Running up the score

busterramsey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
It's not about the starters but its about running up the score.. I read on WGR that The D coordinator of KC called Shonert an "ASS" for throwing the ball , up by 30 in the 4th quarert.. Jaron was clueless in his remarks. Pros's don't do that

whatever, its all BS just like when we do a kneel down just for them to go down the field and try to score, we need the practice so who cares, we could have easily went for records but we didn't <_<

Oh come on...give me a break. These are grown azz men getting paid absurd amounts of money to play a game, a game most of us would play for free just for the chance to play. I am so sick of the running up the score cries when someone gets blown out. If they were highschool kids, then fine. But as Pro Athlete, if you dont want the score ran up then play better...simple as that.

The most annoying thing about it is that there are bigger problems going on out there and these highly paid people come out crying about having their feelings hurt cuz the score was too high. Tell that to the familys in California that just lost everything they had in the world to the fires, or the family that just lost their home or even job cuz of the economy. I mean seriously...whining about the score...how petty.

Besides, its more insulting when the opposing team stops trying then it is when you keep playing the game. When you let up then you are saying that the other is so lousy that you don't even have to play anymore.

Besides, with our struggles lately, our young team needed all the work they can get, especially when they were having success, to rebuild that confidence. If KC couldnt stop it, then thats on them...someone call them and say PLAY BETTER!

If Pollard wants to take cheap shots because he's pissed that he's been getting his ass kicked, then i say embarrass 'em some more and keep on scoring.

Wisdom says when you are up by a large margin in the 4th, pull your starters out.

That's what you do for two reasons:

1. Get game time for the bench.

2. There are individual players on the other team. They are angry - even if their poor play was part of the debacle. If you want to embarrass them further, they can act out of character...taking a shot not normally done.

I'm happy that a Bills' player didn't take a whack, suffer a season-ending injury - they've had so few to date compared to most clubs. No time to start.

This biz about KC putting 8 up front was KC saying OK game over. Like in a game of chess, they tilted their king.

The Bills passing, folks here saying it was KC's fault for offering that 8 defense so let's call passing when the game was done, make no sense - who has ever made up 30 points in the 4th quarter? Keeping most starters in...poor form.

This wasn't a big blow-out of a capable competitor - it ended up being a slap in the face of a 1 - 8 club with a last-chance kid at QB. Into the 4th, by the offense.

I think the upcoming opposition players have taken note. I'm sure their coaches will hammer it home.

Someone needs to tell KC that the Bills go shot-gun with an empty back field on third and one. This is a pass first team, so it makes sense they pass to keep the clock moving and gain first downs.

Also, Trent needed the confidence. The first half the Bills scored a lot of points, but not because of Trent's throwing. I thought the third and first half of the fourth was all about getting Trent back in a rythm. The bills could have put up 70, if they played the whole fourth.

Someone needs to tell KC that the Bills go shot-gun with an empty back field on third and one. This is a pass first team, so it makes sense they pass to keep the clock moving and gain first downs.

Also, Trent needed the confidence. The first half the Bills scored a lot of points, but not because of Trent's throwing. I thought the third and first half of the fourth was all about getting Trent back in a rythm. The bills could have put up 70, if they played the whole fourth.

And an angry Chiefs player could have cut Edward's knee in half. Via cheap shot. 15 yards. 10K fine.

When you are up by 30 going into the 4th...

And an angry Chiefs player could have cut Edward's knee in half. Via cheap shot. 15 yards. 10K fine.

When you are up by 30 going into the 4th...

Now that would have been pretty bush, although certainly plausible. I though Trent, Lynch, and Evans all should have been out of the game with 9 minutes remaining personally. I didn't see much chance of KC mounting a come back (yes mounting and pretty bush in the same post... <_< )....

The Bills passing, folks here saying it was KC's fault for offering that 8 defense so let's call passing when the game was done, make no sense - who has ever made up 30 points in the 4th quarter? Keeping most starters in...poor form.

Two Saturdays ago LSU scored thirty points in the fourth quarter against Troy. They were down 31 - 3 in the third quarter only to win 40 - 31.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200811150076

This guy is an idiot. It's not running up the score, it's called building confidence after 4 weeks of complete crap.

Yes, plus it's only "running up the score" if it's perpetrated on the Bills. When the Bills do it, it's just "building our confidence." :)

C

Two Saturdays ago LSU scored thirty points in the fourth quarter against Troy. They were down 31 - 3 in the third quarter only to win 40 - 31.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200811150076

The best part of this whole topic is how people have been ranting and raving about how DJ plays not lose and is too conservative. Then the first time he is aggressive the whole game (even going for it on 4th and goal and getting the TD early on) they jump all over about how we are running up the score when he was clearly giving his starters more time to work on their game as it will be needed down the stretch.

Again, these are grown azz men who are over paid to play a violent game, yet we worry about hurting their feelings by how many points we score when the object of this game is to score as many points as we can. Geezus...bunch of sissies...

The best part of last year was watching Belichik stick it to everyone and score at will. I loved it...it was about time. If you dont like it, PLAY BETTER...simple as that. I dont like the Pats as much as the next guy, but I have to say it was hilarious to see them crushing people everyweek all the way to the end of the game and watching the opponents cry about it after...

Anyone who thinks the Bills playing hard to the end of the games is absurd. On this board people say DJ coaches not to lose. That is exactly the opposite of what was done today. Also if the bills would have slowed down and KC got back in the game, the people saying we ran up the score would be complaining about the coaching.

This was a game between two young, struggling teams. If you look at the stats, the Chiefs were able to move the ball pretty good. The Chiefs did have more yardage and they had a huge per rush average.

There is a contextual difference between the Pats game last year and yesterdays game. The Pats were in control of the Bills throughout that game last year as has been the story for a lot of games (other than the 31-0 game) over a lot of seasons now. The Pats have clearly been the better team. The Pats have won three Super Bowls and the outcome of last years game was never in doubt. Yesterday, the Chiefs were moving the ball fairly successfully by pass and run most of the game. The Bills were 7-9 last year and before yesterday, had lost five of their last six games. I agree with the posts saying that the starters were in there too long. However, the Bills slide has taken them from playoff probable to playoff probably not. And the way the offense had been playing as of late this was an offense that needed to throw some oil on the chain. Remember that last drive of three straight runs against Cleveland? Remember also, that the Monday night loss may be the game we look back to when the Bills are on the outside looking in come playoff time. We are sorry KC but the Bills are not in any position to take anybody lightly including you. Take that as a show of respect. The Bills have been in need of some resuscitation. The Bills have been in need of some training camp. Sorry that the Bills used Arrowhead for St John Fisher West but our season is on life support.

Yes, plus it's only "running up the score" if it's perpetrated on the Bills. When the Bills do it, it's just "building our confidence." :)

C

If you are referring to the Patriots games... you must be a complete blockhead. The patriots didn't need to build confidence... they scored more than 5 TD's in their last 4 games.