I thought at the very least, the Bills were going to have an exciting

LabattBlue

Except for a few glimpses during the Bledsloe era, this offense has SUCKED since Kelly retired. If nothing else, I thought the offense would at least bring some excitement back to Bills football in 2008.

I guess I was wrong.

We have the talent though. We have Evans. Lynch. Edwards. Jackson. We have it, we just don't use it correctly. We will though. Sooner or later we'll figure this out.

We have the talent though. We have Evans. Lynch. Edwards. Jackson. We have it, we just don't use it correctly. We will though. Sooner or later we'll figure this out.

Agreed. This isn't about the players. We have as much talent as any other team, we're just not using them correctly.

the regression of the O-line defies explanation, with the exception of the Peters missing camp theory.

the line is blown up on every play, trent is hit on every play, and our RBs get hit behind the line of scrimmage on every play. Until the line improves, expect more of the same.

Agreed. This isn't about the players. We have as much talent as any other team, we're just not using them correctly.

The problem is simple though. The defense has been staying on the field too long, and our offense is then forced to play catch up, and we can't establish a run, leading them to know exactly what we're doing. If we get a turnover, or the D steps up, notice how exciting our Offense has responded. We just go three and out and when that stops we'll be able to catch defenses off guard.

The problem is simple though. The defense has been staying on the field too long, and our offense is then forced to play catch up, and we can't establish a run, leading them to know exactly what we're doing. If we get a turnover, or the D steps up, notice how exciting our Offense has responded. We just go three and out and when that stops we'll be able to catch defenses off guard.

That's what's so frustrating. It's seems so simple to fix this thing but this coach is proving weekly that he's not capable of doing it. My God, this isn't rocket surgery.

That's what's so frustrating. It's seems so simple to fix this thing but this coach is proving weekly that he's not capable of doing it. My God, this isn't rocket surgery.

I don't blame our coach. We start losing every game and that doesn't help, and so that's my only knock on him, that he's not prepared. I don't really think it's as much his fault as it is Edwards not being experienced enough to take over the offense and start calling plays at the line.

From that ability he'll start to use his Stanford education and pick apart defenses with our ample talent.

It's the O-line and the D-line. No pass protection,no run blocking. No pass rush, cant stop the run. If Trent had the time today that Cassel had it would be a different story. If Lynch had the push up front it would be a different story. Unfortunately, the moral of the story is some things never change.

Why?

He has no idea, he's mindlessly following the guilt of being misunderstood, and so in an attempt to stand-out he's voicing his distaste for the Bills by selecting an extreme point of view. Or as other people would call it, he's dumb.

I don't blame our coach. We start losing every game and that doesn't help, and so that's my only knock on him, that he's not prepared. I don't really think it's as much his fault as it is Edwards not being experienced enough to take over the offense and start calling plays at the line.

From that ability he'll start to use his Stanford education and pick apart defenses with our ample talent.

Edwards shouldn't be relied on that much yet. We potentially have a stud running back but can't seem to get anything going in the running game. Why the hell do we try to run between the tackles so much? Why don't we run a toss sweep? Why not a screen? If we're all thinking this why isn't Coach Dick asking Turk to mix things up a bit. Our backs should touch the ball forty times a game.

He has no idea, he's mindlessly following the guilt of being misunderstood, and so in an attempt to stand-out he's voicing his distaste for the Bills by selecting an extreme point of view. Or as other people would call it, he's dumb.

Dumb? Don't think so! Maybe you are though!

Trent nor JP are the answer. As I said in a different thread if the Bills can get better at the QB position I think they will.

Edwards shouldn't be relied on that much yet. We potentially have a stud running back but can't seem to get anything going in the running game. Why the hell do we try to run between the tackles so much? Why don't we run a toss sweep? Why not a screen? If we're all thinking this why isn't Coach Dick asking Turk to mix things up a bit. Our backs should touch the ball forty times a game.

I agree, that's why I said that we'll struggle until he has enough experience to be at the helm.

This is the problem, IMO. Everyone knows Wilfork is great at stopping the run, 2nd only to his ability to put elbows into guys knees and heads. So, what do we do... continually run right at him. Same thing last week with the Jets NT. Then to top it off, they completely abandon the run and try to put the game on the shoulders of a 2nd year QB. Then they completely abandon any attempts at passes down the field, so the entire defense is within 20 yards of the LOS. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

It doesn't help that every week they've got a different starting line, of course.

It seems so simple, yet they're so unwilling to fix it.