Some of this must be coaching, right?

jahnyc

I think under any other circumstances I would be willing to give Mularkey a pass for his first season, but the realities are that TD pinned the Bills problems last year squarely on the head coach, not talent. Moreover, TD and MM stated that there would be no honeymoon. Well, I am taking them at their word. There have been too many penalties and the offense looks worse than last year. I see no creativity and I am not sure whether there is an offensive game plan. Why do we always seem flat at the beginning of the game (and in the first half)? Why do the players have to become motivated at half time? Too many mistakes and poorly conceived and executed plays.

Isn't this coaching? I thought the problem last year was a lack of mental toughness. Wasn't MM brought in to remedy that problem? We should not have hired another rookie head coach. After the last three years and dealing with Gregg Williams, why should we have to go through the pains of another rookie head coach?

Wha has changed from last season to this season?

WM is active

Ruben Brown is gone, and Chris Villreal is here.

Drafted Lee Evans

New HC

New OC

If last season was due to poor coaching by GW, I would think that poor performance this season would also be coaching. The scary part is I believe that this team might be worse off than last years squad.

We are in a mess, and it is the result of poor drafting and mediocre coaching. We don't have the talent and we don't have the coaching to overcome our talent or our poor mix of talent. This all falls on the shoulders of TD. He had complete freedom to build this team, both in terms of talent and coaching. He has failed, and he must go. If the the new gm wants a new head coach, then MM must go as well.

I've always supported Donahoe and continue to believe that we have good scouts and good football minds in the front office.

However

there's something interesting that hasn't been addressed yet. Remember what TD said before the season started?

"I'm out of patience" and "we expect to win now"

Now he's saying that we should all be patient because we have a rookie HC.

I have a problem with these mixed messages.

Fans have every right to be out of patience.

I am out of patience, and I have said it a number of times and a number of different ways. Of course, I really have no choice but to be patient. The way things look now, a quick turnaround seems unlikely. We have a rookie head coach, a first year qb who will probably start playing in a few weeks, and probably not enough cap room for next season to sign any difference makers.

I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

There have been too many penalties and the offense looks worse than last year. >>>>

don't forget the questionable play-calling. Why are we trying complicated, multiple fake / misdirection plays when we have trouble executing the simple things properly? and why in critical situations [third down, red xone, etc]?

However

there's something interesting that hasn't been addressed yet. Remember what TD said before the season started?

"I'm out of patience" and "we expect to win now"

Now he's saying that we should all be patient because we have a rookie HC.

I have a problem with these mixed messages.

84762[/snapback]

Kind of sounds like John Kerry!

Guest buffalosteve
There have been too many penalties and the offense looks worse than last year. >>>>

don't forget the questionable play-calling.  Why are we trying complicated, multiple fake / misdirection plays when we have trouble executing the simple things properly?  and why in critical situations [third down, red xone, etc]?

85050[/snapback]

Exactly! This won't be too popular either because the D did the job yesterday (Ravens offense sucks) but the defense has slipped a bit too. From second to the top of middle of the pack.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Yesterdays game plan sucked. You don't put Drew, that o-line, and the passing game in general, up against that defense on their field, in position where they can make game changing mistakes. And thats exactly what this coaching staff did.

You go boring and ugly for this game. Run McGahee 30+ times, let the defense keep you in it, and you have a chance to win in the 4th quarter.

They also should have went for the td when it was 17-3 instead of the field goal. Sometimes you have to take a chance, especially when behind, to win.

Wha has changed from last season to this season?

WM is active

Ruben Brown is gone, and Chris Villreal is here.

Drafted Lee Evans

New HC

New OC

If last season was due to poor coaching by GW, I would think that poor performance this season would also be coaching.  The scary part is I believe that this team might be worse off than last years squad.

84695[/snapback]

I'm with you if something looks like crap, and smeels like crap, it must be CRAP!!!

I think under any other circumstances I would be willing to give Mularkey a pass for his first season, but the realities are that TD pinned the Bills problems last year squarely on the head coach, not talent.  Moreover, TD and MM stated that there would be no honeymoon.  Well, I am taking them at their word.  There have been too many penalties and the offense looks worse than last year.  I see no creativity and I am not sure whether there is an offensive game plan.  Why do we always seem flat at the beginning of the game (and in the first half)?  Why do the players have to become motivated at half time?  Too many mistakes and poorly conceived and executed plays.

Isn't this coaching?  I thought the problem last year was a lack of mental toughness.  Wasn't MM brought in to remedy that problem?  We should not have hired another rookie head coach.  After the last three years and dealing with Gregg Williams, why should we have to go through the pains of another rookie head coach?

84682[/snapback]

Some? Try a lot.

Giving a pass for a season is one thing, but being ONE AND FIVE is another thing entirely. He has done a very good job of f'ing this team up. His latest was not starting Willis yesterday. It set the tone for the game, giving the players the perception that he was willing to f' around with what was working just to appease ONE PLAYER. Tough teams do not dream up trick plays when you have a back like McGahee. You start him, give him 25 plus carries and go deep now and then. So far I think he's a moron. What a waste of a season...thanks Mike, thanks Travis.