Ball State Alum to all you UB fans....win your game Friday...

Lv-Bills

We'll hold up our end of the bargain, in our stadium next week against Western Michigan. We'll be 12-0. We'll then celebrate like the hoodlums at WVU used to when the Mountaineers beat Penn State back in the day. Campus will burn, goal posts will come down, rent a cops will run, and Letterman will give national exposure on free network TV.

Then, my Ball State Cardinals are going to be waiting for you in the MAC title game.

Hopefully we'll somehow sneak into the BCS too. I doubt we can climb into it, although two teams ahead of them in the BCS are guaranteed to lose this week no matter what because four of those teams all play each other. This doesnt include OKLA and TT. Hopefully though they can avoid the MAC title game's pathetic Motor City Bowl.

I want a real opponent in a real bowl game. And all of this without the best player on our team.....Dante Love.

Yes, I'm talking smack. And no, I don't respect UB or any other pathetic team in the East Division. And no, Turner Gill and his mediocre schemes don't scare me at all. I understand you gotta start somewhere, and start a winning tradition, but you will get smacked in the title game!!!!

BRING IT ON......IF........you can even get there!

:lol:

Impressive smack, considering Ball U. just barely managed to squeak that one out.

LOL, you mean squeak that one out on the road, in a hostile environment (CMU actually draws fans), against the premiere MAC team over the last about 4-5 years?

You've gotta come better than that. CMU has owned BSU over the past. Us "squeaking one out" at CMU is the equivalent of the Bills being able to go to New England and "squeak one out".

DING DONG, the Central Michigan witch is dead, and Ball State is going where no MAC team has ever gone before.

GO BALL STATE.

UB looks forward to playing Ball State, or whoever. Just don't forget to beat WMU.

PTR

Oops, I thought you typed that you beat WMU. Ummmm, we'll beat WMU. Just watch on ESPN next week. It will be bedlum. Actual fans at a MAC game in a packed BSU stadium.

Should be electric.

Why would I "come better than that"? My team locks up a BCS berth if they take care of business on Saturday.

And seeing as how my dad lives just past the intersection of McGalliard and Tillotson, within earshot of the stadium, I want to see the Cards do well. If you keep acting like Ed, though, I might begin to change my mind ...

Why would I "come better than that"? My team locks up a BCS berth if they take care of business on Saturday.

And seeing as how my dad lives just past the intersection of McGalliard and Tillotson, within earshot of the stadium, I want to see the Cards do well. If you keep acting like Ed, though, I might begin to change my mind ...

Ball ST would give Penn St all they could handle if they met up in a bowl game this year. Too bad that will not happen.

As far as Ball ST, this team is legit. I bet the MAAC quite often & there is one very good team in the MAAC this year; Ball St. There a 2 pretty good teams in the MAAC(Central Michigan & W Michigan). After that UB/N Illinois are the best of the rest. Ball St better not sleep on WMU or they will get beat. Being that they are at home, I do not forsee such an upset. If they were playing on the road it maybe a different story. I will say this though. It will be a bigtime injustice if Ball ST runs the table & they are forced to play in the Motor City Bowl when inferior teams like Notred Dame could possibly play in a New Year's day bowl.

Ball ST would give Penn St all they could handle if they met up in a bowl game this year. Too bad that will not happen.

Please. After that contest Ball State would be a greasy spot on the field.

I don't think the bandwagon is going to crash if you jump off, so I think we'll be alright. And yes, being from Pittsburgh, I too grew up going to Penn State games, so I'm with you there though.

McGalliard and Tillotson huh? That's really cool. I played baseball at BSU in the early 90's and have seen many a ball hit those roads. Of course, it was usually someone from Notre Dame, Purdue or Kent hitting them.

BUT, and now I regress into a Jim Rome type idiot again......the MAC is usually a non-factor in the BCS scheme of things.....so to drum up a little smack (or more importantly interest in a conference that has little), just to cause ANY interest in it is OK. I mean seriously........it's the MAC. Any talk about it is a good thing. Especially for UB and it's allegiance of 4,000 fans!

So again........come on UB......come get your ass whooped!

;)

Ball state? How appropriate. Only one ball.

LOL, not bad! But hey, as we used to say in Indiana to Hoosier fans.....I'd rather Ball U, than IU.

BEST TEAM IN INDIANA. And yes, Notre Dame, Purdue, and Indiana, I'm talking to you!

Ball St? Was Dick University already taken?

LOL. Also not bad, but still kinda weak. Actually, go on down to grannie's basement and grab one of those Ball mason jars and see just how the Ball family made their fortune.

Hell, maybe I should write to the Ball family, they probably have enough money to buy the Bills. Does that make Muncie a more viable NFL city than Buffalo???

OK OK, that wasn't so funny! lol

As far as Ball ST, this team is legit. I bet the MAAC quite often & there is one very good team in the MAAC this year; Ball St. There a 2 pretty good teams in the MAAC(Central Michigan & W Michigan). After that UB/N Illinois are the best of the rest. Ball St better not sleep on WMU or they will get beat. Being that they are at home, I do not forsee such an upset. If they were playing on the road it maybe a different story. I will say this though. It will be a bigtime injustice if Ball ST runs the table & they are forced to play in the Motor City Bowl when inferior teams like Notred Dame could possibly play in a New Year's day bowl.

Gord, good analysis. At least someone here knows about the MAC. I can tell you bet the conference. Being a Penn State fan myself (I grew up in PA), I have no doubt, WITH DANTE LOVE, that Ball State would put up some major points on PSU. However, I think they would lose because they are very undersized on defense and kind of slow. I could see Penn State winning like 45-31 or something like that.

Unfortunately, without Dante Love, the luster of just how good Ball State really is will not be shown to the country. With Love, their offense was unstoppable, and had four legit first day NFL draft picks on it. Without him, they are still good, but not quite good enough to beat a higher end BCS caliber team only because they wont' be able to win a shootout with them, similar to Boise State's win a couple of years ago.

And yes, WMU is a huge opponent this week. BSU better come down from celebrating real quick, or they could lose, even at home.

Please. After that contest Ball State would be a greasy spot on the field.

The only thing greasy would be Paterno's greasy fingers after eating chicken up in the press box during the game, as he "figureheads" the Lions to another victory.

While not likely, it's also not far fetched to think that BSU could hang with PSU. The MAC has been beating Big Ten teams for year's now. This is something that never used to happen, and it happens with regularity now. The MAC puts a lot of scares into many Big Ten teams too.

Without Dante Love, Ball State laid the wood to Indiana, at IU, about as good as Penn State beat them.

So, no, it's not far fetched.

I'm happy that Ed's scarlet fever has cleared up...but it seems to have left him mute.

I don't think the bandwagon is going to crash if you jump off, so I think we'll be alright. And yes, being from Pittsburgh, I too grew up going to Penn State games, so I'm with you there though.

McGalliard and Tillotson huh? That's really cool. I played baseball at BSU in the early 90's and have seen many a ball hit those roads. Of course, it was usually someone from Notre Dame, Purdue or Kent hitting them.

BUT, and now I regress into a Jim Rome type idiot again......the MAC is usually a non-factor in the BCS scheme of things.....so to drum up a little smack (or more importantly interest in a conference that has little), just to cause ANY interest in it is OK. I mean seriously........it's the MAC. Any talk about it is a good thing. Especially for UB and it's allegiance of 4,000 fans!

So again........come on UB......come get your ass whooped!

;)

Okay, fair enough. Nice history lesson on the Ball family, btw. We made those jars in our plant for a while, and that's the reason my dad moved out there in '87 (corporate HQ). In return, here's some for you: a Muncie team owned by the Ball brothers was actually one of the original members of the APFA, later to become the NFL. Didn't work out, though. And you do know where the Ball family is originally from, right?

And on my first trip out there, you're damn right I snared myself a Ball U sweatshirt.

Back to football ... yeah, Love's injury truly sucks. He was something to watch. Gotta love Davis, a quarterback who can throw the ball no matter where the laces are. I'm sure NFL QB coaches cringe when they see that, but hey, it works for him.

Okay, fair enough. Nice history lesson on the Ball family, btw. We made those jars in our plant for a while, and that's the reason my dad moved out there in '87 (corporate HQ). In return, here's some for you: a Muncie team owned by the Ball brothers was actually one of the original members of the APFA, later to become the NFL. Didn't work out, though. And you do know where the Ball family is originally from, right?

And on my first trip out there, you're damn right I snared myself a Ball U sweatshirt.

Back to football ... yeah, Love's injury truly sucks. He was something to watch. Gotta love Davis, a quarterback who can throw the ball no matter where the laces are. I'm sure NFL QB coaches cringe when they see that, but hey, it works for him.

Nice on the Ball U sweatshirt. That's hilarious. Honestly though, I have no idea where the Ball family was originally from. I'm sure it's somewhere in my original orientation packet, but I really have no idea. So, where are they from?

Also, go to LaBamba's in the village, and get a burrito that is actually bigger than your head. God, I loved that place.....especially at 3am!

Also, a little more about Ball State.......of course it was David Lettermans school. On the wall to the T-com building that he basically built, a plaque reads............"To all my fellow C- students, keep up the average work, there's hope". LOL

Also, Jim Davis, creator of Garfield. Joyce Dewitt, Janet on Three's Company.

In the NFL, I actually was roommates with Brad Maynard, who now punts for the Bears for two years. There were eight of us who lived in that house. Brad was actually the MAC player of the year once as a punter. He used to get into fistfights with our QB at BSU about who was more valuable to the team. A team that went to the Las Vegas bowl. The QB, who was pretty good, was so jealous that Maynard got so many accolades.

A little about Maynard......you all might think is funny.

*** If you all think agents are on the up and up, you are seriously mistaken. Agents would call our house all of the time and offer things, sometimes as expensive as cars to anyone in the house if Maynard would sign with them. This was while he was playing. AND HE WAS A PUNTER.

*** Roid raging Todd Sauerbrun used to call our house drunk at night and talk sh-- to Brad, either on the phone or on our answering machine, and he didn't even know him. When Maynard started receiving all American mention and awards in magazines and stuff, Sauerbrun found our number and started calling and talking trash. A total TOOL JOB.

My second year living in the athletic dorm, I lived across the hall from Ketih McKenzie, who briefly played with the Bills. His claim to fame was walking down the hallway totally naked when the cleaning LADY showed up every day. LOL. She eventually got used to him, gave up on trying to tell on him, and would smack his ass every Friday for good luck. The cleaning lady was about 55 yrs old! Awesome lady.

Bernie Parmalee, the dolphins all purpose back was construed as a UPS driver and then miraculously just happened to be a productice NFL player. Nothing could be further from the truth, as he held almost all of BSU's rushing records for quite a while. I used to laugh out loud when the media tried to make him out to be this average Joe right off of the UPS truck. He did work for UPS, but he was one hell of a RB.

Oh well, that's all. I'm sure when Ball State loses their 19 senior starters this year, we'll fall back into oblivion, but for now, I'mma live it up good.

;)