Thanksgiving

Just saw a report on cnbc theirs "talk" the NFL may dump the Lions off the thanksgiving games next year because they always suck. Didnt qoute a sourse tho.

Now if they can get NBC to dump that dog show. C'mon! It's Thanksgiving! Once the Macy's Parade it should be nothin' but football baby!

I seem to remember the Bills lost to the Lions on Thanksgiving not all that long ago. Sad.

Kelly was still QB'ing. The Bills contained Barry Sanders pretty well, but in doing so let themselves get picked apart. The first play by the Lions was a flea flicker with Sanders taking a hand off, took 2 steps and pitched back to teh QB who throw a long TD to a wide open receiver after which 11 Buffalo Bills jock straps laid over the field.

I think we still made the playoffs that year so all was not lost.

Kelly was still QB'ing. The Bills contained Barry Sanders pretty well, but in doing so let themselves get picked apart. The first play by the Lions was a flea flicker with Sanders taking a hand off, took 2 steps and pitched back to teh QB who throw a long TD to a wide open receiver after which 11 Buffalo Bills jock straps laid over the field.

Herman Moore ate us up that day like cranberry preserves next to his Thanksgiving turkey.

I recall O.J. set the single game rushing record [274? close] at a Lions thanksgiving game. And they LOST.

It was 270+, but like you said, they lost. Then again, Barry Sanders had several Thanksgiving Day and other great rushing games and he went to the playoffs only once. I think that was with Wayne Fontes as coach. He had one big year and the Lions org stuck with him longer than they should've. Chris Berman likened him to Rasputin for lasting so many years after he should've been canned.

they should rotate the 3 games around the league.

Agreed, one of the games should be a rematch of the previous years SB and the other two should be teams that made the playoffs the previous year too.

I know the SB thing would mess up the schedule for those teams a little but the NFL should be able to work around it.

It would also bring strength of schedule back for the best teams.

Now if they can get NBC to dump that dog show. C'mon! It's Thanksgiving! Once the Macy's Parade it should be nothin' but football baby!

:D

The Lions and Cowboys usually play above their normal abilities on Thanksgiving but for the Lions that's really not saying a lot.

Agreed, one of the games should be a rematch of the previous years SB and the other two should be teams that made the playoffs the previous year too.

I know the SB thing would mess up the schedule for those teams a little but the NFL should be able to work around it.

It would also bring strength of schedule back for the best teams.

:D

The Lions and Cowboys usually play above their normal abilities on Thanksgiving but for the Lions that's really not saying a lot.

Cool thought.