Is the board going to be overrun

bills44

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" variety?

Face it - the team has taken a serious step backwards. Defense can't stop anyone, and does not seem to adjust mid-game to respond to the opponents. The defense still can't tackle.

The offense has become painfully predictable, and seems unable to complete a pass 30+ yards downfield. Edwards seems to have lost confidence.

Don't get me started on the coaching, and the painfully poor use of TOs/replay challenges

Oh, and the team is 0-2 in the division.

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" type posts?

Face it - the team has taken a serious step backwards. Defense can't stop anyone, and does not seem to adjust mid-game to respond to the opponents. The defense still can't tackle.

The offense has become painfully predictable, and seems unable to complete a pass 30+ yards downfield. Edwards seems to have lost confidence.

Don't get me started on the coaching, and the painfully poor use of TOs/replay challenges

They have taken a big step backwards, to be sure. Fewell isn't making any attempt to change the defensive scheme when the Bills are getting ripped with the passing game and the offensive line, which is where it all starts, or stops, is just ponderous. They couldn't even make a 6 inch push on 4th and inches. This team is not showing the ability to make any changes on offense or defense and that does not bode well.

with posts of the "Hey people, the Bills are fine", and "If I was told before the season that the Bills would be 5-3 after 8 games" type posts?

I'm sure you will have your fair amount of ooober homers that will sing that tune. They will be the same ones that IF the Bills lose against NE, will say "at least we're still above .500". The fact is, it's absolutely disgusting that this team has dropped 3 out of 4 games. Two of them, (Miami and NYJ) were teams that won a COMBINED 5 games last season. But some fans have the rose colored glasses permanently attached to their faces. They will go down singing that ever optimistic tune, just like the band on the Titanic.

...this was a HOME game. A HOME game. We should have won. This is the type of loss that's going to sink into this team. Especially after the LOSS at Miami last week.

1/2 way through the season and I think the best is behind us.

Chalk this loss up to Fewell's inability or unwillingness to make any defensive changes and the offensive line's inability to produce any kind of a running game. My Yami and the Jets dinked and dunked us to death and Fewell did nothing to stop it.

I'm sure you will have your fair amount of ooober homers that will sing that tune. They will be the same ones that IF the Bills lose against NE, will say "at least we're still above .500". The fact is, it's absolutely disgusting that this team has dropped 3 out of 4 games. Two of them, (Miami and NYJ) were teams that won a COMBINED 5 games last season. But some fans have the rose colored glasses permanently attached to their faces. They will go down singing that ever optimistic tune, just like the band on the Titanic.

Then dude I'm with the band.

The Bills have not beat a team this year with a winning record. Sound familiar? At some point, if you're a playoff team, you have to beat teams with winning records. I don't believe Jauron has a single win against a team with a winning record yet in Buffalo. Maybe 1or 2 back in '06. Somehow though, that record earns you a nice contract extension.

That's a problem that DJ and company are not going to be able to get away from.

Jets and Phins walking right past the Bills, and this is just the start.

Jets didn't win this game so much as the Bills lost it

- fumble leading to FG - 3 pt adv Jets

- Bills going in for TD when receiver slips, Jets return for TD - 14 pt swing for Jets

- Lindell makes 53 yd FG into wind and misses a 40 some yarder - wash

- several sacks of Edwards

- 9 pt loss

When we had the momentum in the 1st hald, we didn't do anything with it. This is 2nd week where a series of mistakes and errors cost us the game. Gotta win the division games or we don't have any hope of getting into the playoffs. Let's hope they're ready for the Pats next week...

- Bills going in for TD when receiver slips, Jets return for TD - 14 pt swing for Jets

- 9 pt loss

When we had the momentum in the 1st hald, we didn't do anything with it. This is 2nd week where a series of mistakes and errors cost us the game. Gotta win the division games or we don't have any hope of getting into the playoffs. Let's hope they're ready for the Pats next week...

...Well it looks like they're going into Foxboro with a full head of steam. :thumbdown:

I guess some of us are just Bills Fans For Life...what a bunch of rerards, huh? :thumbdown:

BTW- how long have some of you been watching football...the panic that sets in, after a loss, has always been extreme, particularly when your team is not awful. This years Bills team is better than last years, but, they may not be ready to win the Super Bowl, as so many NumNuts4Life had anticipated, after a 4-0 start. Lets' let the season play out, before we fire everyone, bench anyone we can't fire, and move the team to Toronto...what if they go 10-6? That might not even guarantee them a playoff spot, but don't you think you, and other "diehard4Life" will feel like they are on the right track? Truth is, this team is decent, can compete with other teams for the first time in some years, but they still have major flaws...not unlike 31 other teams in the league...

I guess some of us are just Bills Fans For Life...what a bunch of rerards, huh? :thumbdown:

BTW- how long have some of you been watching football...the panic that sets in, after a loss, has always been extreme, particularly when your team is not awful. This years Bills team is better than last years, but, they may not be ready to win the Super Bowl, as so many NumNuts4Life had anticipated, after a 4-0 start. Lets' let the season play out, before we fire everyone, bench anyone we can't fire, and move the team to Toronto...what if they go 10-6? That might not even guarantee them a playoff spot, but don't you think you, and other "diehard4Life" will feel like they are on the right track? Truth is, this team is decent, can compete with other teams for the first time in some years, but they still have major flaws...not unlike 31 other teams in the league...

So, what are you saying? That I should be doing freaking cartwheels that we just lost back-to-back division games?

One at home in front of a crowd that deserved a much better performance. The other to a Miami team that blew up their roster last season and are in the infancy of a rebuilding process. This doesn't sit well with me. Sorry if I don't embrace defeat as willingly as you do.

So, what are you saying? That I should be doing freaking cartwheels that we just lost back-to-back division games?

One at home in front of a crowd that deserved a much better performance. The other to a Miami team that blew up their roster last season and are in the infancy of a rebuilding process. This doesn't sit well with me. Sorry if I don't embrace defeat as willingly as you do.

I think the point is that you don't have the right to insult those of us who decide to remain optimistic about something we've become so emotionally tied to.

Aren't we all "oober homers?" If you weren't an uber-Bills fan, what the hell are you doing on this board?

How is their win/loss record last season relevant today?

- 9 pt loss

I laughed when Boomer Esiason said the same thing: "The Bills are really trying to give this game away"