Sad but I Don't Care Any Longer

Merc

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've always been curious as to the point of these threads. do you want us to sympathize with you and give you a pat on the back? noone gives a sh--, this post can be summed up by the first word in the topic, SAD.

I don't understand why the hell people jump all over people who want to vent. This team and especially coach sucks and he has had enough. Let him vent if he wants to and don't worry about it. This team is beyond dissapointment and it takes quite a toll on people who emotionally invest their time week after week and year after year.

Ordered a beer and a cheeseburger and settled in to watch the Bills at my local backers bar. By halfway through the first quarter I knew it was over. End of the 1st and no burger! WTF. 2nd quarter is worse than anything I can conceive of but finally the burger arrives and I eat, finish the beer, pay my tab and head home. Did I miss something? Nah. There is nothing to miss with what has become the 2008 Bills.

I have sat through every single Bills game the last few years but this season is different. I knew today, after just a couple of plays, that nothing good was to be seen in this game, just like I knew the Jets game was a washout. I also know that this season is over and done. We look worse week to week and the problems are to numerous to mention. The coaches have no answers and the players are in a daze. I can't even get mad any longer because this has been going on for years. We have gone from 5-1 to probably not breaking .500.

I have quit caring this year. Sorry Bills but I won't be wasting my Sundays watching this garbage product any longer this season. Hell, I feel like an idiot sitting there watching this tragicomedy every week, year in and year out.

The insidious thing about this disease (being a fan of the Bills) is that you can't get away from it. I have felt like you, momentarily, many times over the years because you just get tired of having your hopes dashed - it is emotionally draining. However, I guarantee that you'll be back in that bar ordering that hamburger and beer really soon - you just can't get away from it.

don_of_manhattan

Certainly the above is a rhetorical question, but I will answer anyway.

Miami hired Bill Parcells, a proven winner. He came to town with a staff, and a program that people will buy into.

Ralph hired Jauron, a proven, long term loser, who no one else wanted. He came with a shaky at best staff, and a philosphy which doesn't lend itself towards winning.

Jauron has a philosophy??? i think he just coaches willy-nilly challenging sure catches and letting out of bound ones go.... passing from the shotgun 90% of the time even on 3rd and 1, giving your star running back about 10 carries a game.... ya know, who knows how all those pesky good teams win?? Jauron and Turd Shonert need to take a very long walk off an extremely short pier

I don't understand why the hell people jump all over people who want to vent. This team and especially coach sucks and he has had enough. Let him vent if he wants to and don't worry about it. This team is beyond dissapointment and it takes quite a toll on people who emotionally invest their time week after week and year after year.

its true, being a bills fan just doesnt make sense. i think we only support the bills because someone has to and we live close enough so we do. the bills are like the screw ups in life that cant help being a screw up... like drug addicts, criminals, just losers in general. the bills are like that crack head you have in your family... you love him, and support him, and at times he even looks like hes trying to get his act together BUT................. you know if you leave him alone hes gonna sell all your sh--. thats the bills! ya cant help it but ya stick with him even tho you probably shouldnt

Yeah. It's a hard thing to take when you feel like you are getting kicked in the nads every Sunday for supporting a repeatedly self-destructive team.

hey Merc, I know how you feel...you and i will probably both be watching next monday but it will be easy to flick it off and go to bed with another listless performance. another year, another bunch of gutless pussies masquerading as lineman disgracing our uniform. it gets REALLY EFFING OLD.

i'm so sick of this organization from the top down it makes me downright hostile

I agree totally. I resisted myself throwing out a post like Marc's. Partly because I knew I would get the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" posts but also because I guess I talked myself out of venting out loud like that.

But the truth is, this weekend, sitting here in Atlanta like I have every Sunday for years with my Sunday ticket watching what have always been my beloved Bills...I just...didn't....care. I was sitting here sort of like the Bills were playing - lifeless, resigned to my fate that my team simply isn't good and isn't going to be good for yet another year.

I don't know what it really means, other than this team has reached a new low for me. Yes, I admit I'll be back in front of the TV next Monday, but I now question how much more of this I can take.

I guess I'm sort of incapable of understanding where you all are coming from because I'm only 19 and I haven't suffered through as much, but I have a question. Why now? This is far from the worst team that the Bills have put on the field. There are promising young stars. Our Pro Bowl caliber WR just got signed to a long deal and hopefully our QB is next. The team should by all accounts improve their record from last year and the playoffs are not even close to being out of reach. So why now? Why not when we were finishing 5-11 or 7-9 and clearly not even headed in the right direction? Anybody who looks up and down the Bills roster will tell you that the team should be a contender once the youngsters have a couple more years under their belts. To me, this is not a group of guys worth giving up on.

since 1999 we have gone through an endless cycle of sucking/sorta promising/sucking/sorta promising/sucking ....like a treadmill to NOWHERE. in my case, i go back to the early 70s and it is mind-boggling to me that in the era of free-agency THIS is the longest current string of suck i have ever witnessed. no playoffs since 99? ...with the unprecented ability to completely turn over a roster that exists today? that is a total disgrace. and there is no reason for it other than that we have a clueless owner and a zombie for a coach and a bunch of OVERPAID pansies on our o-line.

it's just a total cluster!@#$ and if you think this team is going to the playoffs please PM me for a great price on the peace bridge. this just another overhyped underinterested squad of losers like the last 7 batches that ralph has served up. the ingredients change but it is still the same schitty dish.

oh- and now the miami game is in toronto. another big middle finger to the fans. f the whole franchise.

rant over...i got work to do.

I guess I'm sort of incapable of understanding where you all are coming from because I'm only 19 and I haven't suffered through as much, but I have a question. Why now? This is far from the worst team that the Bills have put on the field. There are promising young stars. Our Pro Bowl caliber WR just got signed to a long deal and hopefully our QB is next. The team should by all accounts improve their record from last year and the playoffs are not even close to being out of reach. So why now? Why not when we were finishing 5-11 or 7-9 and clearly not even headed in the right direction? Anybody who looks up and down the Bills roster will tell you that the team should be a contender once the youngsters have a couple more years under their belts. To me, this is not a group of guys worth giving up on.

This team is in serious trouble. Teams are built with QBs, and O and D lines. The QB part is giving us some doubt now...and the O and D lines are a mess.--Thats what is so annoying to people. We need pro bowl caliber players in the trenches.

Certainly the above is a rhetorical question, but I will answer anyway.

Miami hired Bill Parcells, a proven winner. He came to town with a staff, and a program that people will buy into.

Ralph hired Jauron, a proven, long term loser, who no one else wanted. He came with a shaky at best staff, and a philosphy which doesn't lend itself towards winning.

Amazingly simple is it not? :wallbash:

This past week was actually the first time in years I left the game in the living room and started WORKING from my computer in the dining room with the game in the background. And the only thing I missed was that awesome onsides kick we, oh wait... We never recovered that, game over.

I too knew we were cooked 1 Qtr. But hey we got Cleveland coming up on MNF! :wallbash:

I watched a 1-15 team from last year kick our butts. I watched the hapless Jets manhandle us as if we were helpless and I watched the hated Patriots hammer the piss out of us again. Maybe next year. I never said I was leaving. Never. I can't leave the Bills and go to another team any more than I can change citizenship. That doesn't mean that they have my undivided attention for the rest of this season.

This is like an abusive relationship. They kick your face in and you come crawling back. You know what, it is not going to change. At least not this season. Maybe next but my attention is drifting. I am starting to like College Ball. Penn State, Texas Tech. HS that is fun to watch.

ten years of this and we still billieve. Dopie. I feel like an idiot, again.

the All Blacks just kicked Scotland's A.SS 32-6...finally got to watch it last night...cute wife cozied up under one arm, cold beer in the other...toasty fire cooking in the fireplace...no stress, good times. not one iota of shame or humiliation watching overpaid losers get pushed around.

its true, being a bills fan just doesnt make sense. i think we only support the bills because someone has to and we live close enough so we do. the bills are like the screw ups in life that cant help being a screw up... like drug addicts, criminals, just losers in general. the bills are like that crack head you have in your family... you love him, and support him, and at times he even looks like hes trying to get his act together BUT................. you know if you leave him alone hes gonna sell all your sh--. thats the bills! ya cant help it but ya stick with him even tho you probably shouldnt

Best analogy ever.

Agreed, this franchise has added some premature gray hairs to my head and venting here and elsewhere is my therapy. It amazes me how many people like taking cheap shots at other people on the internet. Wondering if they have the stones to do that in the real world?

Ordered a beer and a cheeseburger and settled in to watch the Bills at my local backers bar. By halfway through the first quarter I knew it was over. End of the 1st and no burger! WTF. 2nd quarter is worse than anything I can conceive of but finally the burger arrives and I eat, finish the beer, pay my tab and head home. Did I miss something? Nah. There is nothing to miss with what has become the 2008 Bills.

I have sat through every single Bills game the last few years but this season is different. I knew today, after just a couple of plays, that nothing good was to be seen in this game, just like I knew the Jets game was a washout. I also know that this season is over and done. We look worse week to week and the problems are to numerous to mention. The coaches have no answers and the players are in a daze. I can't even get mad any longer because this has been going on for years. We have gone from 5-1 to probably not breaking .500.

I have quit caring this year. Sorry Bills but I won't be wasting my Sundays watching this garbage product any longer this season. Hell, I feel like an idiot sitting there watching this tragicomedy every week, year in and year out.

LOL

Just like everyone else BILLieving you'll be back next year with a can of lube ready to take it again.

The people that don't care any longer aren't too tremendously disappointed by this season because their expectations were low to begin with.

Otherwise, continued support for this nonsense and equally poor decisions will continue to be cheered right here assisting with this travesty that defines the Bills.