Plaxico Burress shoots himself?

bills44

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then why go to these nightclubs? Stay home and be your family. I've been to many bars/night clubs in many different cities. Never have I been in a gun fight or in a situation where I would want a gun. Plax is dumb-remember the spike in his rookie year? He actually did it twice in one season. He thinks he's better than the team. I'm not a Giants fans but its nice to see them winning without the selfish players, plax, shockey, barber.

Hopefully other teams follow their lead and these fools will be out of the league.

There is a culture out there where guns are the norm on a night out. Many athletes participate in that culture. Sad but true.

What an idiot. Why would he even carry a gun in a nightclub? Can't possibly contribute to anything but trouble. If he is worried about his safety then he should not be out on the town or at a minimum hire a bodyguard. Stupid incidents like this are why I appreciate Marv Levy insisting on going after players with high character.

I get to see the circus here in Dallas every day. Their collection of players prone to moronic acts like this have not turned them into a good team.

See, if he played for the Bills, why there's nowhere to go...he'd have to stay home or go to Applebees...or maybe Dave and Busters...Plexiglass would have little need for a gun...unless he wanted to Elvis his TV set after his 44th straight game of Madden 09. :)

Then why go to these nightclubs? Stay home and be your family. I've been to many bars/night clubs in many different cities. Never have I been in a gun fight or in a situation where I would want a gun. Plax is dumb-remember the spike in his rookie year? He actually did it twice in one season. He thinks he's better than the team. I'm not a Giants fans but its nice to see them winning without the selfish players, plax, shockey, barber.

Hopefully other teams follow their lead and these fools will be out of the league.

I agree....

Apparently you havent read the the Clements posts.

PLAXICO’S GUN FIRED WHILE HE WAS UNLOADING IT

Posted by Mike Florio on November 29, 2008, 11:46 p.m.

More details are emerging regarding the accidental self-shooting of Giants receiver Plaxico Burress.

Per the New York Post, Burress was confronted by security guards at a Manhattan night club, and Burress admitted that he had a loaded gun in his possession.

He went to a secure area with one of the guards, and Burress began to unload the gun while drinking wine. Burress then began to bobble the weapon, and that’s when it fired a bullet through his thigh.

Burress stopped security personnel from calling an ambulance. A friend took him to a local hospital.

Meanwhile, Taco Bill has uncovered a surveillance photo of Burress and his companions moments before the incident.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

------------------------------------------

i'm happy to say the worst thing buffalo WR's do is drop catchable passes

Per the New York Post, Burress was confronted by security guards at a Manhattan night club, and Burress admitted that he had a loaded gun in his possession.

Does Plax have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in New York City? That's kind of a big deal there.

Does Plax have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in New York City? That's kind of a big deal there.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292008/sport..._rap_141431.htm

Records show the Giants New York Giants ' star receiver does not have a permit to carry a weapon in the city, meaning that he had no legal right to do so in the LQ Club in Manhattan, where he allegedly shot himself in the leg.

Burress did have a concealed-weapon permit issued to him in Florida, where he has a home, but records show it expired in May.

And even if it was still valid, New York does not recognize out-of-state permits.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11292008/sport..._rap_141431.htm

Records show the Giants New York Giants ' star receiver does not have a permit to carry a weapon in the city, meaning that he had no legal right to do so in the LIQ Club in Manhattan, where he allegedly shot himself in the leg.

Burress did have a concealed-weapon permit issued to him in Florida, where he has a home, but records show it expired in May.

And even if it was still valid, New York does not recognize out-of-state permits.

So, illegal possession and discharging the weapon in a public place? He might have a bit of a legal issue here. Maybe Bill can comment from the law enforcement perspective.

Oh, and give me a fuggin' break with the "football players are scared for their safety" nonsense.

it is not nonsense. you have forgotten about sean taylor already? these guys have huge targets on their backs. you think he carried the gun because he was looking to rob somebody?

he may be guilty of bad judgment, but he has every reason to feel paranoid.