusional theories on trying to reach our first playoff appearance under Jauron.

:blink::(

We cannot even beat the Browns and 49ers in our house, and you expect to fly out to Denver and beat the Broncos in Mile High?

Stop it! You are killing me.

The other part of the delusion continues. Not only are the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots going to collapse, but so are the Ravens.

Franchises that win on an annual basis do NOT allow games the Browns and 49ers to happen. If by chance one does, they make damn sure it does not repeat a second time.

The seed for this year has been sown. Fire Jauron at the end of the season, and air out the locker room so the players will longer suffer through the stench of Jauron.

Franchises that win on an annual basis do NOT allow games the Browns and 49ers to happen. If by chance one does, they make damn sure it does not repeat a second time.

The seed for this year has been sown. Fire Jauron at the end of the season, and air out the locker room so the players will longer suffer through the stench of Jauron.

That's the worst thing about it. Two WINNABLE games against bad teams are going to be the difference this season. Pathetic.

At this point I would live with that Chimp.......the only downside is that the current coaching staff would be able to hang on.

At this point I would live with that Chimp.......the only downside is that the current coaching staff would be able to hang on.

Yeah at this point I'm all for the Bills losing out, losing Jauron, shaking up the rest of the organization, and getting a higher draft pick.

Me thinks that there aren't many people who think that a team that couldn't take care of business at home against Cleveland and San Francisco are all of a sudden going to figure out how to beat the Pats, Jets and Dolphins...teams that they have already lost to once this season already.

GO TAMPA BAY BUCS!!!!