A big deal about missing explosives

And breaking on Drudge (no link yet):

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crises mode...

CBSNEWS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

Why doesn't the FCC shut them down right now?

CBS is the PR department of the DNC..

At least NBC had the balls to tell the truth.

Are you calling NBC liars as well. They have had the most slanted view of GWB when compared to the other two network media sources. They simply are telling the truth this time, and you try to make drudge out to be some liar.

Hmm, you are stuck with this one dear........and so is kerry, but after all that is what you get for running yur campiagn on the daily news cycle.

86138[/snapback]

I have to hand it to you, Rich, you may have just uncovered the most amazing coincidence of all-time. NBC has "the most slanted view of GWB when compared to the other two networks" (read: because they don't promote your fair and balanced view), but the ONE time that they do present your fair and balanced view, "they are simply telling the truth this time." That is remarkable! What are the chances that the one time they did present your view was the one time they are telling the truth? I am just amazed. Well, there you go, the truth is stranger than fiction once more.

I have to hand it to you, Rich, you may have just uncovered the most amazing coincidence of all-time. NBC has "the most slanted view of GWB when compared to the other two networks" (read: because they don't promote your fair and balanced view), but the ONE time that they do present your fair and balanced view, "they are simply telling the truth this time." That is remarkable! What are the chances that the one time they did present your view was the one time they are telling the truth? I am just amazed. Well, there you go, the truth is stranger than fiction once more.

86160[/snapback]

Kinda makes your head spin, doesn't it?

It doesn't take much more than a couple of cans of hairspray to take down an airplane.

This is just the latest episode of media sensationalism from the people who gave you Jessica Lynch.  I expect them to come back in a month and say "whoops, we've had control of it the whole time.  It was in Private Snuffy's 5 ton.  We just forgot where it was parked." Or something similiar.

Welcome to our government.  Still introducing the left hand to the right hand on a daily basis.  Add in our very competent media and this is what you get...

86093[/snapback]

Actually last I checked, an airplane can be taken down with a box cutter.

And breaking on Drudge (no link yet):

News of missing explosives in Iraq -- first reported in April 2003 -- was being resurrected for a 60 MINUTES election eve broadcast designed to knock the Bush administration into a crises mode...

CBSNEWS PLANNED BUSH MISSING EXPLOSIVES STORY FOR ELECTION EVE

Why doesn't the FCC  shut them down right now?

CBS is the PR department of the DNC..

At least NBC had the balls to tell the truth.

86159[/snapback]

I guess this just goes to show that CBS and the likes of them have not learned their lesson. But then again thats what happens when there is no punishment.

Look, if your child picked up their plate of food at the dinner table and threw it across the room, there would be some level of punishment. Then you could pretty much be confident that there would be no more plate throwing. However, CBS has faced NO penalty whatsoever for doing what they did, and they were planning on doing it again one day before the elcetion. Of course they know that nothing would be done until after johnny boy won, and regardless of who coordinated what with lockhart....the damage and the effect that they were looking for would be done.

StoryGood old Drudge.

If you read this story or any other from a real press source, you will see that the material was guarded UNTIL we invaded.  And then, yup, those guarding bailed the hell out, which is was Rummy and the gang advised people to do.

The US apparently had to plan to secure the site.

Nice try though.

To this day apparently it is STILL not guarded and reports are that it's still being looted, although I can't imagine what it still left there.

Really, really nice try.

85671[/snapback]

um, just some food for thought dear....NBC evening news ran this as the lead stroy on last nights newscast. Essentially busting the NYT's balls, and forcing CBS to spend the rest of this week looking for another substitute false story to run on the sunday before elcetion day.

By the way...it was the Drudge report who got it right first...AGAIN. where do you go from here with your rhetoric?

um, just some food for thought dear....NBC evening news ran this as the lead stroy on last nights newscast. Essentially busting the NYT's balls, and forcing CBS to spend the rest of this week looking for another substitute false story to run on the sunday before elcetion day.

By the way...it was the Drudge report who got it right first...AGAIN. where do you go from here with your rhetoric?

86247[/snapback]

The only facts that have come to light in this story, it seems, is that there were 380 tons of explosives guarded by the UN. They had to leave because of the US invasion. "Within weeks of the invasion, international weapons inspectors told Washington that the explosives depot was in danger and that terrorists could help themselves "to the greatest explosives bonanza in history." The US didnt secure the site while the UN was gone as they were warned, and the explosives are gone. That to me looks like negligence. What part of that will you attempt to refute? The NBC story doesnt absolve the US of responsibility nor does it prove what Kerry said wrong whatsoever.

The only facts that have come to light in this story, it seems, is that there were 380 tons of explosives guarded by the UN. They had to leave because of the US invasion. "Within weeks of the invasion, international weapons inspectors told Washington that the explosives depot was in danger and that terrorists could help themselves "to the greatest explosives bonanza in history." The US didnt secure the site while the UN was gone as they were warned, and the explosives are gone. That to me looks like negligence. What part of that will you attempt to refute? The NBC story doesnt absolve the US of responsibility nor does it prove what Kerry said wrong whatsoever.

86272[/snapback]

First of all let me start by saying: Guarded by the UN? really? look the Un people that were there were inspectors...not guards.

Next, please explain to me how we were supposed to guard this site between the time that the UN Inspectors left, and the time that we got there to the site one day after bagdad fell?????? Please explain this to me........I am waiting..............

86247[/snapback]

Hold on there a minute Hoss as usual this is not over yet.Jerusalem Post Thingy

I think maybe everybody should back off a little and give this time to develope. It is strange that Condi just found out about this a week ago or so.

I think maybe everybody should back off a little and give this time to develope. It is strange that Condi just found out about this a week ago or so.

86297[/snapback]

That's the spirit. I remember when Jessica Lynch was a hero who saved her squad from certain death. Thanks "journalists".

86297[/snapback]

first the link that you put up does not work.

next, the story is already DEAD. NBC killed it. yesterday it was the end of GWB's campiagn...today it is OLD news........where are the appologies from the kerry campiagn??? did they not call the president to task on this point...and now they find out that it is total crap and they have NOTHING to say.

I challenge you to go find this story today...it is dead, dead, dead.

And of course CBS now has to find another fact based story to run in prime time on the sunday before the election. If they are not exposed for the buttmonkeys that they are, i don't know wat it will take.

First of all let me start by saying: Guarded by the UN? really? look the Un people that were there were inspectors...not guards.

Next, please explain to me how we were supposed to guard this site between the time that the UN Inspectors left, and the time that we got there to the site one day after bagdad fell?????? Please explain this to me........I am waiting..............

86289[/snapback]

There is no need to give an example of how, the negligence in inherent in the fact that the site was extremely dangerous before we invaded and we knew all about it, it was secure, it would still have been secure had we not taken the action we did unprovoked, we made it totally unsecure by the action we took unprovoked, the explosives were or were not there (that has yet to be determined and proven) by the time we got to Baghdad, and now they are not only unsecure but they are lost. That is 100% our fault and negligence.

terrorists could help themselves "to the greatest explosives bonanza in history."

Yet, iraq posed no threat of terrorism, and did not have weapons of mass destruction (whatever 380 tons of highly dangerous explosives is...), and sadam did not need to be taken out of power. It was the wrong war at the wrong time. We should have let sadam have those 380 tons of weapons at his disposal. You guys are amazing.

There is no need to give an example of how, the negligence in inherent in the fact that the site was extremely dangerous before we invaded and we knew all about it, it was secure, it would still have been secure had we not taken the action we did unprovoked, we made it totally unsecure by the action we took unprovoked, the explosives were or were not there (that has yet to be determined and proven) by the time we got to Baghdad, and now they are not only unsecure but they are lost. That is 100% our fault and negligence.

86312[/snapback]

well you got me there.

You know if the sun would not have come up this morning....it would still be night.

first the link that you put up does not work.

next, the story is already DEAD. NBC killed it. yesterday it was the end of GWB's campiagn...today it is OLD news........where are the appologies from the kerry campiagn??? did they not call the president to task on this point...and now they find out that it is total crap and they have NOTHING to say.

I challenge you to go find this story today...it is dead, dead, dead.

And of course CBS now has to find another fact based story to run in prime time on  the sunday before the election. If they are not exposed for the buttmonkeys that they are, i don't know wat it will take.

86311[/snapback]

I don't know why it doesn't go straight to the story but if you go to their homepage scroll down to world and click on "more" it's right there for you to see clear as day.

Second, that is in todays JP.

Third, it mentions the CBS story and the embedded reporter who didn't see anything, but they were looking for WMD's and moved quickly through the sight. By the time they came back the place had been looted.

Fourth, a Pentagon source is where that last bit came from.

Fifth, why the hell am I even responding to you, I know better!!!