The brightside....yes there still is one...

Big Turk

I am going to try and lay out some bright points here:

1) We have a pretty easy schedule---KC, SFO, Cleveland----this might be the best thing....

2) The offense is still moving the ball. I would be really worried if they were continuously going 3 and out and punting, but they aren't...they are still routinely getting into opposition territory----they just need to do a better job when they are there of protecting the ball and coming away with points(preferably TD's).

3) We have a pretty easy schedule---seriously, this schedule is pretty easy...

4) Trent will not play this poorly much longer----IMHO, he is much better than he has played the past few weeks---wondering if he is still having any lingering effects from the concussion---he seems a step slow out there in processing things....

5) The OL can't run block any worse----if there is ANY improvement in this area, it will help out tremendously---I mean 30 yards at home?? Gimme a break....

6) We have a pretty easy schedule....One of our opponents is starting a bad 3rd string QB(Thigpen), another has a coach more interested in finding out who told the media he mooned the team at halftime than he is in winning games(SFO), and the other team just sucks(CLE)...even with a loss to NE next week, we should be 8-4 after 12 games...we are not going to get swept in the division, so add at least 2 more wins, and we have 10...

There ya go, the Bills make the playoffs at 10-6...

I thought Derek Fine played pretty well...maybe the first steps toward replacing Robert Royal?

He made a couple of nice catches (one along the sideline and one over the middle come to mind), plus the TD. Even Royal was making catches to move the ball. The TEs will improve.

The schedule helps us, but the KC & SF games are on the road. Despite how bad those teams are, they're bound to win a couple more soon. The coaches better be prepared.

But I think matter2003 made a big point....the offense is moving the ball, but committing turnovers. Take those away and maybe we're 7-1 right now.

He made a couple of nice catches (one along the sideline and one over the middle come to mind), plus the TD. Even Royal was making catches to move the ball. The TEs will improve.

The schedule helps us, but the KC & SF games are on the road. Despite how bad those teams are, they're bound to win a couple more soon. The coaches better be prepared.

But I think matter2003 made a big point....the offense is moving the ball, but committing turnovers. Take those away and maybe we're 7-1 right now.

Fine made some nice catches and in both cases the ball was over his head. Trent seems to be missing his touch a little seems like alot of passes off the mark

The SF game is at home.

Tough to win at Arrowhead unless the opposing QB is named Brody Croyle.

I am going to try and lay out some bright points here:

1) We have a pretty easy schedule---KC, SFO, Cleveland----this might be the best thing....

2) The offense is still moving the ball. I would be really worried if they were continuously going 3 and out and punting, but they aren't...they are still routinely getting into opposition territory----they just need to do a better job when they are there of protecting the ball and coming away with points(preferably TD's).

3) We have a pretty easy schedule---seriously, this schedule is pretty easy...

4) Trent will not play this poorly much longer----IMHO, he is much better than he has played the past few weeks---wondering if he is still having any lingering effects from the concussion---he seems a step slow out there in processing things....

5) The OL can't run block any worse----if there is ANY improvement in this area, it will help out tremendously---I mean 30 yards at home?? Gimme a break....

6) We have a pretty easy schedule....One of our opponents is starting a bad 3rd string QB(Thigpen), another has a coach more interested in finding out who told the media he mooned the team at halftime than he is in winning games(SFO), and the other team just sucks(CLE)...even with a loss to NE next week, we should be 8-4 after 12 games...we are not going to get swept in the division, so add at least 2 more wins, and we have 10...

There ya go, the Bills make the playoffs at 10-6...

how can you possibly assume we will beat anyone right now? we are 1 & 3 in our last 4. our Oline is getting buried, our QB unsure, defense turning into a mash-unit, running game non-existent .... come on get real

how can you possibly assume we will beat anyone right now? we are 1 & 3 in our last 4. our Oline is getting buried, our QB unsure, defense turning into a mash-unit, running game non-existent .... come on get real

Because every team that is not a dominant team goes through stretches like this. Look around the AFC, it's a weak-ass conference outside of a couple of teams, and the playoff spots are anyone's to grab.

Seriously, look around at our competition for the division/wild card spot. Do you think they're not going to hit rough patches? The real measure of a team is how they rebound. If the Bills just go into a tailspin, I'll be disappointed.

Cause those teams are much worse than us....

SF and KC are arguably the two worst teams that we will face all season. And SF is a home game. 8-8 basically concedes we will get swept by the division. Look at the history in this division. That is nearly impossible unless someone goes 16-0. So assuming we just play at our heads, we should be at least 9-7. If we can get our swagger back (not sure what it will take for that to happen though). None of it matters though, if we lose next week we will likely miss the playoffs but if we win then obviously that changes everything. So basically everything rests on next week's game.