Jauron the Turtle

I like Dick Jauron and I think, at times, he's a fine coach. Unfortunately, when the going gets tough, Dick goes into his shell and plays conservative. This past week was a classic example.

- Where were the blitzes against a guy who has fewer starts the Trent? Did we blitz at all?

- Where was the innovative play calling? Running against an 8 man front isn't even playing "not to lose."

- Why is it that teams ALWAYS fiond a way to take away our best weapon, Lee Evans, but we never seem to find a way to exploit defensive weaknesses.

- We let a guy named BenJarvus Green-Somethingorother run for $1.05 . . . He's the 4th string back!! I somehow doubt we just witnessed the debut of the next Willie Parker . . .

Look at miami. IMHO, Miami have significantly less talent than the Bills, yet they're winning . . . Why? coaches take risks, blitz, fire up their players. The Phins are playing with emotion and as a result are a very physical team. I don't think any players in the NFL are quaking in their boots about a physical match-up against the Bills.

Take the Colts for example. Lots of injuries at key positions, especially the O-Line . . . they're 5-4 but look like a scrappy team. Do you think the Bills could hang with the Colts for 4 quarters? Or the Steelers Or the Titans? Or the Giants?

I can understand growing pains with Trent . . . it's to be expected, but the "small balls" defense and the lack of a mean, physical O-Line is really what's costing us these games. Sadly, I don't expect that attitude to change anytime soon . . .

I'm a fan. I bleed Bills Blue. I'll watch, I'll go, I'll cheer . . . But my patience is wearning thin . . . and I'm positive that I'm not alone . . .

I'm a fan. I bleed Bills Blue. I'll watch, I'll go, I'll cheer . . . But my patience is wearning thin . . . and I'm positive that I'm not alone . . .

You're not alone....

Though there are still some on this board who for some reason, despite statistics, history and general perception on the sidelines, still think Jauron is a good head coach. If anything, it's got me worried that the team got to 5-1 IN SPITE of Dick J's mellow-yellow Small-ball game-planning. It's like the first 6 weeks, Dick Jauron let his coaches actually call the shots which could explain why we were winning and maybe he's taken over control on the sidelines. Because this team is playing eerily reminiscent of itself last year.

Do you think the Bills could hang with the Colts for 4 quarters?

Or the Steelers

Or the Titans?

Or the Giants?

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

We would get absolutely shredded vs. the Steelers, Titans or Giants. Can you say 'beaten to a bloody pulp'?

We would get beaten by Indy but instead of a shredding it would be more like carved up.

Nope

Nope

Nope

Nope

We would get absolutely shredded vs. the Steelers, Titans or Giants. Can you say 'beaten to a bloody pulp'?

We would get beaten by Indy but instead of a shredding it would be more like carved up.

And ol' Dicky Boy would be at his press conference talking about how "we just didn't execute today. Or last week. Or the week before. But I've got to find a way to get this team winning again...."

And ol' Dicky Boy would be at his press conference talking about how "we just didn't execute today. Or last week. Or the week before. But I've got to find a way to get this team winning again...."

From the Sporting News article linked in another thread...

TE: "What our head coach says is that we've got to go back to work, and that's what we're going to do."

That should fix everything.

I asked this question several weeks ago but I no one responded...threads about Jauron usually point out that the players like him. While that may give everyone warm fuzzies the real question is "do the players respect Jauron and does he have command of the team?" Is anyone on that team even the least bit scared of Jauron?

Everything you need to know about Jauron is illustrated by one decision. Bills offense has no problem moving the ball downfield vs Jets. Bills get ball on the 27, 19 seconds to go, Jauron elects to kneel.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a play it safe, protect your QB type of play ....

... if you had an infinite number of plays in game that eventually percentages will be with you.

From the Sporting News article linked in another thread...

TE: "What our head coach says is that we've got to go back to work, and that's what we're going to do."

That should fix everything.

Like I've said before...Jauron can develop the hardest working bunch of losers with the best of em.' :lol:

Everything you need to know about Jauron is illustrated by one decision. Bills offense has no problem moving the ball downfield vs Jets. Bills get ball on the 27, 19 seconds to go, Jauron elects to kneel.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a play it safe, protect your QB type of play ....

... if you had an infinite number of plays in game that eventually percentages will be with you.

The Jets defense didn't have much problem moving the ball downfield for 94 yard touchdowns against Trent's arm either.

The Jets defense didn't have much problem moving the ball downfield for 94 yard touchdowns against Trent's arm either.

Even more of a reason to try to score on every possession you can, especially since the 80-yd stat padding, defense exhausting, zero time consuming TD bombs are out of the repertoire.

Nobody on this team seems to have any passion, and maybe that trickles down from the head coach. He's a stoic on the sidelines. Somebody needs to jack somebody. Remember Whitner knocking that Raider on his way to the endzone? That worked.

Ko Simpson looked like he was ready to clock somebody.

I don't get the offensive line, they can't pancake, they can't open a hole. Peters looks like one of those inflatable punching bags out there, rocking to and fro while guys juke him and take the inside. Dockery is worth the minimum, certainly not 49 million.

I think the Patriots beat the Bills because they were at home, they have a great defense, and they had the help of the refs. They only got 20 points, it's not like last year where they had, what 50?

Edwards needs to take what the defense will give. 5 yard passes, yards after catch. Set them up, then work the seams. His deep throws sucked the other day. he looked like Todd Collins. He ain't been right since the Arizona game. He's got happy feet.

The punt from the 39 reminded me of GW's gutless call v. he Pats in 2002, punting from the 31 at home on 4th and 2. 12 yard punt clinched the game emotionally and physically for the Pats.

Finally, we need a pass rush. Remember the Seattle game? They had linebackers shooting the gaps....the QB had no idea who was coming in. Mitchell, Poz, they took turns harassing the guy. He didn't have time to wind his watch. They were agressive. Where did that go?

I swear if I have to listen to that crap again I will crash the next press conference and tackle his ass.

Look at miami. IMHO, Miami have significantly less talent than the Bills, yet they're winning . . . Why? coaches take risks, blitz, fire up their players. The Phins are playing with emotion and as a result are a very physical team. I don't think any players in the NFL are quaking in their boots about a physical match-up against the Bills.

I REALLY agree with this point...You can tell in Miami's swaggar that dispite the fact that they are out-talented on most Sundays they just know beyond a shadow of a doubt that their Coaches will put them in the position to Win these Games with Play Calling that is innovative...This in turn makes them Play with a ton of effort and emotion...That's what good Coaching does! Miami is going out there with the intent of being physical...The Wildcat formation screams to opposing Defenses "We are going to Run right at You and lets see if You can stop this..." And still, all these weeks later, they bust HUGE Runs...If You look at Miami's Run Stats overall they are not THAT much better than The Bills...BUT...They have busted HUGE Running Plays (and a few Passing Plays too...) in almost every Game...Translated that means they are catching Defenses with well thought out, well executed Plays...The Players believe...They stick with it...In turn that Miami Team...that same Miami Team that is woefully lacking in talent is 8th in The NFL and 3rd in The AFC in Total Offense...

The Bills Coaching staff could learn a thing or two from their counterparts in Miami...That Dolphins Team takes the Field with the attitude that they are going to Win dispite all odds...And if they fall a bit short, the next Week they are right back again thinking they will Win...They believe because their Coaching Staff has proven they have answers and that they can adjust during The Game...They know the Coaches will find something to exploit the weakness of their opponents...And they Play like they know it on every Down...

It makes Me sick when I see that stuff going on in Miami knowing My Bills will come out looking like they lack a freaking pulse...That's "Dead Dick" ball at it's best...Freaking corpse... :lol: