What happened to Turk?

ShipUPride

Seriously?

The guy talks all season about being the antithesis of Fairchild.

He comes out in the first week and throws the long ball, establishes the run with runs off tackle and to the edge.

Then... he seemed to forget everything.

I honestly don't see any difference in the playcalling yesterday than in any game Fairchild called.

So is it the OC... or does Jauron have a say in how the offense is called?

Seriously?

He comes out in the first week and throws the long ball, establishes the run with runs off tackle and to the edge.

I honestly don't see any difference in the playcalling yesterday than in any game Fairchild called.

Honestly...I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. At the beginning of the season, Turk was a "fresh of breath air" (Royal joke) and the offense honestly seemed to open up. Now, it's back to small ball. Dink and dunk. Play not to lose.

I recall that Fairchild was also the same way two seasons ago...then last season he stunk it up something fierce. Maybe Dick does have too much a say in the offensive scheme. It just doesn't make sense....

Honestly...I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. At the beginning of the season, Turk was a "fresh of breath air" (Royal joke) and the offense honestly seemed to open up. Now, it's back to small ball. Dink and dunk. Play not to lose.

I recall that Fairchild was also the same way two seasons ago...then last season he stunk it up something fierce. Maybe Dick does have too much a say in the offensive scheme. It just doesn't make sense....

Funny (not in a 'ha ha' sort of way) that I was thinking the same way. Fairchild looked to be a good game planner in 2006 but went brain-dead last year. Why are we suffering through this deja vu ????

I can't blame Fairchild. Teams now see the personnel weakness. In the last 4 games, I don't recall more than 3 blitzes a game, and yet teams still get pressure. Combine that with the Bills inability to run at all and WTF is Turk supposed to do.

Facing 3 and 4 man rushes, the team can't run or protect the QB. What play is he supposed to call to beat that?

I mean: the other teams aren't even scheming anymore because the line is so horrendous. Edwards drops back and sees his 3 WRs covered by 7-8 guys...and has about 2.5 seconds to throw. Good luck.

How bout a a playaction pass once every other game???

I dont know what we expected when we made this guy the OC, he was UNDER fairchild last couple years meaning he looked up to him! thats sad to say but we have had the worst offensive coaching in the league for some time now. if only mike mularkly would have stopped sucking a few years earlier...... but Turd shonert really needs to go, hes a backup QB reliving his days of never playing by calling an all pass attack like the bengals used to have back when Esiason was qb and he was watching then too. hmmm how did the Bengals do back then, they won a bunch of rings right? o wait.....

I dont know what we expected when we made this guy the OC, he was UNDER fairchild last couple years meaning he looked up to him! thats sad to say but we have had the worst offensive coaching in the league for some time now. if only mike mularkly would have stopped sucking a few years earlier...... but Turd shonert really needs to go, hes a backup QB reliving his days of never playing by calling an all pass attack like the bengals used to have back when Esiason was qb and he was watching then too. hmmm how did the Bengals do back then, they won a bunch of rings right? o wait.....

I have to disagree with you that Turk needs to go. In this the third season of the Jauron era, we are seeing some recurring patterns:

- Offense appears to take off and be creative but suddenly regresses.

- Injuries happen often, to many personnel and are quite serious.

- The QB appears to be developing nicely then starts a downward slide.

- Changes are made to the OL and DL but they happen too late in the season to make a difference (isn't that what an off-season and pre-season games are for ?)

We are re-gurgitating the same damn excuses from last year. 'Not enough talent', 'too many key injuries', 'QB is bad', 'OC is bad'.

In the off-season, I had expressed skepticism that our O will be much better than last year. My doubts were from seeing that the only changes were one rookie wideout, a new OC and an off-season of maturity for Lynch & Edwards. The early games were surprisingly good and I thought I was pre-maturely pessimistic. But, alas, we seem to have regressed to the same point as last year. Something else is wrong and I can only point the finger at Jauron and our strength & conditioning coach.

I have to disagree with you that Turk needs to go. In this the third season of the Jauron era, we are seeing some recurring patterns:

- Offense appears to take off and be creative but suddenly regresses.

- Injuries happen often, to many personnel and are quite serious.

- The QB appears to be developing nicely then starts a downward slide.

- Changes are made to the OL and DL but they happen too late in the season to make a difference (isn't that what an off-season and pre-season games are for ?)

We are re-gurgitating the same damn excuses from last year. 'Not enough talent', 'too many key injuries', 'QB is bad', 'OC is bad'.

In the off-season, I had expressed skepticism that our O will be much better than last year. My doubts were from seeing that the only changes were one rookie wideout, a new OC and an off-season of maturity for Lynch & Edwards. The early games were surprisingly good and I thought I was pre-maturely pessimistic. But, alas, we seem to have regressed to the same point as last year. Something else is wrong and I can only point the finger at Jauron and our strength & conditioning coach.

it is Jauron, but u dont think the OC is to blame? is it good to pass out of the shotgun with no running back in the backfield on 3rd and 1? ya blame the strength and conditioning coach.. and the guy that sells beer in section 308 and some of the cheerleaders i think have been a real drag on the offense too.... get real dude

agreed. as the weeks go on the playcalling is looking more and more predictable and, like Fairchild, we seem unwilling to make changes, audible, or commit to the run. I was especially irritated about how obvious it was when we were either running or passing. When we run the Pats have 8 guys in the box, and when we pass they either have two safeties deep or bring a blitz. First, why not run out of the spread more and pass out of the bunch more as well as use the draw and play action like every good offense does? Second, why can't we audible out of a run when there are 8 guys in the box? even in Madden do you run into the teeth of a defense you know is stacked against you or do you audible out and make them adjust? This is the 3rd straight year of this kind of garbage.

Trent is a smart guy, so as of now I'm either guessing Turk doesn't let him audible, or the receivers are too inexperienced to trust that they won't run the wrong route or line up wrong and cause a penalty or turnover. If Turk doesn't straighten it out he'll be out of here. We should probably be running a WCO anyways with the guys we have, so bring in some Seattle or Philly assistant who's been around successful offenses.

Seriously?

My money is on Jauron taking control of the playcalling or at least telling Turk to change his philosophy when choosing plays.