lets review this losman disaster

TheKing

I think that this post JP analysis is kind of dumb. He is still on the team for a few more games. Do it when he goes somewhere else and becomes Darell Lamonica. I think the Bills made a lot of bad decisions.

JP was one. What they did with JP after they had him are some more.

Is JP good? I honestly couldn't tell you after 4 years of seeing him.

I think they are making better choices with Trent and hope what we are seeing the last few weeks are just growing pains.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh??? :rolleyes:

JP is like what 6'-4", Flutie is 5'-7" Flutie had a weak arm, sharp grasp of the game, great pocket presence, and knew when to use his legs JP has a cannon for an arm, appears slow to pick up things, no pocket presence, was goodwhen he ran though took off too late. If Flutie had even half the physical skills of JP, he would have been better another Brett F, but likely with less ints. The first year here he was great, but once teams figured out he doesn't have an arm strong enough to consistently make throws to the sidelines, they'd clog the middle and leave a spy on him to pick up if he took off on the run. Once they figured that out, he looked weak.

The error in my opinion was not drafting Losman. It was the coaches Losman has had. JP has a similar skill set to Flutie & had he been utilized in the same manner I believe he would have been successful in Buffalo.

I think that this post JP analysis is kind of dumb. He is still on the team for a few more games. Do it when he goes somewhere else and becomes Darell Lamonica. I think the Bills made a lot of bad decisions.

JP was one. What they did with JP after they had him are some more.

Is JP good? I honestly couldn't tell you after 4 years of seeing him.

I think they are making better choices with Trent and hope what we are seeing the last few weeks are just growing pains.

I can tell you if he's good.

I'm good at judging the ability of QBs.

Is Losman any good?

No

JP is like what 6'-4", Flutie is 5'-7" Flutie had a weak arm, sharp grasp of the game, great pocket presence, and knew when to use his legs JP has a cannon for an arm, appears slow to pick up things, no pocket presence, was goodwhen he ran though took off too late. If Flutie had even half the physical skills of JP, he would have been better another Brett F, but likely with less ints. The first year here he was great, but once teams figured out he doesn't have an arm strong enough to consistently make throws to the sidelines, they'd clog the middle and leave a spy on him to pick up if he took off on the run. Once they figured that out, he looked weak.

Flutie was an EXPERIENCED QB when he came to the Bills. Wait until JP has more experience. Flutie did not have a weak arm. You obviously did not see the Boston Miami game Flutie won as a Senior. JP was FORCED to stay in the pocket by the IDIOT coaching staff he had. I think he would have been much more effective running the offense that Flutie ran in Buffalo.

Listen a lot of people are taking a harsh tone with me in reaction to this thread.

I even had some hostile PMs from 'members' would just joined.

They just joined to PM me.

Yeah sure.

So here is my question in reaction to all of that, if you resent me for calling the losman fiasco a distaster, then tell me it isn't a distaster and why it isn't.

Your father was absolutely correct in telling you to keep your mouth shut.

He should still be telling you that today.

When you begin to gain some intelligence then open that trap.

In the meantime i'll take the place of your father for a second and tell you two things, keep that hole of yours shut and develop some manhood.

Stop swooning over JP ,I'm sure your father wouldn't be too pleased, I know mine wouldn't, if you are going to swoon at all ,swoon over women.

Your father will be relieved to see it.

I was telling you that in all sincerity. It is obvious you are a young kid, I was trying to pass on some good advice, when your older you will know what I mean. You have shown yourself to be a smart azz little punk whom I shall ignore from now on.

I was telling you that in all sincerity. It is obvious you are a young kid, I was trying to pass on some good advice, when your older you will know what I mean. You have shown yourself to be a smart azz little punk whom I shall ignore from now on.

Boy I want you to read my advice again because you certainly are in need of it.

Edwards apologists have nothing better to talk about other than JP? Way to deflect the real issues around the poor play of the current QB

Mike Shanahan coached JP in the senior bowl and loved his game

I don't think what Shanahan thought 5 years ago is relavant do you?

So are you saying that this JP fiasco has not been a disaster?

If so why?

That's why teams have been dropping 7 and 8 into coverage lately. Right. And I'm sure that has NOTHING to do with the fact that Evans was averaging over 20 yds a catch at one point and TE had a YPA average over 8 as well as the fact that we couldn't run the ball for sh*t all year. Yep. It's just Edwards' preference to throw short.

GO BILLS!!!

The 7 or 8 in coverage aren't all deep. They give opponents a chance to clog up the whole field, including the short routes.

And yes, with minutes to throw, against the terrible teams, he threw some long ones. Where have they been lately, when we have been having trouble?

Thank you, great post,

Looks to me like Hodge and Sullivan nailed it.

Followed by Mayock and Kiper.

Kiper was 100% on when he questioned his ability to read defenses

I'm suprised Jaws was that far off the mark.

On the Bills part their scouts and coaches obviously missed the mark.

Wyche of course sounds like the main culprit and Modrak seemed clueless.

My suspicion is that Donahoe didn't do his own assessment and went on their advice, bad move, it cost him his job, and rightfully so.

Is Modrak still with the Bills?

I hope not, he should have been fired.

The point is that all of them thought that JP was not a polished product and would take a while. One even suggested he sit behind Bledsoe for 2 or 3 years. The Bills didn't give him a while. You take a guy who's not polished and then you don't let him develop with a long-term plan and you get what you deserve.

The problem was not with the draft evaluation. The problem was with the coaching and use of JP without any long-term plan whatsoever.

You are so off base here. First, Flutie's arm was very strong. Early in his career. By the time we got him, unfortunately, he'd jumped the shark. At that point, yes, his arm was weak.

And comparing the early JP to Flutie after he'd already played 11 years of pro ball, well, it just doesn't make any sense. Look instead at Flutie's stats in his first four years in the NFL with Chicago and New England.

'85 4 games played 50% Completions

'87 2 games played 60% Completions

'88 11 games played 51.4% Completions

'89 5 games played 39.6% Completions

There's more, but Flutie sucked at the beginning of his career.

Just like virtually every good QB, Dan Marino aside, does. Unless you are lucky enough to fall into a position like Roethlesberger where the team could have gone 12 - 4 with Soupy Sales at QB. JP has not had enough experience to be judged as a final project.

Trent is such a young guy, right, with virtually no experience. Well, actually, he's played 2/3rds of the amount of games that JP did. Neither guy is a sure thing, a sure success or a sure failure.

Ha ha ha ha. As I read through the thread, the pattern becomes clear, and it's pretty funny.

The King: He's a disaster.

replies: some agreeing and some disagreeing

The King: If you disagree, just explain why

replies: several explanations

The King: See, nobody is explaining why.

replies: several more explanations

The King: All I ask is that if you disagree, you just explain why

replies: yet more explanations

The King: Nobody can explain why

ad infinitum

The King has no clothes. I'm out of this thread.