2009 Draft Idea

I would seriously consider drafting 2 Centers and 2 Defensive Ends with their first four picks. Screw this best player on the board crap. Yea yea, I know...thank God I'm not GM BUT these two positions are KILLING this team. WR, LB and other positions can always be filled in Free Agency and later in draft

I would seriously consider drafting 2 Centers and 2 Defensive Ends with their first four picks. Screw this best player on the board crap. Yea yea, I know...thank God I'm not GM BUT these two positions are KILLING this team. WR, LB and other positions can always be filled in Free Agency and later in draft

Please share whatever your smokin....I can't afford it anymore with all this economic turmoil :thumbsup:

Jason Peters ISN'T killing us? Powder-puff coverage ISN'T killing us. I'm with you on the DE part, but that's about it!

Good team build their OL and DL from the draft. Patriots spent three 1st round pick on defense tackles. These players are still playing for them and dominating the competition. Next year's first round pick should definitely be a defensive tackle if you want to have any hope to stop the run consistently. Next draft pick has to be a offensive tackle. Basically, I think the Bills should pick an offensive lineman in the first day of every draft until they have a good line. With the FA market being so expensive, the "build from the draft" model has became a much sexier idea. Meanwhile, DB and LB are always needed because they get injured so easily. As for DE, draft them if a good one is available. Unless there is a Terrell Sugg or Julius Pepper there, I usually don't get too exciting about drafting DE. By the way, we should starting looking for a new offensive line coach so that our line can run block eventually.

But what if there aren't any quality DT's Big Hurt??? From what I can tell, most of the DT's in this draft look like McCagro types. :thumbsup: DE if one is available worth the pick would be my first choice, but I believe Alex Mack could start from day one (even if it is at guard till he is ready for center) and even be an upgrade from Preston or Butler, immediately. I wouldn't mind going after a DT like Tubbs from the Seahawks in free agency and a LB.

actually I think theres at least 3 OC that could start from day 1..Alex Mack, Johnathan Luigs and Eric Woods..Buffalo should be able to grab 1 of these guys on day 1...DT is not a day 1 prioity this season Williams and Stroud are very good starters..McCargo might be gone next season and a good rotational DT could be found in FA or later in the draft..I would wait till 2010 draft for a stud DT...and like I've said before, I'd be very happy with the draft in my sig

actually I think theres at least 3 OC that could start from day 1..Alex Mack, Johnathan Luigs and Eric Woods..Buffalo should be able to grab 1 of these guys on day 1...DT is not a day 1 prioity this season Williams and Stroud are very good starters..McCargo might be gone next season and a good rotational DT could be found in FA or later in the draft..I would wait till 2010 draft for a stud DT...and like I've said before, I'd be very happy with the draft in my sig

I would add Antoine Caldwell from Alabama to the list of OC's.

Kyle Williams is a fun guy to root for, and he even makes an occasional play, but he is miles away from being a "very good starter." He is small and not very strong. Don't you see him getting pushed around on running plays? I love his effort, but the fact that he is a starter on this team is telling.

This year (as well as every other losing season), the Bills are once again paying the price of neglecting the lines and allocating their best resources to defensive backs.

As for the OP, the premise of your post wouldn't be such a reach if you were not talking about a Dick Jauron team. We will lose a corner or 2 in free agency, and Whitner has how many years left? This is what Jauron concentrates on, as opponents move the football on us and prevent us from establishing a ground game.

The real shame is the 3 year extension.