PLEASE...No more FA offensive linemen next year

LabattBlue

That would be the first response (the whole "we suck @ player evaluations" thingy), but then again there are examples of guys who leave the Bills and go on to become productive players. Glenn Parker, the "fat bag of puss" that Chuck Dickerson always used to whine 'bout, went on to be a productive starter for the Giants and the Chiefs after getting jettisoned by the Bills.

Oh, maybe it's just bad coaching? Well, we remember how terrible Kevin Gilbride was for us as the offensive coordinator. The guy sucked. He was awful and had no business being an NFL employee. Yeah, tell that to the Giants.

I don't know what the problem is, but I know there's been one constant in terms of this period of losing. Maybe that one constant knows what the problem is and can fix it.

That would be the first response (the whole "we suck @ player evaluations" thingy), but then again there are examples of guys who leave the Bills and go on to become productive players. Glenn Parker, the "fat bag of puss" that Chuck Dickerson always used to whine 'bout, went on to be a productive starter for the Giants and the Chiefs after getting jettisoned by the Bills.

Oh, maybe it's just bad coaching? Well, we remember how terrible Kevin Gilbride was for us as the offensive coordinator. The guy sucked. He was awful and had no business being an NFL employee. Yeah, tell that to the Giants.

I don't know what the problem is, but I know there's been one constant in terms of this period of losing. Maybe that one constant knows what the problem is and can fix it.

I'll tell You what...The Bills Coaches could learn a thing or two about Running the Football from The Giants...the way they Block and set up the holes both inside and outside is a thing of beauty...It's not like Jacobs is a speed burner but He's still busting HUGE runs on the perimeter against FAST Defenses...

So I ask this question...Name one of the Giants starting O-Linemen? Anyone? That's what I thought... :thumbsup:

I'll tell You what...The Bills Coaches could learn a thing or two about Running the Football from The Giants...the way they Block and set up the holes both inside and outside is a thing of beauty...It's not like Jacobs is a speed burner but He's still busting HUGE runs on the perimeter against FAST Defenses...

So I ask this question...Name one of the Giants starting O-Linemen? Anyone? That's what I thought... :thumbsup:

Chris Snee

I think the point KOKBills was trying to get 'cross is that the Giants are playing very well w/out a star studded O line. Aside from Snee, who is one of the best guards in the entire league, most of their guys are not very heralded.

I know the point he was making. :thumbsup:

Actually, football people do praise the Giants OL. They were greatly lauded after the Super Bowl last year. But, talking about OL play isn't "sexy" and isn't done that much anywhere. The Giants coaching staff has put together a great OL, a unit that blocks and doesn't just "tip the scales".

I know the point he was making. :beer:

Actually, football people do praise the Giants OL. They were greatly lauded after the Super Bowl last year. But, talking about OL play isn't "sexy" and isn't done that much anywhere. The Giants coaching staff has put together a great OL, a unit that that blocks and doesn't just "tip the scales".

That's pretty much what I was trying to say...And I know we know some of those Players on The Giants O-Line...I was just trying to make the point that a great O-Line certainly does not have to be a bunch of stars and Pro-Bowlers...They do have to Block with an attitude and a belief that they will beat the living hell out of the Guy across from them...that's all...

Our O-Line is a complete joke...that's all I'm saying... :thumbsup:

That's pretty much what I was trying to say...And I know we know some of those Players on The Giants O-Line...I was just trying to make the point that a great O-Line certainly does not have to be a bunch of stars and Pro-Bowlers...They do have to Block with an attitude and a belief that they will beat the living hell out of the Guy across from them...that's all...

Our O-Line is a complete joke...that's all I'm saying... :thumbsup:

Giants OL is to 3lb hammer as Bills OL is to feather pillow.

Did you see the play where Jacobs lost the ball just after crossing the goal-line? The Giants interior line absolutely caved in the Eagles defensive line (which doesn't suck, by the way) on a play from the 2 yard line when the Eagles knew the Giants would run it up the gut. Awesome. That is how you win a football game. It is also something we will never, ever see the Bills do, at least until they stop using all their top picks to draft "skill position" players.