Turk Schonert Needs Some Blame Here

TheChimp

One name, Freddie Jackson. Sitting there on the sidelines for a full half, coming out for kickoff returns and doing a fine, fine job, but missing his chance to do what he EVENTUALLY got to do. I don't know about the rest of you, but it has been WEEKS that I have been scratching my head, wondering why Turk gave up on Freddie Jackson in the backfield. He opened the season CLEARLY Lynch's superior when it comes to finding holes and getting yards that Lynch simply hasn't been getting. He even led the team in YAC, didn't he, at some point?

And Freddies's success ALWAYS led to the success of Lynch. Look back and watch the films.

Then Turk just shelved him, and went with a Steve Fairchild-like game plan, to boot, and I was literally SCREAMING for Jackson to be used last night by the time he actually was....and whaddaya know, Jackson's entrance was exactly what sparked the team back into life.

I can only imagine what the game would have looked like had Trent had THIS guy running routes and grabbing the rock from the opening drive, if he'd have thrown those two bad picks.

The proof is in the pudding. The game BEFORE Jackson was allowed to carry the ball, and the game AFTER Jackson was allowed to carry the ball.

And looking back on our three losses before that, how often did Turk use Jackson in THOSE games?

Hey Turk, fess up, Freddie boinked yer wife, right? Because, frankly, you had better come up with an excuse as to why you waited so long to use what has obviously been a Godsend to your offense this season.

I'm only kidding, of course. I don't expect to hear anything even resembling a decent excuse from Turk, or DJ, or Levy or Modrak or Wilson, regarding the atrociuos misuse of talent in Buffalo that even stupid monkeys like me can see through. They never have been upfront and honest about their failings in the past.

But it needed to be said, because it was the elephant in the room.

I completely agree with you. While Lynch does show some flair at times, he basically runs across the grain rather than punching at hole in the line. Freddie runs into the hole, or the slice and makes a bigger hole. I'd put in Omon, what the hell. Lynch is too concerned about protecting his interests than to really play, while the lower draft choices want the time. At this stage of the season, but the lower ranking guys in. We have virtually no chance (Again) of making the playoffs, therefore what have we got to lose?

Why do you guys think that? Could it be because he's a change of pace back maybe? He gives the D something new, and so he succeeds because he is not Lynch. He usually gets stuffed by his third straight run. I agree that he is fantastic, and athletic, as shown by his highlights and Kick returns, but he did fumble, and lynch did excel and caught every pass thrown to him, unlike Jackson the week before.

In the end, they're both two very different but productive backs. To say one is better than the other, or that one should only be playing is silly.

I completely agree with you. While Lynch does show some flair at times, he basically runs across the grain rather than punching at hole in the line. Freddie runs into the hole, or the slice and makes a bigger hole. I'd put in Omon, what the hell. Lynch is too concerned about protecting his interests than to really play, while the lower draft choices want the time. At this stage of the season, but the lower ranking guys in. We have virtually no chance (Again) of making the playoffs, therefore what have we got to lose?

Excuse me?

Some people really just try to run players out of town.

Turk was hamstrung because his QB was a deer in headlights. I agree that Lynch and Jackson are integral to any hope for success but if there is not a passing game then defenses will just stack the line and leave up to Trent to win games. The past four weeks show that he can't do it.

Why do you guys think that? Could it be because he's a change of pace back maybe? He gives the D something new, and so he succeeds because he is not Lynch. He usually gets stuffed by his third straight run. I agree that he is fantastic, and athletic, as shown by his highlights and Kick returns, but he did fumble, and lynch did excel and caught every pass thrown to him, unlike Jackson the week before.

In the end, they're both two very different but productive backs. To say one is better than the other, or that one should only be playing is silly.

I won't rail against Jackson. That fumble was when he was under tackle by several Browns, and one shot in and punched the ball. Jackson was 12 for 60 off the bench...Not bad at all.

BOTH Jackson and Lynch, when they alternated every other down or every few downs, all season long, have made each other more productive. They give the defense something different to look at, whatever it is, the results are obvious if you just watch the game films when they are both in there. Turk didn't do that until the Third Quarter. That's what my point is. I never said bench anyone, not even Trent. You guys gotta learn how to read what is said and not put words in my mouth. I'm very good at saying exactly what I mean.

Back in January when Schonert was hired, I wasn't optimistic. Mainly, because he'd been in the league for so long and hadn't been anything more than a QB coach. At the time, DJ's lack of job security probably meant he couldn't attract the best candidates.

As bad as Fairchild was, I don't see Schonert as the improvement many on this board heralded him as. Trent deserves blame for throwing three picks last night, but where was the offensive creativity?

Moreover, there is a trend which isn't being brought to light. All Jauron teams, especially after Crowton left in 2000, are horrible offensively. He's had three different coordinators since 2001, and none of them have been able to get his offense into gear. It's becoming a HC-OC thing rather than just players and OC.

i think freddy hits the holes a lot faster than lynch. a coach with any kind of stones would start jackson and losman and let his starters think and watch for a bit.

Sooo...you'd bench Lynch after his first 100-yard game of the year and his 177 yards from scrimmage?

i think freddy hits the holes a lot faster than lynch. a coach with any kind of stones would start jackson and losman and let his starters think and watch for a bit.

Lynch had a nice game to a great extent because they got him the ball away from the pile. That was a plus to take away from the game. Looks like the coaches learned something there. Should have been obvious weeks ago.

I don't know how bad Trent would have to play to get pulled in favor of JP. I don't buy the thought that he would be emotionally damaged. Looks to me like Jauron's first objective is to not cause a controversy more than to win the game. I think it's no coincidence that the offense under Turk or Steve is getting similar results. The overall approach is driven from the head coach. Keep the game close, hope (pray) to win it in the end.

Shame on the Bills for not figuring out how to use Roscoe more in the passing game.

when there is a hole, you want to hit it fast. when there is not, the back needs patience to see if a lane opens up. Our line a lot more times than not does not create a whole. This is why you never see lynch diving head first into the backs of our line like Jackson does. Jackson had two big runs yesterday through two big holes. Lynch could have done the same or more with those holes, as he routinely does more with less

Lynch and Jackson are players and both showed up in the game. I think the OC and HC need to be more creative. The HC needs to have faith in his players. I was glad to see Trent left in the game but disappointed with many other game choices by the HC. Not establishing the the run to start a game is dumb. Who wrote that game plan?

The Oline looked pretty good against a bad Dline. Must of been like it is in practice.

I think we see Trent going through a phase, he can get by it. He is a good QB. I hate watching someone grow on the job but this season was set up just for that. I would expect he will improve, if I am wrong blame the coaches. That game against SD was too good. He can be a star, they just need to fix the fundementals that he is lacking on these last few weeks and work on his strengths. I really think he has shown more this season (esply early on) than Eli Manning did his first couple of years.

I really find our coaches (and the buck stops at DJs desk) lacking in a lot of areas.