Will Bama and Texas Tech make it through?

H2o

We are getting down to the last few weeks of the NCAA football schedule and who would've figured this? Alabama, in Saban's second year, and Texas Tech are on track to face each other in the BCS title game. Wow. The question now, will they be able to hold on to get there?

Alabama still has games remaining against Mississippi St. and Auburn in their house. Auburn is not really a threat this year, but it IS a rivalry game. Alabama will likely play Florida in the SEC title game. That's the one. Tebow and the Gators have been on a roll of late, seemingly peaking as a team at just the right time. Personally, I think the Gators put the dagger in Saban's and every Alabama fan's heart.

Texas Tech has done nothing but step up every time they've been called upon. The offense they have is seemingly unstoppable. They have Harrell throwing 5 or 6 TD's a game and the best WR in the nation in Michael Crabtree catching atleast 2 of those every time out. They also have 2 or 3 other WR that can get it done as well. They have a game coming up at Oklahoma and a final home game against Baylor. Oh how Bob Stoops would love to crush TTU's title hopes. Bradford, Murray, Iglesias, and the rest of those guys will be ready. Norman will be rockin', but will it equal a "W" for the Sooners? I just don't think OU's defense will be able to hold up. Texas ran through them and TTU's offense is better than Texas'. This will set up a battle against Missouri. Chase Daniel and Mizzou have bowed their heads in disappointment a couple of times this year, but what better way to redeem themselves than thwarting the Raiders shot at a BCS title than by sticking it to them in the Big 12 title game. It will happen.

What will all of this mean if it plays out this way? It will likely mean that we'll see USC in the title game again facing a high-powered Florida team. Texas Tech could make it through, but I doubt they will. I would put money on Alabama losing in the SEC title game. One thing is for certain, NCAA Football needs an 8 team playoff to determine the champion. Spread it out over the last week of Deccember throught the first 2 of January and give the people what they want. It will take out all of the questions about who's truly deserving, all of the questionable rankings, and the factoring of that inept computer. In other words, the champion will actually be decided on the field.

We are getting down to the last few weeks of the NCAA football schedule and who would've figured this? Alabama, in Saban's second year, and Texas Tech are on track to face each other in the BCS title game. Wow. The question now, will they be able to hold on to get there?

Alabama still has games remaining against Mississippi St. and Auburn in their house. Auburn is not really a threat this year, but it IS a rivalry game.

Personally, I am more worried about Miss St than the 'barn'. There will be no let down vs. Auburn this year.

Miss St is a classic trap game. Bama is coming off the big win vs. LSU, and have guaranteed their appearance in the SEC CG. If the Bama players get caught looking past Miss St. to their game vs. the 'barn', the Bulldogs will gleefully bite Bama in the ass.

Alabama will likely play Florida in the SEC title game. That's the one. Tebow and the Gators have been on a roll of late, seemingly peaking as a team at just the right time. Personally, I think the Gators put the dagger in Saban's and every Alabama fan's heart.

Keep thinking that. In fact, I hope everybody keeps thinking that, including Florida.

I heard the same thing about Clemson.

I heard the same thing about Georgia.

I heard the same thing about LSU.

I keep hearing stuff like that, and I keep expecting it to happen. But it never does.

Heck, there are some Auburn fans convinced that they will be the one to knock off Bama. However, their reasoning is so far fetched I will not dismiss the notion they were BSing.

The LSU game proved something to me. This Bama team refuses to quit.

Texas Tech has done nothing but step up every time they've been called upon. The offense they have is seemingly unstoppable. They have Harrell throwing 5 or 6 TD's a game and the best WR in the nation in Michael Crabtree catching atleast 2 of those every time out. They also have 2 or 3 other WR that can get it done as well. They have a game coming up at Oklahoma and a final home game against Baylor. Oh how Bob Stoops would love to crush TTU's title hopes. Bradford, Murray, Iglesias, and the rest of those guys will be ready. Norman will be rockin', but will it equal a "W" for the Sooners? I just don't think OU's defense will be able to hold up. Texas ran through them and TTU's offense is better than Texas'. This will set up a battle against Missouri. Chase Daniel and Mizzou have bowed their heads in disappointment a couple of times this year, but what better way to redeem themselves than thwarting the Raiders shot at a BCS title than by sticking it to them in the Big 12 title game. It will happen.

What will all of this mean if it plays out this way? It will likely mean that we'll see USC in the title game again facing a high-powered Florida team. Texas Tech could make it through, but I doubt they will. I would put money on Alabama losing in the SEC title game. One thing is for certain, NCAA Football needs an 8 team playoff to determine the champion. Spread it out over the last week of Deccember throught the first 2 of January and give the people what they want. It will take out all of the questions about who's truly deserving, all of the questionable rankings, and the factoring of that inept computer. In other words, the champion will actually be decided on the field.

Personally, I am more worried about Miss St than the 'barn'. There will be no let down vs. Auburn this year.

Miss St is a classic trap game. Bama is coming off the big win vs. LSU, and have guaranteed their appearance in the SEC CG. If the Bama players get caught looking past Miss St. to their game vs. the 'barn', the Bulldogs will gleefully bite Bama in the ass.

Keep thinking that. In fact, I hope everybody keeps thinking that, including Florida.

I heard the same thing about Clemson.

I heard the same thing about Georgia.

I heard the same thing about LSU.I keep hearing stuff like that, and I keep expecting it to happen. But it never does.

Heck, there are some Auburn fans convinced that they will be the one to knock off Bama. However, their reasoning is so far fetched I will not dismiss the notion they were BSing.

The LSU game proved something to me. This Bama team refuses to quit.

Dude, dont kid yourself. Florida is a totally different animal then those three teams listed above. I see bama winning their last 2 games & Florida winning out also(although FSU is going to be no pushover, game is in Tallahassee also). That is going to setup an epic SEC Championship game, with the winner writing their ticket to the national Championship. I honestly do not know who will win that game either. I give the slight edge to Florida because I think Tebow is better then Wilson. I do think Bama's defense is a little better the Florida's though.

As far as texas Tech, my guess is they get beat by Oklahoma in Norman in two weeks. That will open the door for either Texas or OU to get the other invite for the NC game.

Bama better figure something out and in a hurry. Because if the gaytors and crimson tide played today, UF would stop them and we'd be seeing another 41-10 type score. Florida has been rolling since the loss. Ideally, FSU beats UF and then UF beats bama in the SEC title game and then the rest of the country is happy.

Dude, dont kid yourself. Florida is a totally different animal then those three teams listed above. I see bama winning their last 2 games & Florida winning out also(although FSU is going to be no pushover, game is in Tallahassee also). That is going to setup an epic SEC Championship game, with the winner writing their ticket to the national Championship. I honestly do not know who will win that game either. I give the slight edge to Florida because I think Tebow is better then Wilson. I do think Bama's defense is a little better the Florida's though.

As far as texas Tech, my guess is they get beat by Oklahoma in Norman in two weeks. That will open the door for either Texas or OU to get the other invite for the NC game.

I'm not kidding myself. Bama has exceeded every pre-season expectation, even those originating from the Crimson Tide followers that I know. Nobody expected them to be where they are at, especially with the amount of freshman they are playing.

And all season long I kept hearing and reading how this team was going to beat Bama, or how that team would "drop 50+ points on Bama". When Bama reached #2 in the polls, I started hearing how Bama did not deserve being there, and how they were overrated. When they moved to #1, same thing. Bama is overrated, and and they will lose to LSU.

Bama beat LSU in Baton Rouge. What do I hear now? Bluefire saying Bama does not deserve being #1. Ok, whatever, take a number, and join the rest of the country who thinks that way. And you will probably find me standing right next to you.

And that's because all season long I keep waiting for that shoe to drop. The one that contains their title hopes.

Problem: It hasn't happened yet.

I think part of the reason Bama is #1 and in the hunt for a NC is the same reason you, me, and a whole bunch of other people keep expecting them to lose one game or another. Everybody keeps underestimating them. However:

They are well coached.

They are physical.

They are determined.

They refuse to quit.

And that makes the Tide a very dangerous team.

So, when I say I hope everybody keeps thinking Bama has no business being #1(or 2), and Florida is going to kick their ass, I mean it. I want the sports pundits, prognosticators, and even the UF players and coaches thinking the same way. Come SEC CG time, I want ALL the focus on the UF, and how Bama is just an obstacle in Florida's way. If the UF players and coaches start to think that way, it will the biggest and stupidest mistake they will make this year, and it could very well cost them a shot at the NC.

Bama better figure something out and in a hurry. Because if the gaytors and crimson tide played today, UF would stop them and we'd be seeing another 41-10 type score. Florida has been rolling since the loss. Ideally, FSU beats UF and then UF beats bama in the SEC title game and then the rest of the country is happy.

Example #2.

I'm not kidding myself. Bama has exceeded every pre-season expectation, even those originating from the Crimson Tide followers that I know. Nobody expected them to be where they are at, especially with the amount of freshman they are playing.

And all season long I kept hearing and reading how this team was going to beat Bama, or how that team would "drop 50+ points on Bama". When Bama reached #2 in the polls, I started hearing how Bama did not deserve being there, and how they were overrated. When they moved to #1, same thing. Bama is overrated, and and they will lose to LSU.

Bama beat LSU in Baton Rouge. What do I hear now? Bluefire saying Bama does not deserve being #1. Ok, whatever, take a number, and join the rest of the country who thinks that way. And you will probably find me standing right next to you.

And that's because all season long I keep waiting for that shoe to drop. The one that contains their title hopes.

Problem: It hasn't happened yet.

I think part of the reason Bama is #1 and in the hunt for a NC is the same reason you, me, and a whole bunch of other people keep expecting them to lose one game or another. Everybody keeps underestimating them. However:

They are well coached.

They are physical.

They are determined.

They refuse to quit.

And that makes the Tide a very dangerous team.

So, when I say I hope everybody keeps thinking Bama has no business being #1(or 2), and Florida is going to kick their ass, I mean it. I want the sports pundits, prognosticators, and even the UF players and coaches thinking the same way. Come SEC CG time, I want ALL the focus on the UF, and how Bama is just an obstacle in Florida's way. If the UF players and coaches start to think that way, it will the biggest and stupidest mistake they will make this year, and it could very well cost them a shot at the NC.

I dont underestimate them. In fact I had $50 on them minus 3 against LSU saturday. I just think Florida is playing incredible right now. It is going to be a great game; game of the year. Flip a coin, I have no idea who is going to win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.