Fins release WR Derek Hagan

I've followed the Dolphins a lot the past couple years living down here. Hagan has a lot of the characteristics that make up a solid No. 2 or 3 NFL WR...except for his propensity to drop balls. I've barely heard anything about him this year, but his first years he always seemed to be getting criticized for his drops. Maybe whoever helped Reed with his drops can work some magic with Hagan.

I've followed the Dolphins a lot the past couple years living down here. Hagan has a lot of the characteristics that make up a solid No. 2 or 3 NFL WR...except for his propensity to drop balls. I've barely heard anything about him this year, but his first years he always seemed to be getting criticized for his drops. Maybe whoever helped Reed with his drops can work some magic with Hagan.

Yes, we wouldn't want Royal to feel so lonely in the dropped-ball department. :oops:

Seriously, if he drops a lot of passes, leave him be -- just can't afford to have guys like that. Reed has certainly worked out, but it was sort of a lengthy project. Need a guy who can step right in, but those kinds of guys are just not available this time of year.