ONLY A FEW PLAYS THAT WENT WRONG...

deep2evans

1. McIntyre's whiff of a block - Trent's fumble

2. Jackson dropping the screen.

3. Edwards pick 6

4. Failed 4 & 1 attempt - why didn't we run it on 3rd????

If these plays go differently, we are looking at a potential 10 point victory. However, hindsight is 20/20 and we got beat. The problem is, I can't figure out what this all means? Do we just suck at executing? Are we still too young and inexperienced to not beat ourselves? Someone help me out here.

3. Edwards pick 6

If these plays go differently, we are looking at a potential 10 point victory. However, hindsight is 20/20 and we got beat. The problem is, I can't figure out what this all means? Do we just suck at executing? Are we still too young and inexperienced to not beat ourselves? Someone help me out here.

On 4th and 1, I was screaming spread the field with 5 WRs and let Trent sneak it. We can't run the ball at all when they stack the line and we try to out muscle them.

3. Edwards pick 6

The saddest thing about this game is Mangini got a 10-point swing for his extremely inept decision to take that penalty on the third down. The whole premise of taking the penalty is the assumption that you will stop them on third and longer. They didn't and he was still rewarded. Absolutely ridiculous.

On 4th and 1, I was screaming spread the field with 5 WRs and let Trent sneak it. We can't run the ball at all when they stack the line and we try to out muscle them.

I think that they are 'afraid' to let Trent sneak. Only answer to that play call that I can come up with.

I think that they are 'afraid' to let Trent sneak. Only answer to that play call that I can come up with.

Where is the creativity? After Turk mixed it up during the first month we have been vanilla as hell the last two weeks with 1 or 2 exceptions a game. I know Hardy's a rookie and has had the dropsies but throw the guy a slant for God's sake. They were giving him a cushion all game. He's never going to learn if you give up on him so quickly. How many pitches, counters, reverses did we see today? I can't recall any...far too vanilla to be productive...

3. Edwards pick 6

Also, if our defense holds the Jets on that last drive and gets the ball back, the outcome may have been very different. The biggest difference between this game and the close games that we won earlier in the season is our defense's inability to come up big when we needed it.

3. Edwards pick 6

It's a stupid cliche but it means we're not as good as everyone thinks after a win or as bad after a loss.

We'll be fine if we quit making mistakes, but obviously not good enough to have much margin for error.

3. Edwards pick 6

Tgat;s like saying they only had a few more points then we did...otherwise we win the game

We are talking about a yard. A GODDAMN YARD! I actually have hate for the members of our o-line. Watching Whittle get blown up on one of Jenkins' sacks was one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

It wasn't even a full yard...it was maybe a few inches....either way to have the ball for over 16 minutes and not get a single point...that to me told me we were going to lose.

Greer's pick-6 gave me hope, then the defense got ran over like a one legged possum on a freeway. Just bad.

There's always next week...