Exactly what has Senator Obama done for Chicago, Illinois?

"Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in CHICAGO, 221 killed in IRAQ."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/1..._senate_wh.html

If this guy is so BRILLIANT as an Illinois US Senator, a former State Senator, a former community organizer, WHY IS HIS OWN CITY OF CHICAGO THE MURDER CAPITAL OF THIS COUNTRY?

Any of you Obama supporters ever ask yourselves why doesn't he help clean up his own back yard before he takes on this country's problems?

"Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in CHICAGO, 221 killed in IRAQ."

If this guy is so BRILLIANT as an Illinois US Senator, a former State Senator, a former community organizer, WHY IS HIS OWN CITY OF CHICAGO THE MURDER CAPITAL OF THIS COUNTRY?

Any of you Obama supporters ever ask yourselves why doesn't he help clean up his own back yard before he takes on this country's problems?

loose gun laws

Serious question. Is it the responsibility of a state Senator (or the PotUSA) to control the murder rate in a major city?

I just want to make sure we're blaming the right guy here.

Sorry, but you did ask...

SEN. Barack Obama

SEN. Dick Durbin

REP. Jesse Jackson, Jr

GOV. Rod Bolgojevich

HOUSE LEADER: Mike MaDigan

ATTY. GEN Lisa Madigan

MAYOR Richard Daly

...all Democrats my friend.

Sorry, but you did ask...

SEN. Barack Obama

SEN. Dick Durbin

REP. Jesse Jackson, Jr

GOV. Rod Bolgojevich

HOUSE LEADER: Mike MaDigan

ATTY. GEN Lisa Madigan

MAYOR Richard Daly

...all Democrats my friend.

That is certainly sad if true. But I'll ask again..is it a state Senator's (or the PotUSA) job to control the crime rate of a major city?

This is the kind of silly rational I see from smart people when it comes to politics.

It makes as much sense as me saying what has McCain done for Arizona? There are illegal aliens filling every corner parking lot looking for day work. Why doesn't he take care of the immigrant problem in Arizona before he takes on the country's problems.

I think it a ridiculous comment to make, but is just as ridiculous as yours.

Elections should be about issues and as I said, even intelligent people seem to lose track of that in the vigor of expressing their support for one candidate over another. A US Senator does not affect the murder rate of a city in the state he represents.

This is the kind of silly rational I see from smart people when it comes to politics.

It makes as much sense as me saying what has McCain done for Arizona? There are illegal aliens filling every corner parking lot looking for day work. Why doesn't he take care of the immigrant problem in Arizona before he takes on the country's problems.

I think it a ridiculous comment to make, but is just as ridiculous as yours.

Elections should be about issues and as I said, even intelligent people seem to lose track of that in the vigor of expressing their support for one candidate over another. A US Senator does not affect the murder rate of a city in the state he represents.

What if he supports disarming the good people of his city and turning everyone into potential victims?

What if he supports disarming the good people of his city and turning everyone into potential victims?

But that wasn't the point of the original post.

Are we playing word association.....

Murder.......Dead

Dead..... Gun

Gun....... OBAMA WANTS TO TAKE OUR GUNS!!!!!

See now this befuddles me because to the Average Joe it seems like the most obvious things that Obama could do is to legislate for stricter gun control and an increased funding to social programs to keep people out of trouble and off the street. These are two things that Repubs would typically not support. So what are some example of things that Repubs would approve of that Obama (or Durbin or Jackson) should do at the Federal level to fix the problem? Send in the military?

A US Senator does not affect the murder rate of a city in the state he represents.

But Barack Obama has been billed as an inspirational and transformational figure. He worked his way up the ladder from Chicago community organizer to Illinois State Senator to Illinois US Senator. These are his constituents. Why isn't he held accountable for this deplorable statistic? Chicago, with all of their "great" african american leadership in that city, has the biggest murder rate in the country. They have more killings in Chicago than the entire country of Iraq. So what you're saying is that he isn't an inspirational figure in his own city? He has no ability to help stem the tide of bloodshed? What about his leg-tingling presence and sweeping oratory? This guy can't even be bothered to help save his own city.

Let's compare the 2007 murder rates per 100k people in each of the candidate's states:

Illinois: 5.9

Delaware: 4.3

vs

Arizona: 7.4

Alaska: 6.4

So based on the states they represent, and since you think they should have a direct influence on the numbers, it looks like McCain/Palin have some work to do to get down to the Obama/Biden rates.

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/

But Barack Obama has been billed as an inspirational and transformational figure. He worked his way up the ladder from Chicago community organizer to Illinois State Senator to Illinois US Senator. These are his constituents. Why isn't he held accountable for this deplorable statistic? Chicago, with all of their "great" african american leadership in that city, has the biggest murder rate in the country. They have more killings in Chicago than the entire country of Iraq. So what you're saying is that he isn't an inspirational figure in his own city? He has no ability to help stem the tide of bloodshed? What about his leg-tingling presence and sweeping oratory? This guy can't even be bothered to help save his own city.

More word association I see.....

Obama....... transformational figure

transformational figure......... everything he touches should be touched by god.

murder's in Chicago aren't going for it........ OBAMA'S A FRAUD!!!!!

I again cannot understand why intelligent people make their decisions based on crazy rhetoric, buzz words and irrational arguments like the one above.

If you feel people are voting for Obama because of misplaced impressions of him, make a real argument, don't spew rhetoric that lowers you to their level of intelligence.

Your posts make it sound like you are upset that people are inspired by Obama for whatever reason, valid or not, where maybe what you should really be upset about is that fact that the other candidate has NOT been able to inspire in the same way.

More word association I see.....

Obama....... transformational figure

transformational figure......... everything he touches should be touched by god.

murder's in Chicago aren't going for it........ OBAMA'S A FRAUD!!!!!

I again cannot understand why intelligent people make their decisions based on crazy rhetoric, buzz words and irrational arguments like the one above.

If you feel people are voting for Obama because of misplaced impressions of him, make a real argument, don't spew rhetoric that lowers you to their level of intelligence.

Your posts make it sound like you are upset that people are inspired by Obama for whatever reason, valid or not, where maybe what you should really be upset about is that fact that the other candidate has NOT been able to inspire in the same way.

I dont want inspiration I want performance.

Actually the line I like the best is OBAMA'S A FRAUD. :ph34r: