Sad but I Don't Care Any Longer

Merc

Ordered a beer and a cheeseburger and settled in to watch the Bills at my local backers bar. By halfway through the first quarter I knew it was over. End of the 1st and no burger! WTF. 2nd quarter is worse than anything I can conceive of but finally the burger arrives and I eat, finish the beer, pay my tab and head home. Did I miss something? Nah. There is nothing to miss with what has become the 2008 Bills.

I have sat through every single Bills game the last few years but this season is different. I knew today, after just a couple of plays, that nothing good was to be seen in this game, just like I knew the Jets game was a washout. I also know that this season is over and done. We look worse week to week and the problems are to numerous to mention. The coaches have no answers and the players are in a daze. I can't even get mad any longer because this has been going on for years. We have gone from 5-1 to probably not breaking .500.

I have quit caring this year. Sorry Bills but I won't be wasting my Sundays watching this garbage product any longer this season. Hell, I feel like an idiot sitting there watching this tragicomedy every week, year in and year out.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered a beer and a cheeseburger and settled in to watch the Bills at my local backers bar. By halfway through the first quarter I knew it was over. End of the 1st and no burger! WTF. 2nd quarter is worse than anything I can conceive of but finally the burger arrives and I eat, finish the beer, pay my tab and head home. Did I miss something? Nah. There is nothing to miss with what has become the 2008 Bills.

I have sat through every single Bills game the last few years but this season is different. I knew today, after just a couple of plays, that nothing good was to be seen in tthis game, just like I knew the Jets game was a washout. I also know that this season is over and done. We look worse week to week and the problems are to numerous to mention. The coaches have no answers and the players are in a daze. I can't even get mad any longer because this has been going on for years. We have gone from 5-1 to probably not breaking .500.

I have quit caring this year. Soory Bills but I won't be wasting my Sundays watching this garbage product any longer. Hell, I feel like an idiot sitting there watching this tragicomedy every week, year in and year out.

People who don't care about a team don't post on that team's fan message board.

Why do so many people who get frustrated do this whole "I don't even like them anymore" routine. I'll eat my hat if you aren't tuned into ESPN on Monday Night.

Can't leave after watching the Bills my whole life but I just don't care anymore this season. Not at all. They suck, they have sucked for 10 years and there is nothing hopeful that hey will be coming out of this in 2008. I canno be the only fan that feels like this. Miami went 1-15 last year but this year they came back and cleaned our clock. Now they have a much better shot of making the playoffs than us. Why? What is the F'ing problem? Why should I spend time and money watching this team? Who is the dope here, Ralph for fielding a perennial loser or the fans who continue to slavishly indulge in his product?

Miami went 1-15 last year but this year they came back and cleaned our clock. Now they have a much better shot of making the playoffs than us. Why? What is the F'ing problem?

Certainly the above is a rhetorical question, but I will answer anyway.

Miami hired Bill Parcells, a proven winner. He came to town with a staff, and a program that people will buy into.

Ralph hired Jauron, a proven, long term loser, who no one else wanted. He came with a shaky at best staff, and a philosphy which doesn't lend itself towards winning.

i've always been curious as to the point of these threads. do you want us to sympathize with you and give you a pat on the back? noone gives a sh--, this post can be summed up by the first word in the topic, SAD.

Venting is the purpose? Don't answer if you don't give a sh--.

Later, loser.

Please explain why I am a loser for getting fed up with this team after ten years of well below average football? Please feel free to illuminate us with your brilliance. In three weeks they went from best in the division to worst with a bullet. I'm a loser for not wanting to watch this? A decade of watching this garbage and I am a loser for questioning what I am doing?

i've always been curious as to the point of these threads. do you want us to sympathize with you and give you a pat on the back? noone gives a sh--, this post can be summed up by the first word in the topic, SAD.

Actually, I find these threads to be interesting and quite telling given that more and more of them are popping up. People are jumping ship because an old stupid owner is continuing to take our financial and emotional support and refuse to take the steps to give us a good product.

I'm not sure how old you are or how many years you've been a fan but if you're pushing 20+ years of following this team then the last decade and a half has been nothing but a regular punch in the face. Ralph laughs all the way to the bank.

And Dick Jauron will be with us for 3 more season, Ralph isn't going to fire him and pay him for nothing and Dick Jauron is too much of a "character" guy to abandon ship.

Please explain why I am a loser for getting fed up with this team after ten years of well below average football? Please feel free to illuminate us with your brilliance. In three weeks they went from best in the division to worst with a bullet. I'm a loser for not wanting to watch this? A decade of watching this garbage and I am a loser for questioning what I am doing?

Ok that is your choice. Everybody has the right to free will. But, hypothetically, if the Bills win the Superbowl this year and you celebrate it makes you a hypocrite. After all, you gave up on the season. Let's say we go 10-6. Two 10-6 teams have won the Superbowl in the past four years. Just sayin.

I still watch the Bills but I sure am getting a quick trigger finger with the remote.

That's how I would sum up my slowly degrading fanmanship (new word I guess)

During the Jets game last week I spent more time out of the room texting, returning occasionally to scream at the television and accurately predict what the offense was going to do next.

During the Pats game I spent more time here on TBD complaining than watching.

I'm sure I'll watch next Monday night since it'll be in HD but I'm sure I'll be questioning my stupid loyalty after that game too.

Actually, I find these threads to be interesting and quite telling given that more and more of them are popping up. People are jumping ship because an old stupid owner is continuing to take our financial and emotional support and refuse to take the steps to give us a good product.

I'm not sure how old you are or how many years you've been a fan but if you're pushing 20+ years of following this team then the last decade and a half has been nothing but a regular punch in the face. Ralph laughs all the way to the bank.

And Dick Jauron will be with us for 3 more season, Ralph isn't going to fire him and pay him for nothing and Dick Jauron is too much of a "character" guy to abandon ship.

49 years old and watching all my life. One thing I have learned in the last decade is don't expect a miracle comeback. Once these guys start down the hill they generally gain momentum, not brake, and it is pretty much over for that season. Start hoping for .500 as anything less will absolutely kill this franchise.