YES WE WON - but why is everyone talking playoffs still

Poeticlaw

What did we take form this game that made us think there is a glimpse of hope for the playoffs?

Were they a good team we pounced all over? No a team with only one win this season

Was it a great offense we went up against? NO but yet they put up 462 yards- what is up with that?

Was it a great QB or a good QB at that we went up against? No a second year QB who had 3 turnovers

Were we effecient against their stout defense on third downs? 29% I wouldnt call that effeicent on 14 attempts and we were 2-4 on 4th downs.

yes we scored the most points than we have in a very long time, but please it was the KC Chiefs one of the worse teams in the NFL, sorry for being cynical or pesstimistic I like to call it being a realist the remaing schedule does not look that bright and a better team with a better QB would not have given this game away to us. IT reminds me a liitle bit of when we played against TB when RJ was starting and we had over 400 yds of offense and TB had under 300 and we lost that game. We still were not good enough to win and I still dont think we are. SHow me a win against Denver, Mia, JETS and NE then I will get excited because then we should be in the playoffs until that point no reason to get excited yet. One more loss seals the playoff coffin. My apologies to all you BILLIEVERS I will eat crow if they do but I just dont see it happening.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did we take form this game that made us think there is a glimpse of hope for the playoffs?

Were they a good team we pounced all over? No a team with only one win this season

Was it a great offense we went up against? NO but yet they put up 462 yards- what is up with that?

Was it a great QB or a good QB at that we went up against? No a second year QB who had 3 turnovers

Were we effecient against their stout defense on third downs? 29% I wouldnt call that effeicent on 14 attempts and we were 2-4 on 4th downs.

yes we scored the most points than we have in a very long time, but please it was the KC Chiefs one of the worse teams in the NFL, sorry for being cynical or pesstimistic I like to call it being a realist the remaing schedule does not look that bright and a better team with a better QB would not have given this game away to us. IT reminds me a liitle bit of when we played against TB when RJ was starting and we had over 400 yds of offense and TB had under 300 and we lost that game. We still were not good enough to win and I still dont think we are. SHow me a win against Denver, Mia, JETS and NE then I will get excited because then we should be in the playoffs until that point no reason to get excited yet. One more loss seals the playoff coffin. My apologies to all you BILLIEVERS I will eat crow if they do but I just dont see it happening.

I will agree that the Bills beat a bad KC team. But the Bills came into this game playing like a 1-9 team as well. It feels good to get a victory, no matter who the opponent. And until the Bills are mathematically eliminated, there will be playoff talk. You don't have to believe it, just deal with it.....

Well.....we got to see TE back and we got to see an emerging star in McKelvin.

And as to your last statement, I will gladly travel to wherever you are, and personally serve you that crow if the Bills do indeed make the playoffs. How would you like it cooked?

Yes, the Chiefs are 1-9. But we scored more points against them then ANYONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. You have to give our offense credit -- they played a team on the road and scored more points than anyone has ever scored against the Chiefs. That's a statement they can grow from.

I don't understand all the negative comments on the board all the time -- if you don't want to enjoy the team, then stop watching and stop posting. Nothing's going to change until next season at the earliest, so why waste your time? <_<

My apologies to all you BILLIEVERS I will eat crow if they do but I just dont see it happening.

Don't worry about eating crow. No way the Bills go better then 3-2-0 in their last 5 games, and 9-7-0 may be enough for Dick to keep his job, but it won't get into the playoffs this year. I can't imagine New England, Baltimore, Indy and the Dolphins all playing under 500 football the rest of the way to allow Buffalo a chance at sneaking in at 9-7-0. I think the two wildcards will be 11-5-0 and 10-6-0 this season.

It's because we are on drugs...the really good kind... :)

Don't worry about eating crow. No way the Bills go better then 3-2-0 in their last 5 games, and 9-7-0 may be enough for Dick to keep his job, but it won't get into the playoffs this year. I can't imagine New England, Baltimore, Indy and the Dolphins all playing under 500 football the rest of the way to allow Buffalo a chance at sneaking in at 9-7-0. I think the two wildcards will be 11-5-0 and 10-6-0 this season.

thanks 4 being positive :)

ahhh, while i dont think we are going to make the playoffs, i just hate when people use stats only they like to tell a game.

123 of KCs total yards were on their final two drives in mop up time when the game was well out of hand.

They have a second year QB.....So what? We do to.

Some of the best tell tale signs of a game are turnover margin and time of possession, which we did well with +5 turn over margin and had the ball for over 10 minutes longer. Sure 3rd down conversions are great and we need to improve, but they dont always mean results. The ravens were 5 for 17 on 3rd downs yesterday and they thumped the eagles anout the same way we did the chiegs. And the best example I think of that was yesterday when The Broncos were 9 for 16 on 3rd downs, but were destroyed by the Raiders by costly turnovers.

But we shall see where we stand after the other Miami away game this year

Some of the best tell tale signs of a game are turnover margin and time of possession, which we did well with +5 turn over margin and had the ball for over 10 minutes longer.

Especially considering the Chiefs had 21 takeaways this season, most in the NFL (according to the stats on the TV, anyway).

No offense, but who the hell ar eyou to tell anyone what to do??? We're fans. Some of us don't like to just female dog and whine. Some people to see the positive than post on a message board they were right about something not working.

We're a game out of the playoffs with 3 division games left to play. We won 4 straight games earlier in the year. Personally, I'd rather be a delusional Bills fan than a whiney, negative Nancy. But that's just me. Go Bills!!! :)

For the same reason fans thought Buffalo could make it in 06 and 07, despite nearly .500 records.

It makes them feel good to think playoffs. Instead, the Bills are in their own personal playoff, and running the table is the only way to guarantee a post-season.

Just one year I'd like to see Buffalo go into the last third of the season with an 8-3 record. This hovering around .500 is not cutting, especially after eight straight non-playoff seasons.

No offense, but who the hell ar eyou to tell anyone what to do??? We're fans. Some of us don't like to just female dog and whine. Some people to see the positive than post on a message board they were right about something not working.

We're a game out of the playoffs with 3 division games left to play. We won 4 straight games earlier in the year. Personally, I'd rather be a delusional Bills fan than a whiney, negative Nancy. But that's just me. Go Bills!!! :)

Good call CBiscuit, you must've gone to an excellent college. We wait all year for football season, so why would you possibly want to give up hope before mathematical elimination? As a fan it is a lot more enjoyable to cheer for the team every week and keep hope alive until the fat lady sings. We only get 16 games per year to watch our team, so just try and enjoy the ride instead of dwelling on the negatives.

This is a weird year. A couple of weeks ago, everyone seemed ready to write the Cowboys off. Same with the Colts.

There a a lot of 6-5 and 7-4 teams. At the beginning of the season, everyone seemed to be guaranteeing that the Patriots would walk through this division. And no one thought the Jets would be this good, even with Favre.

Lots of things can happen. How would the division change if Favre got dinged up and missed a couple of games? The possibility of that happening increases every year he plays.

Up until yesterday, people were talking about the new Fish "wildcat" offense like it was the reincarnation of the K-Gun.

Welcome to the age of parity. I doubt the Bills will make the playoffs, but I wouldn't write them off.

The win provides hope....isn't that what being a Bills fan is all about?

Playoffs? That's still a long ways off. They still have a quarter of season to go....which is a good thing.

They just need to come out and try to get a win next week...build up some momentum.

I'll enjoy this win and hope that they'll keep it going.