Thanksgiving parade Rick Rolled

Cynical

Awesome.

Does this sound the death knell for Rickrolling? I mean the guy actually participating in rolling the Thanksgiving Day parade? It's like when Janet Reno appeared on SNL with Will Ferrell, and that was the end of "Janet Reno's Dance Party".

I would not be surprised if it did. This could very well turn out to be the 14th minute in it's 15 minutes of fame.

I don't get why this is so funny. The song sucks. Can someone explain the concept of "Rick Rolling Someone" to me?

It's a "Made you look!" gag like our TSW favorite Pixieland guy. From Wikipedia:

Rickrolling is an Internet meme typically involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a bait and switch: a person provides a Web link he claims is relevant to the topic at hand, but the link actually takes the user to the Astley video. The URL can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true source of the link without clicking. When a person clicks on the link given and is led to the web page he/she is said to have been "Rickrolled" (also spelled Rickroll'd). By extension, it can also mean playing the song loudly in public in order to be disruptive.

Like many things, it's not funny unless you're in on the joke. BTW, what's that on your tie? :)

I don't get why this is so funny. The song sucks. Can someone explain the concept of "Rick Rolling Someone" to me?

Exactly.

Rick Roll'd is essentially the same thing as tricking people into clicking a link to the peter pan goober.

Edit: What HopsGuy said.

Edited by Cynical

Exactly.

Rick Roll'd is essentially the same thing as tricking people into clicking a link to the peter pan goober.

Edit: What HopsGuy said.

That's what I thought, but doesn't the 'loading video, please wait...'

Eh, never mind. Ha.

It's a "Made you look!" gag like our TSW favorite Pixieland guy. From Wikipedia:

Like many things, it's not funny unless you're in on the joke. BTW, what's that on your tie? :)

This is a much better link to an explanation and includes some commentary from Astley himself about the phenomenon.

This is a much better link to an explanation and includes some commentary from Astley himself about the phenomenon.

Please. Who is going to click on that when you can plainly read the URL in the status bar? :death:

This isn't my first rodeo. If you want to post something titillating, you need something like this. :)