Why doesn'rt Rahm pay taxes?

Wacka

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. I dunno, but I'm glad that has been exposed. Kudos to the media for another politician getting exposed.

I'm all for nailing the cheats...but maybe you should read the whole story (including comments).

From the article...

Your posting about Rahm Emanuel’s house being tax exempt is wholly inaccurate. Rep. Emanuel’s house in on the tax rolls, and he and Ms. Rule have paid the taxes on it.

The Emanuel house sits on two lots. For tax purposes, the property is listed as 4232 N. Hermitage Ave. The PIN is 14-18-408-035-0000. As you can see, 4232 N. Hermitage came up as one of the addresses when you searched Emanuel’s block on our web site.

4228 N. Hermitage is listed as the mailing address on the tax records. Had you taken the trouble to contact the Assessor’s office, we could have told you that -- and told you that it is not at all uncommon for addresses to be merged for properties on two lots.

According to the Cook County Treasurer’s web site, Emanuel and his wife paid $13,022.60 in property taxes this year.

Sincerely,

Eric W. Herman

Director of Communications

Cook County Assessor's Office

I'm all for nailing the cheats...but maybe you should read the whole story (including comments).

From the article...

The Cook County Assessor's Office Communications Director responds to the article by posting a comment at the bottom of the article?

Man, that's funny.

Terrific! You should really hurry up before it starts to get too cold to march!

It will be service members and their families marching. They are quite able to tough it out. This is something we are very passionate about, and we won't let weather stand in our way. But again, I appreciate your concern.

It will actually be Jan. 19, the day before the inauguration. Obama's official platform has long said he will begin the retreat process on his first day in office, so we've decided it would be best to have a preemptive demonstration.

"Cook County Assessor's Office"

Da-da-da-da-d-d-d-Da-Da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daaaaaaa-da-da-da!

Da-da-da-da-daaaaaa-da-da-da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, how 1938 Berlin of you! :rolleyes:

It will be service members and their families marching. They are quite able to tough it out. This is something we are very passionate about, and we won't let weather stand in our way. But again, I appreciate your concern.

It will actually be Jan. 19, the day before the inauguration. Obama's official platform has long said he will begin the retreat process on his first day in office, so we've decided it would be best to have a preemptive demonstration.

How many are you expecting? Probably at least 500 thousand right?

that damn communist is starting to withdraw the troops before he's even in the White House!

I have no idea. I just thought, for a county official correcting a mistake in the media, it was a funny way to officially respond to it. I'm surprised he didn't start the post with LMFAO.

since it looks like that article was the only page that mentioned it on the web (at least so far), it probably made sense to shut it down at the source.

So let's do the math. Let's figure that of the 500,000, half are women. Since approximately 7% of women in this country are abused each year, that means you can go to the march and let more than 17,000 women know that they probably got what they deserved.

No, I am pretty sure it won't be anywhere near that many. We are two days into planning this, so any estimate would be not be ready to release.

This issue means a lot to me, so if you want to keep your feeble mockery going, feel free. But you're only further cementing my hatred for people like you.

I have no idea. I just thought, for a county official correcting a mistake in the media, it was a funny way to officially respond to it. I'm surprised he didn't start the post with LMFAO.

Well it's just a blog...not exactly like they have a communications department to respond to. Commenting was probably the fastest and most effective way to get that information out.