2.5 million jobs!

How 'bout that Obama fella! He is going to unveil some of his economic plans tomorrow, and those plans will lead to the creation of 2.5 million jobs in the next two years. Good on yer', Barack.

So, 2.5 million, plus the 200,000 jobs that Mz Hill'ry promised for NYS (never delivered, but that's water over the dam, right?), totals one smokin' lot of work for us.

Wowzer! I can feel the stimulus now...or is that a peristaltic wave I feel....?

How 'bout that Obama fella! He is going to unveil some of his economic plans tomorrow, and those plans will lead to the creation of 2.5 million jobs in the next two years. Good on yer', Barack.

So, 2.5 million, plus the 200,000 jobs that Mz Hill'ry promised for NYS (never delivered, but that's water over the dam, right?), totals one smokin' lot of work for us.

Wowzer! I can feel the stimulus now...or is that a peristaltic wave I feel....?

He did not!!!???? Want to help me organize a recall campaign?

For the record, he aims to create or save 2.5 million jobs.

Tell you what. Ross Perot might've been a short firecracker, but he was damned right about that "Giant Sucking Sound" passed by the Repubs and Clinton. Took awhile, but we can no longer juggle off lost production jobs here with low-wage retail, fast food and sales.

Some kind of technology has to pave the way, probably medical development or energy creation jobs. When these areas needed to be bolstered in the later Clinton years, everyone was still riding the rollercoaster and in the Dubya presidency, different (ideological, anti-science) policies were set. Car manufacturing, textiles and the like probably aren't going to be coming back in droves and anybody with a brain should have known that 10 years ago. We are so behind where we should be it's not even funny.

You would rather a new president came in and promised to create more unemployment? Part of the role of a new president is to use the bully pulpit to instill confidence and hope. Nobody listens to Bush anymore because he lost credibility years ago.

Then why stop at 2.5? Why not use that bully pulpit to full advantage, and tell us that we'll get 25 million jobs, on top of the 15 million un-exportable green jobs and all the love that is going to be showered on us around the world. Funny that you point out how Bush lost his credibility while recommending the same course for Obama.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

I don't think I had any doubts about you.

If it's possible to LOSE 1.2+ million jobs in less than a year, it's possible to stop the loss and add new jobs to the total of 2.5min two years. I am a little skeptical but the alternative is unthinkable.

It will be interesting to see the forms these jobs will take. I expect a healthy number will be govt-sponsored work programs a la TVA.

Obama was invented in a Democratic war room somewhere and the liberal media got him elected by working the sheep. Voting was down from 2004 and new voters were up 20 % all for Obama. So, the republicans started to believe that Osama had it locked up and stayed home on election day. That won't happen in 2012. His smooth talk will only do so much and when the certain demographics he targeted don't get what they feel they deserve (see. moocher) they will turn on him. One trick pony!!!! :devil:

Obama was invented in a Democratic war room somewhere and the liberal media got him elected by working the sheep. Voting was down from 2004 and new voters were up 20 % all for Obama. So, the republicans started to believe that Osama had it locked up and stayed home on election day. That won't happen in 2012. His smooth talk will only do so much and when the certain demographics he targeted don't get what they feel they deserve (see. moocher) they will turn on him. One trick pony!!!! :rolleyes:

Voting was down? Boy, the numbers I see show 4 million more people voted this year than in 2004.

Ironically, I think McCain had it right, but the free marketers would rather bail out Wall Street and Detroit albeit with their noses plugged. :) McCain suggested bailing out homeowners.... the root of the problem and that would help solve the crisis. It would have been a lot better than giving away all those funds to scoflaw banks and do nothing car companies and it still would have trickled up to them as homeowner resolved debt, they would actually have some money to spend!

Now the American consumer's wallets are being held tighter than Paulson's sphincter and isn't going to return to spending needed to keep all those failing companies afloat. But yes, lets bailout Citicorp, the king of predatory credit.

Wrong! Check your sources. Voter turn out was lower than in 2004, absolutely.

You are wrong. While percentage of eligible voters that cast ballots remained roughly the same as 2004, more actual ballots were cast in this election than in any previous election by what will probably be 7 million more than 2004, once all election tabulations are finished and validated. There are too many links to post. You are right about your party, though. There were several percentage points of GOP-registered voters who succumbed to despair and blew off voting in this election. Better luck next time when you trot out Palin, Romney or Gingrich.