Wish we could get a coach like....

BBills14

This guy acts like a player, loves the game and just shows so much passion. I was watching the game last night and when it was over, he didn't go right towards Zorn to shake his hand, but went to the players first. He is an awesome coach and I am so sick of Dick Jauron's blank stare/monotone attitude. I wish we had an emotional leader like Tomlin...just a thought.

This guy acts like a player, loves the game and just shows so much passion. I was watching the game last night and when it was over, he didn't go right towards Zorn to shake his hand, but went to the players first. He is an awesome coach and I am so sick of Dick Jauron's blank stare/monotone attitude. I wish we had an emotional leader like Tomlin...just a thought.

You don't think DJ loves the game? Just because he has decided to keep his emotions in check during the course of a football game and press conference doesn't mean this man loves the game any less than Tomlin.

I also find it classy that no matter the end result, Dick Jauron is always looking to shake the competitor's hand after a game, unlike some coaches (where was Jack Del Rio when Jacksonville lost?)

Don't get me wrong, it's fun watching Tomlin get all emotional and worked up over penalties but it doesn't help them win anymore games and it doesn't automatically make him a great coach, in my opinion.

How do you know he isn't calling out players in the locker room? The coach that calls out players to the media is a bad coach.

Thats true.......But if he did call them out this day and age we would know about it. But you have a point! But like I said, this day and age nothing is kept a secret.......

I just feel he can make a change to his coaching style......get pissed off, call out players.

Why does everyone think that getting angry and pissed off is some kind of management/coaching panacea? Maybe it's the blue collar background of Buffalo that influences Buffalo fans. There are plenty of ways to motivate people that don't equate to throwing a grown-up temper tantrum.

If you had a boss that yelled at you, you would tell them to F### Off. People don't want to be ruled/coached/governed by someone who has all the emotional control of a 5 year old. I mean, you can be successful being a douchebag. However, I'd rather work for/with a Richard Branson than a Donald Trump any day of the week.

Personally I prefer him on Fox TV show HOUSE, over coaching the steelers.

Does any patient get out of that hospital with less than a $500,000 bill? Go in with a hangnail, go out sliced and diced, lumbar punctured, brought near death several times, eventually dying of radiation over-exposure, and... bankrupt?

:doh:

Does any patient get out of that hospital with less than a $500,000 bill? Go in with a hangnail, go out sliced and diced, lumbar punctured, brought near death several times, eventually dying of radiation over-exposure, and... bankrupt?

:doh:

It's a great show, but that's always been my question about it. House is supposedly a genius and miracle worker when it comes to diagnosing people, but his first 3 or 4 diagnoses are ALWAYS wrong...how good could he be? And how is he not fired yet?

Why does everyone think that getting angry and pissed off is some kind of management/coaching panacea? Maybe it's the blue collar background of Buffalo that influences Buffalo fans. There are plenty of ways to motivate people that don't equate to throwing a grown-up temper tantrum.

If you had a boss that yelled at you, you would tell them to F### Off. People don't want to be ruled/coached/governed by someone who has all the emotional control of a 5 year old. I mean, you can be successful being a douchebag. However, I'd rather work for/with a Richard Branson than a Donald Trump any day of the week.

I recommend using the air-horn on their fat-asses!

/Gregggggggg Williams>

Trent Edwards after win over Raiders: "Our head coach I feel is one of the best in this business. I wanna win for my teammates in there, but more so I want to win for my head coach. I think a lot of other guys in that locker room have that same feeling that I do about Coach Jauron and that's just because of the style he is and the style person he is and what he brings to the table everyday for us. It's just a pleasure to be a player under him."

Thread over.

For every coach that has success being a fiery yelling kick butt guy I can name 5 that aren't and are more successful. I'm thinkin' Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Mike Holmgren, Bud Grant, Tony Dungy, Joe Gibbs, Don Shula, Forest Gregg, Red Miller, Dan Reeves, Bill Walsh, Jack Siefert, Mike Shanahan, Tom Flores ...

Tom Landry was always mellow and cerebral on the sidelines, but his players always said you wanted to do your job well because you didn't want to cross Tom.

Hollering Rah Rah coaches are fun, but not necessarily any better due to their antics.

I don't like Tomlin. He puts on this tough guy act that doesn't seem sincere to me at all. (e.g., when some Steeler was called for holding, yelling ten times, "who was it? who was it?"). His PC's are filled with cliches, tough guy talk, and a bunch of "no comments." I wonder how he does when the Steelers are down.

I'll take a smart, even-keeled coach over a tough-talker any day of the week.