Losman should be our starting QB

1billsfan

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeez was I right. :wallbash:

When I started this post last week it was to try to put the possibility of Losman starting on the table because we needed to try something to save this season. I can tell you now that I didn't even believe 100% in what I wrote. I felt that Trent, like his head coach, needed a swift kick in the pants and a reminder that this job is not yours forever.

The sad thing is that if Jauron had started JP Losman (yes it was a pipe dream), the Bills would have blown out the Browns last night. They'd be 6-4 and the season would still have a pulse. I just can't believe that game. What did the Buffalo Bills ever do to the football gods to deserve this?

I can now say with 100% conviction that Losman should be starting next week. Trent is literally a quivering ball of fear in the pocket and Jauron has no business even thinking about starting Trent the rest of the season.

I agree...JP should get a shot to revive the season, which is otherwise down the drain. Although he will be gone next year...(Trent is Ralph's guy) JP might win a couple , and can't be as brain damaged as Edwards is right now. And JP's arm will allow opening up downfield occasionally....Yes, Trent can go 30 yard downfield....but JP can go 50plus. And, if JP can't get the season revived, then lets see if Hamden can play. We need to see the relief pitching in the game now. JP earns 1.9, and kept because they need a backup....well, now is the time if there ever will be one.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losman wins games??? :wallbash:

Face it, Edwards has sucked but still needs a season to see how much he fully sucks. Losman has had 3 seasons of sucking. He sucks, plain and simple, no matter how many excuses his fans have for him.

We won 5 games in 2005 and 7 wins 2007 with him starting the whole season.2 games improvement.Year 2008 with Losman playing the good teams and Edwards playing bad"according to winning percentage of opp." we won 7 games.No improvement in wins.This year with an easier schedule,we will be lucky to win as many games as last year.You guys put down Losman but look at his production from 2005 to 2006,He showed improvement in every category like T.D.s ,com. pct .,yards and also wins. I don't know about you but that shows me he was getting better.Look at Edwards first year as a starter and his second year as a starter.Is he getting better?Losman was benched in 2007 after two games that we lost that were considered good teams.And he was 26 years old.Edwards has how many bad games and not showing any improvement,he is only a year younger than Losman was when he lost his job.

Since when does losman win games?

Get this straight...as soon as the season is over the Bills will gladly give Losman the boot.

Is it not obvious to you by now that they do not want Losman on the field?

The coaches should have been able to quickly realize last night that after the 3 picks, Edwards was playing scared. He basically threw it to Lynch for the rest of the game. They should have realized that his lack of confidence was holding back the team. You have a guy on the bench who plays with a lot of confidence in a game where it's do or die to keep pace in the division. Problem is, this head coach doesn't mind an overly cautious jittery QB who wants to make the safest play on every snap. Keeps this coach in the comfort zone too.

What JP may have done last night was get the Bills in the end zone once more in the second half which would have won them the game. Trent was not playing in a fashion to do that. Only a superhuman effort by Lynch and McKelvin kept it close. Just a bit more from the QB would have made a difference and instead of sitting Trent down and coaching him through the bad stuff this week at 6-4, they're doing it at 5-5. Sure, no guarantee that JP would have won it but when Jaworski can sit in the booth and comment on multiple plays that Edwards is missing open receivers and not even looking at them, you have to assume the coaches know that too. They chose to do nothing. The Bills lost. Edwards was not playing winning football last night. Evans leaving the locker room abruptly says it all.

The coaches should have been able to quickly realize last night that after the 3 picks, Edwards was playing scared. He basically threw it to Lynch for the rest of the game. They should have realized that his lack of confidence was holding back the team. You have a guy on the bench who plays with a lot of confidence in a game where it's do or die to keep pace in the division. Problem is, this head coach doesn't mind an overly cautious jittery QB who wants to make the safest play on every snap. Keeps this coach in the comfort zone too.

What JP may have done last night was get the Bills in the end zone once more in the second half which would have won them the game. Trent was not playing in a fashion to do that. Only a superhuman effort by Lynch and McKelvin kept it close. Just a bit more from the QB would have made a difference and instead of sitting Trent down and coaching him through the bad stuff this week at 6-4, they're doing it at 5-5. Sure, no guarantee that JP would have won it but when Jaworski can sit in the booth and comment on multiple plays that Edwards is missing open receivers and not even looking at them, you have to assume the coaches know that too. They chose to do nothing. The Bills lost. Edwards was not playing winning football last night. Evans leaving the locker room abruptly says it all.

I think our third string QB could've done better.Its going to be a long season.