Alright you olds....Listen up....

JinVA

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember going with my grandmother back in the early '80s to get gas for the lawnmower, full service station and she just told the guy to put it on my grandfathers tab.

Good point Jack.

You think that would float with all the crap people spend money on now? Surely, like Cincy noted, the 2000 watt speaker would take the place of paying down one's tab... Heck, just the cell phone bill for some will get in the way of a freindship and trust relationship!

It is all about priorities... And it is sad for me to say... People just don't have them now... We are given so many choices , that our heads spin... Call the people stupid, but we are a direct reflection of how our country has been governed for the past decades... It is all about here and now... Many people can't make the right choices most of the time.

Learn to use a freakin' debit card for christ sakes :censored::thumbsup:

And if thats too much to ask at least have your checkbook in hand with everything but the amount filled in.

Listen youngn' with your lol's and brb's....Debit cards cost you money per transaction. Use it as a credit card and have it taken out of your checking account...whipper snappers with that rock and roll.

Listen youngn' with your lol's and brb's....Debit cards cost you money per transaction. Use it as a credit card and have it taken out of your checking account...whipper snappers with that rock and roll.

Guy at work always did that. I don't think he quite understands that 25 cents to $1 per transaction adds up quickly.

My debit card costs me ZERO per transaction and is a better deal for the merchant, as they get the $$ a little quicker. What banks charge for Point of Sale transactions on a debit card? None that I've ever used.

Yep. Some banks like one of mine will charge you $.25 for a debit transaction... Now, if I push it through as a "credit" I do not get charged that fee... I assume they pass it on to the merchant.

Ever wonder why when you swipe your debit card... You have to press "cancel" or whatever to get it to the "credit" screen... All stores are different... Some make it easy and some really "bury" the credit option in their software... You know why? If you have a bank that passes the debit fee to you... Just by swiping the debit card, they might get you to accept the fee (using your pin#).

Now some will say what is $.25 a transaction... Add it up!

Checks are a lot cheaper than $.25 each... Or use your debit and push it through as a credit and 100% pass that fee on to someone else.

Basically sign for it... Do not use your pin.

Win-win for the merchant if they can get you to use the debit option... The POS fee is passed on to somebody else and theyget their money straight .

Now... I want to know what is up with the "Ping?"... You know when they ping your account and only a dollar comes out... Then it takes a day or so for the rest to clear...

:devil: