Bills Strategy Tomorrow

befootballfan

First of all, I am sure that the Bills will win the game tomorrow. But still, we need to talk about some strategy.

The Bills need to shake the emotional damage of a four-game losing streak fast. The Chiefs have lost their last four by margins of just 4, 3, 1 and 10 points and have scattered playmakers capable of giving Buffalo matchup problems. Young QB Tyler Thigpen (10 TDs, five INTs) has terrific ball skills but is prone to being sacked. Alas, that's what the Bills don't do very well with Aaron Schobel (foot) out. This is no time to hold off on the blitz. Offensively, the Bills will finally see a 4-3 look, which most of their success came early against. The Chiefs can take the ball away, but they've also given up 4,025 yards, 205 first downs, 30 TDs and are allowing 5.1 yards per carry. If a struggling Trent Edwards can't get on track against this defense, the Bills can start scouting QBs in next year's draft.

:rolleyes:

------

Cool widgets at statbeast.com. Check it.

Hopefully the coaches noticed that we were able to control both lines last week, and for the most part dominate the browns. With -4 turnovers we almost pulled it out, which is improbable to say the least. It may have been our best game in the trenches this year, aside from the long TD run given up.

If we can establish the run first, and mix in the pass we should be tough against anyone. Keep it simple for TE, so he can have a good game and get back on track.

However, we don't seem to take notice and continue to underutilize our skill players. It comes down to an inability to put our players in ideal situations where their specific talents can make a play. I blame the coaching staff. They seem to prefer to force our players to fit the system.... even if its not working. Then there's the issue of telegraphing our plays---like passing 95% out of the shotgun, and running 95% from under center (rough estimates of %). Changing that alone would increase the likelihood of success on any given play tremendously. How can our coaches do that???!!!! I don't know sh-- about coaching football, but that is minor league for sure.

How good do you think Lynch would be on the Pats*? I'm confidant he would have more then 1 100 yard game thats for sure. What about Evans, Parrish, Hardy? We have the talent to be a dangerous O, but in the past month especially we are handcuffing ourselves, and making it easy to defend us until we make a mistake.

I will be playing close attention to the coaches (Shonert, DJ) to see if they make some adjustments that seem painfully obvious to me. They need to step up, do some gamplanning, and exploit the other teams weakness for a change.

First of all, I am sure that the Bills will win the game tomorrow. But still, we need to talk about some strategy.

The Bills need to shake the emotional damage of a four-game losing streak fast. The Chiefs have lost their last four by margins of just 4, 3, 1 and 10 points and have scattered playmakers capable of giving Buffalo matchup problems. Young QB Tyler Thigpen (10 TDs, five INTs) has terrific ball skills but is prone to being sacked. Alas, that's what the Bills don't do very well with Aaron Schobel (foot) out. This is no time to hold off on the blitz. Offensively, the Bills will finally see a 4-3 look, which most of their success came early against. The Chiefs can take the ball away, but they've also given up 4,025 yards, 205 first downs, 30 TDs and are allowing 5.1 yards per carry. If a struggling Trent Edwards can't get on track against this defense, the Bills can start scouting QBs in next year's draft.

:unsure:

------

Cool widgets at statbeast.com. Check it.

Bills need to run the ball the way they did against Cleveland and Edwards needs to snap out of his slump. If so, we'll be ok.

Jauron will lead the charge with this pre-game nugget of wisdom:

"Alright listen up. Today I want to talk about team play. There is no I in TEAM. There is a T and an E and an A and even an M, but there is no I in Team. There is no I in football, period.... There is an I in period and there are periods in football and there are teams in periods... but there is no I in team, period. The I... is in the beholder. K... now let's go play some football!"

Jauron will lead the charge with this pre-game nugget of wisdom:

"Alright listen up. Today I want to talk about team play. There is no I in TEAM. There is a T and an E and an A and even an M, but there is no I in Team. There is no I in football, period.... There is an I in period and there are periods in football and there are teams in periods... but there is no I in team, period. The I... is in the beholder. K... now let's go play some football!"

Did YOU get accepted to Yale? I know I didn't!

He's obviously an intelligent guy. Whether or not he's capable of applying that intelligence to coaching is whats debatable.

Hopefully Turk Schonert will trip as he gets off the bus and hit his head on something very hard,suffer's a mild concussion,not enough to hurt him long term but enough to keep him from calling the offensive plays against the Chiefs :unsure:

Dick Jauron will let Alex Van pelt take over the play calling and he will mostly call running plays on every down...cept on third and long. :unsure:

Seriously,unless the Bills coaches stop calling the friggin shotgun on every offensive down and focus on giving the backs 25+ touches it will be the same result as the last 4 games...

There is something to be said for actually trying to win, rather than hoping that your opponent screws up.

Ok I agree 100%. But are you basing that solely on Herm Edwards' decision to go for 2 to win the game against San Diego? Or do you comprehensively know that KC tries harder to win than us?

Ok I agree 100%. But are you basing that solely on Herm Edwards' decision to go for 2 to win the game against San Diego? Or do you comprehensively know that KC tries harder to win than us?

The players dont try any harder than the Bills, But the coaches sure do.....