Bill Cohwer likely to go to Browns do the Bills go after Phil Savage

BuffaloBill

My hunch is that Ralph is not going to jack with the front office but Savage could make things interesting. He has brought good talent to Cleveland but not a good staff. Don't misunderstand my post - at the end of the day I do not want him in Buffalo but for those of you that are looking for a true GM then maybe he is the guy.

I'm confused by your post. You say he can make things interesting, and he's a good evaluator of talent, but you don't want him, at the end of the day? :)

I am simply trying to say to the many who have posted elsewhwere that the Bills need a GM that he is likely to be available after the season. I think he f-d up the Kellen Winslow situation. I am also not in favor of the rebuilding that typically comes from rebuilding. I am tired of starting over.

What is wrong with Russ Brandon? I feel that he had a pretty successful first year on the job. Give the guy some time.

The Bills fo set up is f'd up...Brandon has done a nice job, I suppose, dealing with his hands tied behind his back by the owner, but for the Bills to get much better, they either have to get really lucky (and have a lot of their questionable decisions pan out) or they need a true football GM, who has a plan, other than selling out games, and spending as little of the owners money as possible. I am not sure that Savage is a great candidate, but the Bills would never consider him, and he wouldn't consider them...

What is wrong with Russ Brandon? I feel that he had a pretty successful first year on the job. Give the guy some time.

Brandon is not a guy with a history of evaluating and scouting players. He cut his teeth handling the business and marketing end of things since he arrived in 1998. I'd say he did quite well, considering the team hasn't been strong and they've continued to sell plenty of tickets. But he's not an guy I'd want guiding the football operations of a NFL team.

The greater question is why when the Jets had Mike Tannenbaum, Miami with Parcells, and NE with Scott Pioli that Buffalo felt the need not to have someone well-versed in handling players and scouting talent.

My hunch is that Ralph is not going to jack with the front office but Savage could make things interesting. He has brought good talent to Cleveland but not a good staff. Don't misunderstand my post - at the end of the day I do not want him in Buffalo but for those of you that are looking for a true GM then maybe he is the guy.

You don't read much online do you?

This idiot recently confronted a Browns fan via E-mail and blasted him for being critical of the team by saying: "Why don't you go follow the Bills". This was after we lost to them last week. If that's not an insult I don't know what is.

Somebody here actually put up that news article and you can find it if you look hard enough.

This idiot recently confronted a Browns fan via E-mail and blasted him for being critical of the team by saying: "Why don't you go follow the Bills". This was after we lost to them last week. If that's not an insult I don't know what is.

Somebody here actually put up that news article and you can find it if you look hard enough.

Actually I did read about long before I put this post up. Read my post I was not defending the guy nor do I want him in our front office. I was simply trying to say to the individuals on this board who continue to say the Bills need a GM that he is likely to be available.

I do not want him primarily because he f-d up the Kellen Winslow situation and he did not pick a good coaching staff.

seems like a donaho type of guy, bring in guys that will bring in headlines. Give Russ a chance.

took over as GM in 2005 correct ?

2005 draft

Round Pick Player Pos School

1 3(3) Braylon Edwards WR Michigan

2 2(34) Brodney Pool S Oklahoma

3 3(67) Charlie Frye QB Akron

4 2(103) Antonio Perkins CB Oklahoma

5 3(139) David McMillan DE Kansas

6 2(176) Nick Speegle OLB New Mexico

6 29(203) Andrew Hoffman DT Virginia

7 3(217) Jon Dunn OT Virginia Tech

1 13(13) Kamerion Wimbley DE Florida State

2 2(34) D'Qwell Jackson ILB Maryland

3 14(78) Travis Wilson WR Oklahoma

4 13(110) Leon Williams ILB Miami (OH)

4 15(112) Isaac Sowells T Indiana

5 12(145) Jerome Harrison RB Washington St

5 19(152) DeMario Minter CB Georgia

6 11(180) Lawrence Vickers FB Colorado

6 12(181) Babatunde Oshinowo DT Stanford

7 14(222) Justin Hamilton

1 3 (3) Joe Thomas T Wisconsin

1 22 (22) Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame

2 21 (53) Eric Wright CB UNLV

5 3 (140) Brandon McDonald CB Memphis

6 26 (200) Mel Purcell DE Hawaii

7 3 (213) Chase Pittman DE LSU

7 24 (234) Syndric Steptoe WR Arizona

4 5 (104) Player Video Beau Bell ILB UNLV

4 12 (111) Player Video Martin Rucker TE Missouri

6 24 (190) Player Video Ahtyba Rubin DT Iowa State

6 25 (191) Player Video Paul Hubbard WR Wisconsin

7 24 (231) Alex Hall DE St. Augustine's

If Savage is just a sly evaluator of talent, would'nt Brown's owner Lerner, be smarter to let Savage fire Romeo and bring in another head coach? Why are you so sure Lerner will blow up the entire front office and coaching staff?

Just because Savage insulted Buffalo doesn't mean he would never come here to be their GM, if Wilson made a good enough offer. People from all walks of life insult Buffalo. And I'm not even being overly-sensitive. Jim Kelly hated the idea of playing in Buffalo. Plus, I don't think Savage was even putting the city of Buffalo down with his angry e-mail. It reminded me more of Bill Polian telling fans that wanted Levy and Kelly fired and demoted to "get the hell out of town!" The Browns actually had just managed beat a decent team on the road, and Savage was just venting and using that team they had just beaten to make his point.

Brandon is not a guy with a history of evaluating and scouting players. He cut his teeth handling the business and marketing end of things since he arrived in 1998. I'd say he did quite well, considering the team hasn't been strong and they've continued to sell plenty of tickets. But he's not an guy I'd want guiding the football operations of a NFL team.

The greater question is why when the Jets had Mike Tannenbaum, Miami with Parcells, and NE with Scott Pioli that Buffalo felt the need not to have someone well-versed in handling players and scouting talent.

This.

I met Brandon once and he seems like a good guy. He's not someone who really deserves the benefit of the doubt given his lack of personnel background. I mean prior to the Bills he worked with the Rochester Red Wings & Florida Marlins.

This.

I met Brandon once and he seems like a good guy. He's not someone who really deserves the benefit of the doubt given his lack of personnel background. I mean prior to the Bills he worked with the Rochester Red Wings & Florida Marlins.

Oh, you mean the two time WS Champion Florida Marlins? That's not bad on any resume'.

Phil Savage seems like a guy who is too impressed with his own abilities. To be perfectly honest, it is very clear now that Ozzie Newsome was responsible for their great drafts and not Savage. Ravens continue drafting well, and the Browns continue drafting poorly. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. Savage doesn't seem to have a very good ability to draft well, which is the ultimate death knell of any GM....