2008-9 Syracuse University Basketball Thread

bills44

VT coach Seth Greenburg on College Gameday talking about why the ACC is the best conference.

Seth -

A) You're wasting your time since there are no bubble teams in the Big East.

B) Try beating Seton Hall next year.

Year-in and year-out, the ACC is the best conference in college hoops.

This year, though, it's very hard to argue the ACC being better than the Big East.

While I know the issue with it, I still miss the early season tournament between the Big East and the ACC...that was the way to start up interest in college hoops, from day #1 of the season.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is an elite basketball conference, no doubt. "Year in and year out the best" is ridiculous. Every year there is the team that "played UNC or Duke tough" in the conf. tournament and gets sucked off by Vitale & Patrick. They did it again today with FSU - "A Sweet 16 team without a doubt" - whatever - they said the same thing about Clemson last year and they got rolled by Villanova in the 1st round.

i thought teams couldn't play at home, how do UNC, Duke and 'Nova get 'home' games?

I think you answered your own question. Home and "home" are two different things.

Glad to get the #3 we deserved.

Illinois and ASU should be flipped at 5/6 - I'm not too thrilled about that as a 2nd round match-up but then again, none of the 6's are easy outs. I think we can take OU if we get there.

You are right about the #6's. ASU, WVU, and Marquette all have Elite 8 potential.

Full strength? Absolutely.

Without James? I don't know about that...

I think their losing streak is a little overstated given that they’ve had to play three #1 seeds and two #3’s. @Pitt they got romped but @L’ville, Uconn, Nova, and Cuse were all very close games. I give them a decent shot vs. Mizzou but don’t see them beating Memphis.

I think their losing streak is a little overstated given that they’ve had to play three #1 seeds and two #3’s. @Pitt they got romped but @L’ville, Uconn, Nova, and Cuse were all very close games. I give them a decent shot vs. Mizzou but don’t see them beating Memphis.

Agreed. I really like Marquette, even without James. I haven't seen Missouri play, so I'm hesitant to pencil Marquette in--but I like Marquette and WVU as sleepers in this tournament.