Bledsoe Testimonial

My wife and I went to the game yesterday fully decked out in our Bledose jerseys. Of course, after the game, she and I had to deal with all the jeers and taunting of the many classless Ravens fans all the way to our car. One little punk in particular just wouldn't shut up.

This testimonial isn't to the etiquette of drunk and stupid (stupid, that is, for getting drunk off a plethora of $7 beers) loudmouths. Rather, it is that athletes like Drew probably don't fully realize what an awkward situation they put their fans in when they under-perform in the manner that he has. I for one have been quite vocal in my support for Drew. But, alas, on Sunday I was made to pay for such blind loyalty. That isn't to say that I am going to hop off the bandwagon or stop supporting him -- but maybe he should be aware that my loyalty to him and the team very nearly placed both myself and my wife in harm's way.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed. I was smart (and sober) enough not to sink to the level of this clown. Still, it is a shame that my wife and I had both literally unwittingly placed ourselves in harm's way, just for wearing a certain jersey.

Maybe that's why I personally found DB's what-me-worry attitude during the game -- and his arrogant attitude in the press conference afterward so disheartening.

Thats a shame. Both my wife and I were at the game and fully decked out in Bills stuff (Me Kelly jersey & baseball cap, her Bills sweatshirt and hat) and outside of a little good natured, back-and-forth ribbing, found no problems with the Baltimore fans. Where were you sitting? We were in Section 152.

Guest buffalosteve
My wife and I went to the game yesterday fully decked out in our Bledose jerseys. Of course, after the game, she and I had to deal with all the jeers and taunting of the many classless Ravens fans all the way to our car. One little punk in particular just wouldn't shut up.

This testimonial isn't to the etiquette of drunk and stupid (stupid, that is, for getting drunk off a plethora of $7 beers) loudmouths. Rather, it is that athletes like Drew probably don't fully realize what an awkward situation they put their fans in when they under-perform in the manner that he has. I for one have been quite vocal in my support for Drew. But, alas, on Sunday I was made to pay for such blind loyalty. That isn't to say that I am going to hop off the bandwagon or stop supporting him -- but maybe he should be aware that my loyalty to him and the team very nearly placed both myself and my wife in harm's way.

Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed. I was smart (and sober) enough not to sink to the level of this clown. Still, it is a shame that my wife and I had both literally unwittingly placed ourselves in harm's way, just for wearing a certain jersey.

Maybe that's why I personally found DB's what-me-worry attitude during the game -- and his arrogant attitude in the press conference afterward so disheartening.

85071[/snapback]

I hear you. I ditched my DB jersey and went with a new one ...our best player Brian Moorman! I will be coming up from Illinois with my Ram fan buddy to watch that mess.

85071[/snapback]

Not that I'm condoning bad behavior by other team's fans, but it comes with the territory when you're going to wear an opposing jersey to another team's house. You have to be at least *aware* of the possibility.

It's not Drew's fault that your support of him might put you - or worse yet, your wife - in harm's way.

Just my opinion.

Not that I'm condoning bad behavior by other team's fans, but it comes with the territory when you're going to wear an opposing jersey to another team's house.  You have to be at least *aware* of the possibility.

It's not Drew's fault that your support of him might put you - or worse yet, your wife - in harm's way.

Just my opinion.

85096[/snapback]

say...I'm coming up for the game in 3 weeks...you mean I shouldn't wear any Bills stuff? :angry:

say...I'm coming up for the game in 3 weeks...you mean I shouldn't wear any Bills stuff? :angry:

85106[/snapback]

I wouldn't be worried going to Foxboro to play the Patriots. If you're wearing Bills stuff, Patriot fans will be taking pity on your loyal support of a struggling squad. :)

How did you guys feel when the pre-Parcells (Rod Rust, Dick MacPherson) Pats came to town? :D

Exactly!

I wouldn't be worried going to Foxboro to play the Patriots.  If you're wearing Bills stuff, Patriot fans will be taking pity on your loyal support of a struggling squad.  :D

How did you guys feel when the pre-Parcells (Rod Rust, Dick MacPherson) Pats came to town?  :angry:

Exactly!

85115[/snapback]

Pity from Patriots' fans.

And I thought this season couldn't get any worse.

I was in section 153. Great seats! I got some nice pictures of the players during pre-game warm ups. You're right, most of the fans were fine. In fact, I didn't have any problems in the stands -- just on the walk back to my car afterwards.

I realize that it comes with the territory. And I just happened to be wearing the jersey of the guy that played the biggest role in the loss, which is what compounded the taunting.

And, believe me, I'm not dissing Drew. I think he's a class guy. But I do get annoyed when coaches and athletes are dismissive of fans, who have a great deal emotionally, financially, and (in this case) physically invested in them, if you know what I mean.

Next time I go to an away game, I'm wearing either my old #12 or #34 jersey -- or a generic Bills sweatshirt! LOL

I got a little ribbing also. One drunk punk was especially crazed as we were walking down the aisle to leave. Even his buddies tried to push him down in his seat and tell him to relax. Anyway, I went to Bills games many times with college friends who were rooting for our opponent and wearing their team colors. Bills fans are the meanest, nastiest, drunken group of people in the NFL . I love 'em but I've seen how they treat harmless people wearing their home team colors and it's ugly.