Won't be Comfortable with Either Winning

gmac17

I voted for McCain, but will admit that if he wins (which isn't looking likely) I won't be excited tonight.

It is a very unique situation - and I've never felt like this before.

anyone else out there feel the same way?

Same here....

I have zero confidence in either major candidate. Neither commands a broad skill set for the job at hand, nor a breadth of task maturity.

Most of Congress will be returned to office, and we all know how keenly incisive the Dems have been with their majority in the House. Barack, Nancy, and Harry do not call forth faith, confidence, nor a sense of well-being.

If Dems pull off the trifecta, there will be a Rep in the Oval Office in 2013...and we'll be back to same old, same old.

Look at the bright side - how could it ever get any worse than under W?

Give Obama two years and you'll be begging for Jimmy Carter. But I'm a rich elitist selfish unpatriotic snob who thinks he's a joke, and I only say now that because his Civilian Army isn't here to make me stop. Yet.

I voted for McCain, but will admit that if he wins (which isn't looking likely) I won't be excited tonight.

Define comfortable-

Do I think that all our problems will go out the window because of the new president? No.

Give Obama two years and you'll be begging for Jimmy Carter. But I'm a rich elitist selfish unpatriotic snob who thinks he's a joke, and I only say now that because his Civilian Army isn't here to make me stop. Yet.
Ditto

Exit polling data said that only 24% (?) of Obama's voters were excited about the thought of his Presidency. McCain should have never seen the light of day in the Republican party. So, no - you ain't alone.

ouch - thanks for bringing that one home

BUT in this case, I'd pretty much guarantee a monkey could do bettter than W - even randomly it'd get something right

You forgot he won re-election.

His 2nd term has been disastrous though.

That's how I've felt in every single election before this one. I hated Bush 1 and Dukakis, I hated Clinton, I hated Dole, and I hate the other Bush, and I hated Gore, and I hated Kerry.

So.. finally I like a guy.. Obama.

Soooooo, the first half of his first of two terms
Well..The economy was pretty good 6 out of the 8 years. It only tanked in the last 6 months. Bad timing for McCain no doubt. Like I said...If it weren't for Iraq..Alot of the negativeness would not be there.