Bills vs. Quinn

nuklz2594

I didn't get to see Quinn play, but I would definitely think there's reason for concern. We're concerned about Matt Cassel this weekend and should be concerned with Brady Quinn. The Bills D is hurt, and hasn't played well healthy for a few games now. I think Uncle Rico could be at the helm and the Bills should be concerned until they prove us otherwise.

Quinn looked pretty good last night. He didn't throw any deep balls so everything was 20 yards and under, but he avoided pressure well and stood in the pocket. A big concern would be the chemistry that he has with Winslow. They also utilized the PA pass effectively which freed up a lot of time and allowed his receivers to get pretty open at times.

I didn't see him play, either, but it sounded like a pretty decent performance.

Not bad for his first game in front of his home crowd, so let's see what he can do on a Monday night in front of a rockin' Ralph. :devil:

Hopefully, the Ralph scares the pee out of him like we did Romo last year!! :nana:

i watched the whole game, and he was impressive. he didnt attempt any deep passes, but he showed good mobility at evading the rush, and good accuracy while rolling out. the only negative that i saw from him is his touch on short passes... on several occasions he threw rockets when his receiver was less than 10 yards away.

Quinn threw almost every one of his passes to checkdown recievers unless he found Edwards or Winslow singled up on the outside. He was also able to avoid being sacked while showing great pocket pressence and athletic ability.

I predict them marching down field with 5-8 yard completion quite easily. Any pressure we may be able to get on him, he will be able to avoid and make good decisions. I also had a dream last night where Kelsay got a free shot at the Quinn, but when he tried to tackle said player, he had forgotten he had elbows and hands, and the result was him swinging his clubs of human flesh at Quinn before tripping and falling to the ground. Quinn then threw a TD to Winslow. The crowd, embarrassed by the play of our starting DE, then just started cheering, WINSLOW__WINSLOW (ala Takeo Spikes) in an effort to lure him to Buffalo....

I didn't see him play, either, but it sounded like a pretty decent performance.

Not bad for his first game in front of his home crowd, so let's see what he can do on a Monday night in front of a rockin' Ralph. :devil:

He had a good game against the worst defense in the NFL, I don't think that we can glean very much from this first performance. Personally, I'm no more intimidated by him at this point than I'd be of Derek Anderson.

He had a good game against the worst defense in the NFL, I don't think that we can glean very much from this first performance. Personally, I'm no more intimidated by him at this point than I'd be of Derek Anderson.

I don't think San Diego has the worst defense in the NFL. Also, he lost. So if you think it's the worst D, and he lost, well then, he can't be that great.

Can I say it looked almost identical to Edward's first game vs. NYJ last year? Good presence, check down receivers and short completions against a terrible team at home. It was the perfect place to start him. Heck if they didn't start him, Anderson would have probably had similar #'s and he'd still be in.

Problem is we have been easily dinked and dunked on for 3 + years now. Until we start asserting ourselves on D everyone will look good....

Can I say it looked almost identical to Edward's first game vs. NYJ last year? Good presence, check down receivers and short completions against a terrible team at home. It was the perfect place to start him. Heck if they didn't start him, Anderson would have probably had similar #'s and he'd still be in.

Problem is we have been easily dinked and dunked on for 3 + years now. Until we start asserting ourselves on D everyone will look good....

You are right on. When we stop giving up the dink + dunkers we will be able to force coaches to actually gameplan against our D.

Broncs d really isn't very good I think. Still a good effort from Quinn only to be undone by his D and Winslow.

Winslow had a couple mistakes but when your TE has 111 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns, you can't exactly blame the loss on him. This one falls on the shoulders of the shameful effort by Brandon McDonald and the rest of the Browns' secondary.

Winslow had a couple mistakes but when your TE has 111 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns, you can't exactly blame the loss on him. This one falls on the shoulders of the shameful effort by Brandon McDonald and the rest of the Browns' secondary.

See, I think it can, especially when that player puts a bullseye on his back. Critical 15 yard penalty took them out of FG range and on the next possession he fumbles the ball away. Defense should have stepped up, but at two critical times in the game so should Winslow (have stepped up).

See, I think it can, especially when that player puts a bullseye on his back. Critical 15 yard penalty took them out of FG range and on the next possession he fumbles the ball away. Defense should have stepped up, but at two critical times in the game so should Winslow (have stepped up).

He also let an easy catch slip through his hands to end the game on the Browns' 4th and 1. But still, allowing 447 yards in the air? The Browns' secondary gets the anti-game ball.

yeah, the penalty was bone-headed, but on that fumble the defense just made a heck of a play.

He also let an easy catch slip through his hands to end the game on the Browns' 4th and 1. But still, allowing 447 yards in the air? The Browns' secondary gets the anti-game ball.

jeez, I forgot that one...some curious play calling there at the end and at the end of the first half. Broncs run a QB draw with time running out in the half ?