:rolleyes:

It took a day and a half, but the Associated Press has just called North Carolina and its 15 Electoral College votes for Barack Obama. That brings his total to 364.

No Democrat had won the state since Jimmy Carter did it in 1976; a formerly Democratic state, it shifted Republican along with the rest of the South after the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964.

:devil:

It took a day and a half, but the Associated Press has just called North Carolina and its 15 Electoral College votes for Barack Obama. That brings his total to 364.

No Democrat had won the state since Jimmy Carter did it in 1976; a formerly Democratic state, it shifted Republican along with the rest of the South after the passage of the Civil Rights Act in 1964.

Carter and Obama yea thats a good comparsion :rolleyes:

The Republican Party is officially dead!

Good - as a "Republican", I sincerely hope that the party can be rebuilt to represent people like me, instead of the ultra right, religious whackos.

If not, I'll be casting a vote for a 3rd party candidate in 2012.

How did that Carter administration work out? Oh, I think it set up the Republicans to occupy the White House the following 12 years.

Good - as a "Republican", I sincerely hope that the party can be rebuilt to represent people like me, instead of the ultra right, religious whackos.

If not, I'll be casting a vote for a 3rd party candidate in 2012.

Then John McCain was your guy.

John McCain WAS my guy - Sarah Palin and the talk of "Palin 2012" is what I'm talking about.

I voted for McCain in 2000 (primary) and twice in 2008. My gripe isn't with him, its the fact that he needed to get "more conservative" in order to get the support of the Republican "base".

The "base" is who I don't relate with...and obviously the rest of America.

Uh, "people never vote on the basis of the VP they select." :devil::blink:

No... John McCain was NOT his guy. At a ripe 72, John McCain was one jumbo chili dog heart attack from handing the job over to a relgious, right wing wacko... Thank God, the people saw the error of last 8 years.

John McCain WAS my guy - Sarah Palin and the talk of "Palin 2012" is what I'm talking about.

I voted for McCain in 2000 (primary) and twice in 2008. My gripe isn't with him, its the fact that he needed to get "more conservative" in order to get the support of the Republican "base".

You go!

I said before... If he would have selected a Kay Bailey Hutchison... Heck, I may of voted for him. Sure she would have pissed off the the base (abortion)... But, the base is dead now anyway.

Could not have said it better myself.