Seriously, its time to get off your knees

stevestojan

Let me preface this by saying I fully understand that Bledsoe isnt the only problem on this team. However, he has not had a good game since early last year.

To all of you who have this weird infatuation with him, ask yourself this question (and answer in honestly):

If the guy getting the ball snapped to him was named "Johnson" instead of "Bledsoe" was playing, and playing EXACTLY how this dope is playing, would you STILL keep DIGGING for reasons why he should still be in there?

Someone said "Why do you think Matthews would be better?" Folks, there is absolutly no way he could be worse.

The past two weeks, he has had at least 15 times a game where he had a GOOD 4.5 seconds, and nothing.

Listen, I have said this before, but I'll say it again, I know everyone wanted him to be the Savior when he came here. There was alot of excitement because of his name.

He is NOT as good as those letters - B-L-E-D-S-O-E spell out. He was great. The keyword is WAS. He will NEVER be that good again.

If you say "he needs time". Well, guess what? If you put an arena football QB behind a perfect OLine, he will succeed. NO ONE HAS A PERFECT LINE.

The great QBs are the ones that deal with being rushed, know where to look to get a quick short reception, or MOVE out of the way to buy time to go downfield.

Give it up people. He isn't it. He never will. He had a decent career; in New England.

Someone said "Why do you think Matthews would be better?"  Folks, there is absolutly no way he could be worse.

You say that now, but do you remember Fiedler's passes in RWS just two weeks ago? It could be worse, far worse.

CW

You say that now, but do you remember Fiedler's passes in RWS just two weeks ago?  It could be worse, far worse.

CW

84295[/snapback]

Yo Fez... FYI, Matthews carrer QB rating aint that much different from Bledsoe's... and Matthews didn't pad his stats behind a line that featured Bruce Armstrong and Dave Wolobaugh and a running back like Curtis Martin, Tight end like Ben Coates, and a wr like Terry Glenn.

At worst things would be the same under Matthews.

Anyway, the curtain comes down on the Bledsoe era after he blows the New England game on 11/14. At that point, with a 1-8 record and 3 home games left, Bledsoe will be playing before any empty house at the Ralph... enter J.P Losman to put bodies back in the seats... mark it down... 11/21... the Rams.

Listen, I have said this before, but I'll say it again, I know everyone wanted him to be the Savior when he came here. There was alot of excitement because of his name.

84290[/snapback]

Not everyone. I was vehemently against acquiring him, as I am now against sticking with him.

He was great.

84290[/snapback]

I respectfully disagree. He was above average, at best, and never scared me when he played against the Bills. Now there are no words to describe how much he stinks. Worse, he's too ignorant to even see what a laughingstock he has become.

To put it in perspective, just imagine how much we'd all be gloating if the Dolphins had traded for Bledsoe instead of the Bills. We'd be snickering up our sleeves and hoping he stayed there a long, long time so we could pummel them twice a year.

Guest Guest_rolly_*
Not everyone. I was vehemently against acquiring him, as I am now against sticking with him.

I respectfully disagree. He was above average, at best, and never scared me when he played against the Bills. Now there are no words to describe how much he stinks. Worse, he's too ignorant to even see what a laughingstock he has become.

To put it in perspective, just imagine how much we'd all be gloating if the Dolphins had traded for Bledsoe instead of the Bills. We'd be snickering up our sleeves and hoping he stayed there a long, long time so we could pummel them twice a year.

84329[/snapback]

dude, he's like 10th on the all time passing list

There are plenty of things that could be worse:

They could lose 15 of the next 17 road games.

They could lose 8 of the next 9 overall.

They could go 7 games out of 16 without an offensive TD.

They could turn the ball over 5 times with 0 TD's.

They could lose 5 of 6 to start a season.

They could make a once proud home field the most unintimidating place to play.

They could give up 1 TD defensively and still lose 4 times.

They could have 7, 0, 10, 0, 0, and 3 offensive points at halftime after 6 games.

They could have a pathetic record vs. division oppononents - home and away.

They could lead the league in sacks every year.

They could suck in the redzone.

They could flat out suck and be the laughing stock of the entire league.

Oh wait....uhhh....nevermind :blush:

Well, maybe they could lose 16 of the next 17 road games. Now THAT would be a disaster.

84329[/snapback]

That really does sum it up Moose. No team fears playing the Bills. We are the Cardinals and Bengals. :blush:

We didn't get the Bills game in our area. We got the Detroit Lions/NY Giants game. I watched Joey Harrington have an insane day going 18 of 22, 230 yards and 2 TDs.

I defy anyone to tell me that Joey freaking Harrington had/has more "weapons" to work with than Bledsoe in the past three years. The Lions are 4-2. THE FREAKING DETROIT LIONS ARE 4 AND 2!!!!! Mother-&*(^%$#.

They could have 7, 0, 10, 0, 0, and 3 offensive points at halftime after 6 games.

84356[/snapback]

I just realized....that's actually a generous fact. The TD vs. Jacksonville was after an int deep in their territory. The FG yesterday was after a fumble at the 22 yard line. The TD vs. NE came after Moorman ran for a 1st down on a botched punt. Yesterday they had an int returned for a TD.

Basically, our offense has generated negative points in 6 first halves this year. :blush:

We need to stop this Bledsoe/Matthews crazy talk.

Losman is the future, and until he's ready to start, the Bills are in waiting mode.

Bledsoe or Matthews might win a couple games in the interim, but neither is going to drive this team to the playoffs.

Bledsoe? Matthews? Who cares?

When Losman is healthy, he starts. Give Evans and McGahee as much experience as possible. Spend the rest of the season getting J.P. ready, Leftwich style, and then line it up next year.

I'm not sure how many games the Bills will win doing this, but with 5 conference losses, the season is pretty much cooked.

I just realized....that's actually a generous fact.  The TD vs. Jacksonville was after an int deep in their territory.  The FG yesterday was after a fumble at the 22 yard line.  The TD vs. NE came after Moorman ran for a 1st down on a botched punt.  Yesterday they had an int returned for a TD.

Basically, our offense has generated negative points in 6 first halves this year.  :blush:

84391[/snapback]

In some ways, their ineptitude is comforting. We don't have to worry about wins, because there won't be any playoffs this year for us. We don't have to worry about losses, or secretly hope for the losses to pile up, because we won't even benefit from a high first-round draft choice. In some ways, this is the perfect season. No pressure...just sit back, get loaded, and laugh at those Wacky, Care-free Buffalo Bills.

We need to stop this Bledsoe/Matthews crazy talk.

Losman is the future, and until he's ready to start, the Bills are in waiting mode.

Bledsoe or Matthews might win a couple games in the interim, but neither is going to drive this team to the playoffs.

Bledsoe? Matthews?  Who cares?

When Losman is healthy, he starts.  Give Evans and McGahee as much experience as possible.  Spend the rest of the season getting J.P. ready, Leftwich style, and then line it up next year.

I'm not sure how many games the Bills will win doing this, but with 5 conference losses, the season is pretty much cooked.

84413[/snapback]

Absolutely, positively correct. Putting in Matthews could quite possibly be the single most idiotic idea right now. It has absolutely NO upside and all downside. We know where our team stands now and while some would argue "how could Matthews be worse," it is painfully obvious to anyone who watches this game that playing Matthews changes EVERYTHING because you have to pull plays, dumb down the offense, and JP is left watching an etch-a-sketch version of what he will ultimately see as a QB.

You keep your lead QB in, keep Losman on the sidelines by his hip at all times, and when we are completely out of it in another couple of weeks, put Losman in and let him get ready for next year.

Matthews is an emergency backup available only when everyone else on the team who can throw a football drops dead on the field.

Guest Guest_rolly_*
Vinny T is high on that list too, is he a great QB?

84350[/snapback]

1. Dan Marino - 61,361

2. John Elway - 51,475

3. Warren Moon - 49,325

4. Fran Tarkenton - 47,003

5. Brett Favre, Green Bay - 45,726

6. Dan Fouts - 43,040

7. Vinny Testaverde, Dallas - 40,943

8. Joe Montana - 40,551

9. Johnny Unitas - 40,239

10. Dave Krieg - 38,147

11. Drew Bledsoe, Buffalo - 37,920

12. Boomer Esiason - 36,879

13. Jim Kelly - 35,467

14. Jim Everett - 34,837

15. Jim Hart - 34,665

16. Steve DeBerg - 34,241

17. John Hadl - 33,503

18. Phil Simms - 33,462

19. Steve Young - 33,124

20. Troy Aikman - 32,942

there's the list, bledsoe-#11 soon to be #10

This has nothing to do with how he is playing now, I'm just responding to a post about his career as a whole. you have to give hime some credit for having a solid career as a quarterback.

We can end this Matthews vs Bledsoe debate by letting Shane start a game and see what happens. I think what people fear more is Matthews outplaying Bledsoe. Bledsoe's performance is a huge black mark on Tom Donahoe's "genius" resume. Every week he looks more like rube for getting swindled by the Patriots. If Shane Matthews threw for 3 TD's and 300+ yards with the same Bills offense, that would just be the cherry on the sundae.

PTR

1. Dan Marino - 61,361

2. John Elway - 51,475

3. Warren Moon - 49,325

4. Fran Tarkenton - 47,003

5. Brett Favre, Green Bay - 45,726

6. Dan Fouts - 43,040

7. Vinny Testaverde, Dallas - 40,943

8. Joe Montana - 40,551

9. Johnny Unitas - 40,239

10. Dave Krieg - 38,147

11. Drew Bledsoe, Buffalo - 37,920

12. Boomer Esiason - 36,879

13. Jim Kelly - 35,467

14. Jim Everett - 34,837

15. Jim Hart - 34,665

16. Steve DeBerg - 34,241

17. John Hadl - 33,503

18. Phil Simms - 33,462

19. Steve Young - 33,124

20. Troy Aikman - 32,942 

there's the list, bledsoe-#11 soon to be #10

This has nothing to do with how he is playing now, I'm just responding to a post about his career as a whole. you have to give hime some credit for having a solid career as a quarterback.

84439[/snapback]

Stats lie. Look at that list. Yeah, there are a lot of Hall of Famers, but there are a lot of journeymen as well who racked up big numbers by playing from behind their whole careers. The only stats that matter are wins and rings, baby.

PTR

We can end this Matthews vs Bledsoe debate by letting Shane start a game and see what happens.  I think what people fear more is Matthews outplaying Bledsoe.  Bledsoe's performance is a huge black mark on Tom Donahoe's "genius" resume.  Every week he looks more like rube for getting swindled by the Patriots.  If Shane Matthews threw for 3 TD's and 300+ yards with the same Bills offense, that would just be the cherry on the sundae.

PTR

84443[/snapback]

There is absolutely nothing Matthews could do right now that would help this team get better. Putting in Matthews would simply allow a handful of people to say "I was right, you were wrong" on either side of the coin, and that does nothing to advance your team.

Two more losses and we're done. If Losman is healthy, see what he can do. If Losman can get six, seven or even eight games under his belt this year, THAT advances your team.

Matthews does nothing but appease those who need immediate gratification.

Stats lie.  Look at that list.  Yeah, there are a lot of Hall of Famers, but there are a lot of journeymen as well who racked up big numbers by playing from behind their whole careers.  The only stats that matter are wins and rings, baby.

PTR

84452[/snapback]

Who in the top-10 list wouldn't you have wanted on your team?

Maybe Testaverde. MAYBE... But he played a lot of years in Tampa Bay (who had a worse team than the current Bills, amazingly enough). After Tampa, he did very well if I recall. No Superbowls, but still played well.

CW

There is absolutely nothing Matthews could do right now that would help this team get better. Putting in Matthews would simply allow a handful of people to say "I was right, you were wrong" on either side of the coin, and that does nothing to advance your team.

Two more losses and we're done. If Losman is healthy, see what he can do. If Losman can get six, seven or even eight games under his belt this year, THAT advances your team.

Matthews does nothing but appease those who need immediate gratification.

84458[/snapback]

Considering how people feel when the Bills win a game, isn't it worth a try? I'm not saying that Matthews will lead them to victory, but I can guarentee the Bills lose every game Bledsoe starts! You can always put Drew back in if Matthews plays worse, although that's hard to imagine. This is "garbage time" now people. The season is O-V-E-R!

PTR