JP = Garbage

crackur

Yes it was debatable as to who looked better, however it was kind of comical as JP looked the same as he always has. Usually a backup can be somewhat effective as you game planned for the starter, now the D has to change gears a bit. I actually thought JP played well in the Az game as a backup, but not good enough to generate any kind of big contract in the off season. Todays play though I think definitely cost him money as he was as bad as he ever has been. He proved he's nothing better than a back up. Before today I would have argued that he has a change to go to some team that needs a QB and compete for the #1 job in the pre-season. After this showing, I doubt any team would even give him that much. Maybe compete as the #3 going into camp with all three viing for #1, or possibley a solid backup role? I think todays showing proves that it wasn't that he got a bad shake from the Bill's, but it was deserved. What you saw today was JP at his best.

And BTW, I was a former JP defender

JP doesn't throw a pass since the Arizona game, he doesn't take 1st team reps in practice and yet idiots expect him to be perfect. Trent plays every game, takes all the 1st team reps in practice and yet it was debatable who the better QB was today.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JP has five times the physical potential that TE has. I will grant you that. But beyond that he's shown nothing. From the mental part of the game he's never even come close to TE on TE's better games. I don't think anyone is stating TE is the savior because of potental, but you'd be a fool not to give him adequate time to develop to determine if he has potential or not. TE has looked brilliant in some games and terrible in others. Though even the Jets and Miami game I really can't fault TE totally as there was absolutely no other offense that entire game besides what he did, both good and bad. And yes "JP has had his share of comebacks and nice throws" but it was never really part of a brilliant game that I recall. He'd have some great throws, but still look weak two plays later. I think the best game I saw JP play from start to finish was last year against the Bengals. Maybe the Miami game where he had the three bombs to Evans, but they still lost and other points in the game didn't look that great from what I recall.

One or two years from now TE may still look the same, great one week terrible the next, and if so then you know you need to move on there too. But I'd be awful reluctant to give up on a guy that has in some games looked as well as he has. You need to determine beyond a shadow of a doubt whether that potential can be turned to consistancy or not. And anyone who claims to know TE or any other QB will or won't be good is full of crap as if you really had those answers you wouldn't be posting on this board but be working for some NFL or college team. If you predict he'll fail the odds are in your favor of being right as many more QB's fail than succeed.

Then you're a blatant hypocrite if you're going off potential. Potential??? Give me a break. JP has five times the "potential" Trent could ever dream of. Doesn't make him the right fit for Buffalo though.

I think either both quarterbacks are awful, or the offensive coaches have no idea how to cater to their respective talents. Whichever is the case, the flash of brilliance that Trent showed means nothing when compared to his slump to end all slumps.

On the other hand you have JP who has had his share of comebacks and nice throws, but never 4 games in a row. Regardless the discussion is null and void when you pretend Trent is the savior due to potential. That's bullsh*t.

Then you're a blatant hypocrite if you're going off potential. Potential??? Give me a break. JP has five times the "potential" Trent could ever dream of. Doesn't make him the right fit for Buffalo though.

I think either both quarterbacks are awful, or the offensive coaches have no idea how to cater to their respective talents. Whichever is the case, the flash of brilliance that Trent showed means nothing when compared to his slump to end all slumps.

On the other hand you have JP who has had his share of comebacks and nice throws, but never 4 games in a row. Regardless the discussion is null and void when you pretend Trent is the savior due to potential. That's bullsh*t.

I saw things in Trents game that was so far ahead of JP in reading defenses knowing when to get the football out and who to throw it to that I thought there was no reason to waste more time with JP..I never liked the way JP played the game. He makes bad plays that kills drives..You cant have that..Now if he couldve been taught how to make good plays instead of drive killers he definatley wouldve been the better QB based on his strong arm and his mobility..However he never figured out the pocket presence thing or the reading defenses both go hand in hand..Trent IMO is afraid to make the big play..He just wont take the chance..It is getting ridiculous..Nothing wrong with a nice methodical 85 yard drive for a touchdown however too many bad things can happen the more plays you run..Penalty turnover etc..It would be great to be able to do that anytime you want but the reality is it doesnt..If you have 2 of those a game youre doing good..You need the big play to go hand in hand with the long drives and that is sorely lacking with Trent on a consistent if at all basis..If he doesnt learn to make the big play we will be looking for the next qb after next year...We better bring in a vet that has started games and been succesful in this league next offseason....

I saw things in Trents game that was so far ahead of JP in reading defenses knowing when to get the football out and who to throw it to that I thought there was no reason to waste more time with JP..I never liked the way JP played the game. He makes bad plays that kills drives..You cant have that..Now if he couldve been taught how to make good plays instead of drive killers he definatley wouldve been the better QB based on his strong arm and his mobility..However he never figured out the pocket presence thing or the reading defenses both go hand in hand..Trent IMO is afraid to make the big play..He just wont take the chance..It is getting ridiculous..Nothing wrong with a nice methodical 85 yard drive for a touchdown however too many bad things can happen the more plays you run..Penalty turnover etc..It would be great to be able to do that anytime you want but the reality is it doesnt..If you have 2 of those a game youre doing good..You need the big play to go hand in hand with the long drives and that is sorely lacking with Trent on a consistent if at all basis..If he doesnt learn to make the big play we will be looking for the next qb after next year...We better bring in a vet that has started games and been succesful in this league next offseason....

And you've failed to get my point in reading about 2 words of my posts in this thread.

JP is horrible. But he better stats (and wins) than Trent. Therefore JP should be rewarded as our starter, We need a new quarterback.

And you've failed to get my point in reading about 2 words of my posts in this thread.

JP is horrible. But he better stats (and wins) than Trent. Therefore JP should be rewarded as our starter, We need a new quarterback.

No I didnt fail to get your point I saw it..I was just adding to it.. :devil:

J.P. Losman has no clue what to do in an NFL pocket. He'll be lucky to get a third string job next year. For all of those who still think this guy should be our QB you are delusional. You can't play in the NFL with such a gross lack of pocket awareness.
What everybody complains about Losman is that he isn't good with the short passes. Yet today he didn't throw one deep pass. He completed 64% of his passes. Why don't they try to use his strengh and mix that with Lynch running the ball. How much did we run the ball in the fourt qtr.? People complain about a lack of running game with Edwards and when our running game looks good we go away from it. How does that help the qb?

We've got problems, no doubt. Although look a few hours southwest and the QB situation is just as ugly. Cleveland lost Brady Quinn for the season last week and now they lose Derek Anderson this week. Welcome to the NFL spotlight, Mr. Ken Dorsey. And good luck going against Tennessee, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh in the weeks to come!

FYI: Browns fans have been buying tickets for the last few months to throw Randy Lerner (owner), Phil Savage (GM), and Romeo Crennel (Coach) into Lake Erie. Things down here in NE Ohio are almost as brutal as in Upstate NY.

yes...I now remember why JP is on the bench....holding the ball for what seemed like 10 seconds in the pocket and taking sacks Rob Johnson even wouldn't have taken. What made it worse is he didn't even attempt one of his patented 80 yard bombs to Evans that usually results in the only scoring of the day for him early in the first quarter....