Bills blew the 1st round of the draft....

SKOOBY

They're 7-3 and killed us, try again.

He doesn't need to try again, since on this point he is right and you are obviously wrong. The Cards are excellent this year because of their offense. As he pointed out, their pass defense actually got quite a bit worse this year from last, and that is where DRC plays.

And if you can only pick two players drafted after 11th that would have been better choices, Keller and DRC (though I definitely disagree with you about DRC), then that is a damn good draft. If we picked the third-best player left in the draft, and at a position at which we had a need, then that is an excellent draft.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there were no DL worth the 11th overall pick, and I didn't hear of the Bills getting any offers about a trade down. As for OL, again they were happy with their O-line (although they could have used a center, which again wasn't worth near the 11th overall pick) and weren't going to use a 1st rounder on one.

How about the two picked right after McKelvin? Clady has had a great rookie season with Denver and Albert has been good for KC. Both should be All-Pro type tackles for the next decade or so.

If you want to show your ignorance on the draft, just say something like "there was nobody worthy of being picked". That was the big excuse for picking Willis McGahee, yet as in all drafts it turns out that there were lots of better options that were taken later in that draft. For the past 15 years the Bills have been all about "flash" on draft day and the result is a completely lackluster product on the field.

The only way to prove that McKelvin was a bust is to go back and do the research. It would be tough to do though.

You would have to look at all the available players at #11 in the first round, list them all, and then compare their performances with McKelvin's performance to date.

I thought he was good pick. The light's come on for him recently in the secondary, and I don't think anyone can debate that he's an asset on special teams. The problem with picking DB's in the first round is that they generally take a long time to develop, and they're most definitely going to get burned by vetran WR's their first year or so. If their confidence survives the first year, they generally do OK.

The only real bust I see from this draft is Hardy. And even then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because he never had to adjust his routes in college. He just ran the route and they threw it up to him. That won't work in the NFL. So is he smart enough to do the pre-snap read, then adjust his route during the play? So far it doesn't look like it.