Which Team will help the Bills out today

bisonbrigade

1. StLouis beats the Dolphins. Upsets can happen and is Miami that good.

2. Denver beats the Jets. Cutler can get hot and put up some numbers.

3. Pittsburgh beats the Patriots. Steelers defense hopefully can rattle Cassle.

4. Cincannati beats Baltimore. This one is a stretch.

5. Cleveland beats Indianapolis. Clevelands offense might wake up, or not.

I was just going over the schedule to see where the Bills need help. Putting your hopes in the hands of teams like the Rams, Bengals, Browns, and Broncos (over the solid Jets) isn't too encouraging. Of course, the main thing is that the Bills have to take care of business. As sad as it may be, I see this home game against the 3-8 49ers being a toss-up. SF has been playing very determined football since Singletary took over. Spikes and Clements are leading their D into this game with added incentive. We'll just have to see what kind of fight the Bills put up on their home turf, where they have lost two in a row.

I was just going over the schedule to see where the Bills need help. Putting your hopes in the hands of teams like the Rams, Bengals, Browns, and Broncos (over the solid Jets) isn't too encouraging. Of course, the main thing is that the Bills have to take care of business. As sad as it may be, I see this home game against the 3-8 49ers being a toss-up. SF has been playing very determined football since Singletary took over. Spikes and Clements are leading their D into this game with added incentive. We'll just have to see what kind of fight the Bills put up on their home turf, where they have lost two in a row.

Why does everyone keep saying this. Bar the game against the cards. The Niners have gone 1-3

34-13 loss to the sehawks. - not very inspiring especially at home.

a 29-24 loss to the cards- They were in this game. Horrible play calling to end it. Really a fb dive from the 2?

35- 16 win vs the Rams. Ok better but the Rams, are one of the 3 worst teams in the league

a 35-22 ass kicking by the cowboys. Again not a thing that speaks of inspiration. This game was never in doubt.

Save the loss to the Cards. I don't see how the niners have played more inspired then they were at the beginning of the season. I think it's nothing more then a case of people getting caught up in media fluff. The Bills should win this game, even with key injuries rather easily. Will they? probably not.

Agree here. Seeing as though we are 1-5 against teams employing a 3-4 defense (the exception was the Chargers game), we need to focus on helping ourselves. That said, Pittsburgh will win today.

Why does everyone keep saying this. Bar the game against the cards. The Niners have gone 1-3

34-13 loss to the sehawks. - not very inspiring especially at home.

a 29-24 loss to the cards- They were in this game. Horrible play calling to end it. Really a fb dive from the 2?

35- 16 win vs the Rams. Ok better but the Rams, are one of the 3 worst teams in the league

a 35-22 ass kicking by the cowboys. Again not a thing that speaks of inspiration. This game was never in doubt.

Save the loss to the Cards. I don't see how the niners have played more inspired then they were at the beginning of the season. I think it's nothing more then a case of people getting caught up in media fluff. The Bills should win this game, even with key injuries rather easily. Will they? probably not.

I didn't see the Cowboys game, but I was very impressed with the way I saw them play against the Cardinals. It was a game where you could see individual players giving it their all. Guys running down plays, team tackling, and playing with intensity. Even though they lost that game, it was easy to see that every player, on every play, was giving 100%. That is something that can't be said about Dick & Co.

I didn't see the Cowboys game, but I was very impressed with the way I saw them play against the Cardinals. It was a game where you could see individual players giving it their all. Guys running down plays, team tackling, and playing with intensity. Even though they lost that game, it was easy to see that every player, on every play, was giving 100%. That is something that can't be said about Dick & Co.

I believe west coast teams playing on the east coast are 0-15 this year thus far. Buffalo wins this game.

Aside from Buffalo taking care of their own business today, I think the likeliest "upset" is PIT over N*E. Although PIT is a one-point dog in Vegas, I don't believe anyone will be surprised if they win today. The next most likely IMO is Denver over the Jets. Denver is a Jekyll-Hyde team and if the "good" squad shows up they'll be a handful.

St. Louis -- particularly w/o Bulger -- is just not good enough to beat anybody right now. Cinci has actually been playing better so I give them at least a fighter's chance against the Ravens if they can keep from turning the ball over.

I also believe Indy will absolutely destroy the Browns. That one shouldn't be close.

If the Bills go 11-5, they'll be fine. It's not a mathematical guarantee, but it's extremely unlikely that we have anything to worry about. If we go 10-6, we're almost certainly up crap creek - the amount of help we need is almost unreasonable.

So root against the Pats and Jets and Dolphins because it's always fun to see them lose, but the playoffs are coming if we take care of our business.

I actually see these two as the most important....Baltimore & New England* are ahead of the Bills and they don't play Baltimore. At the very least, the Bills can help themselves against the Patriots* and Dolphins.

I care less about the Jets, but if they start falling to earth, things get interesting.

NFL Playoff Update:

IND 3

CLE 6

BAL 6

CIN 0

MIA 7

STL 6