Did Dick Challenge the Call?

Frez

Was it ever known if Dick threw the challenge flag on the play that was caught out of bounds by Welker I believe? I think the announcers said he threw the flag but the cameras never actually went to a red flag on the field.

What actually happened?

what about the onside kick that bounced off of bruschi's head? I'm really really close to being completely done with the NFL.

At that time I think we were out of time outs and therefore couldn't challenge the call.

Was it ever known if Dick threw the challenge flag on the play that was caught out of bounds by Welker I believe? I think the announcers said he threw the flag but the cameras never actually went to a red flag on the field.

What actually happened?

I mean, that's the problem. The announcers kind of intimated that he did but due to being up the Patriots a**es, they didn't show the outrage that they might have say if we were the Steelers and we were playing, say, the bengals.

Dick said he "dropped" the flag but failed to throw it. He said he needs to get down the sideline and throw it so that refs can see the flag. He is such a goofball. What a loser (literally).

He dropped the flag?

WTF is that?

It is the refs job to recognize that he threw the flag. If it was on the playing field, it is on the refs to recognize it.

Dick said he "dropped" the flag but failed to throw it. He said he needs to get down the sideline and throw it so that refs can see the flag. He is such a goofball. What a loser (literally).

FWIW: Officials burn Bills twice on opening drive

Also on the drive, Cassel found Wes Welker on a deep out pattern for a 21-yard gain to the Buffalo 17. But replays indicated Welker didn't have possession and failed to get both feet inbounds.

Bills coach Dick Jauron threw the challenge flag, and several assistants jumped up and down to get the officials' attention, but play wasn't halted. The Patriots got off another play to eliminate any possibility of a video review.

Two plays later, Cassel scrambled 13 yards for a touchdown.

what about the onside kick that bounced off of bruschi's head? I'm really really close to being completely done with the NFL.

Hey Corp, on that play it hit McIntyre's left fingers before it went 10 yards. You can see it from the endzone view of the play. Very slight, but it DID hit his fingers first before anything else.

Also, on a play like that, why not just blast it low at the other guys. They'd never be able to field it cleanly.

And the no challenge/challenge on the Welker out of bounds catch just started the whole day off wonderfully.

And that late hit call on Simpson against Moss. What a joke!

Come on, did anyone expect our team to beat the Patriots in New England?

LAST PLACE IN THE AFC EAST.

it was a half @ss attempt by Dick Jauron to get the red flag onto the field. When I say half @ss it was probably worse then that. Heeve that F'n thing! Hit the ref with it, hell have your QB throw it for you........

He dropped it like a B word drops her hanky hoping the good looking man will pick it up for her.Dick is such a B word he really needs to grow a set of balls,seriously

AND- the ref INITIALLY signaled for Buffalo ball. How is the play overturned WITHOUT review??

The announcers said it was confirmed by replay officals that it touched a Bill first, wasn't hard to tell, no need to hold up the game.

The announcers said it was confirmed by replay officals that it touched a Bill first, wasn't hard to tell, no need to hold up the game.

a penalty still should have been called. if anything otherwise happens, it looks fishy.

In the last two minutes, it must come from the booth.

You couldn't hear what the ref said, but there was one view, kind of from behind NE end, where I think what happened was they ruled a Bills' player first touched it, then it hit Ted B, bounced around and Bill's recovered. However the first touch was by a Bill's player less than 10 yards downfield, therefore illegal touch by Buffalo. On one of the replays it looked like a Buffalo player stuck his arm out, but you never say that angle again on the replay. My guess is that's what the refs stated happened.

At that time I think we were out of time outs and therefore couldn't challenge the call.

last 2 minutes it up to the booth, they looked at it and made the call, what's the problem?

How did they get the word down to Walt Coleman then? He never went to the booth and put on the headset. The broadcasters were told that it was reviewed to cover their asses.

last 2 minutes it up to the booth, they looked at it and made the call, what's the problem?

The booth never made the call, that's the problem. The booth tells the official whether they should look at it or not. They didn't want the ref to look at it, so it wasn't reviewed.

Which is lame. Regardless of what happened, when it's that close, it should be a review especially since individual teams can't choose to review it at that point.

The booth never made the call, that's the problem. The booth tells the official whether they should look at it or not. They didn't want the ref to look at it, so it wasn't reviewed.

Which is lame. Regardless of what happened, when it's that close, it should be a review especially since individual teams can't choose to review it at that point.

Exactly- and while we're on the topic, I'd like to mention Peters' phantom false start (the encroachment on the play would have resulted in a first), or the BLATANT hold on a third down play in the second half where KW (IIRC) was literally DRAGGING #84 behind him, otherwise WIDE open to the QB. The result of that play was a completion for a first.

Exactly- and while we're on the topic, I'd like to mention Peters' phantom false start (the encroachment on the play would have resulted in a first), or the BLATANT hold on a third down play in the second half where KW (IIRC) was literally DRAGGING #84 behind him, otherwise WIDE open to the QB. The result of that play was a completion for a first.

Peters actually did rock a little before the snap -- can't fault the refs for that one.

Peters actually did rock a little before the snap -- can't fault the refs for that one.

He didn't move anymore than anyone else does on any given play. That call was total BS. O-lineman are always turning their heads and they never get called for that.