UB vs Ohio on ESPNU

PromoTheRobot

UB-32 Ohio -19 7:22 left 4Q.

PTR

I've been following the GameTracker at NCAA.com. I couldn't find one stream on any of the streaming TV sites, I know. Seems like a fun game.

I've been following the GameTracker at NCAA.com. I couldn't find one stream on any of the streaming TV sites, I know. Seems like a fun game.

UB wins 32-19. Sloppy game in bad weather. Was looking like UB was going to blow another two TD lead in the 4th but luckily Ohio was an even bigger clown show tonight.

James Starks was a stud: 35 for 185 w/ 2 TD's including a 52 yarder to ice the game.

PTR

At 4-4, 2-2 in the MAC they 'll need to win at least 3 of the last 4 to win the MAC East division... And they'll need those 3W to get a bowl invitation too i think...

You are correct on both counts. At 4-4 (2-2 in division) they are tied for 1st in the MAC East. The power all seems to be the West. They need to be 6-6 to be bowl eligible. 7-5 would cinch it. I think there is a real preference to get UB into the Internatioal Bowl in Toronto.

PTR

UB wins 32-19. Sloppy game in bad weather. Was looking like UB was going to blow another two TD lead in the 4th but luckily Ohio was an even bigger clown show tonight.

James Starks was a stud: 35 for 185 w/ 2 TD's including a 52 yarder to ice the game.

PTR

Watched the game and UB played a good offensive game, but their D was pretty bad. They were very fortunate that Ohio had numerous miscue's. A fumble on 1st and goal from the 1, an interception that led to a UB FG right before the half, two straight botched FG attempts, and a blocked extra point returned for 2 by UB. But a win is a win and it's great to see them at 4-4 with a big ESPN2 game coming up on election night in which I will be in attendance. Anyone going to Jack's before the game? GO BULLS!!!

You are correct on both counts. At 4-4 (2-2 in division) they are tied for 1st in the MAC East. The power all seems to be the West. They need to be 6-6 to be bowl eligible. 7-5 would cinch it. I think there is a real preference to get UB into the Internatioal Bowl in Toronto.

PTR

Does the MAC have a championship game with the two division winners?

If so, Where does it take place?

Does the MAC have a championship game with the two division winners?

If so, Where does it take place?

Yes they do. They may get to a bowl game but there is noway they are winning the MAC this year. Ball St is heads & shoulders above every other team in this conference. They may get to the championship game but my guess is they will get their lunch handed to them by Ball ST. Ball St is ranked I believe #23 right now & would possibly be BCS eligable this year(top 12 in the bcs standings) if they could of scheduled possibly a team like Ohio St instead of Indiana(& won of course). There is just not enough meat in their schedule to rise up the rankings that high. My guess is they will end their season undefeated(including a bowl win) & be ranked about 14 or 15 when the final polls come out.

On a UB side note. I have went to three games this year(Temple, W Michigan & Army). For those of you that have not had a chance to watch Drew Willy, this kid is a pretty good QB & I think there maybe an outside chance he could get drafted in the later rounds in the spring(I think he is a senior). Kids got good size & an average to decent arm.

Yes they do. They may get to a bowl game but there is noway they are winning the MAC this year. Ball St is heads & shoulders above every other team in this conference. They may get to the championship game but my guess is they will get their lunch handed to them by Ball ST. Ball St is ranked I believe #23 right now & would possibly be BCS eligable this year(top 12 in the bcs standings) if they could of scheduled possibly a team like Ohio St instead of Indiana(& won of course). There is just not enough meat in their schedule to rise up the rankings that high. My guess is they will end their season undefeated(including a bowl win) & be ranked about 14 or 15 when the final polls come out.

On a UB side note. I have went to three games this year(Temple, W Michigan & Army). For those of you that have not had a chance to watch Drew Willy, this kid is a pretty good QB & I think there maybe an outside chance he could get drafted in the later rounds in the spring(I think he is a senior). Kids got good size & an average to decent arm.

I know he has been injured, but do you see Starks going to any NFL camps to get a tryout? He ran for 185 (or so) yesterday. I'm not sure if he is a Junior or a Senior, though.

I know he has been injured, but do you see Starks going to any NFL camps to get a tryout? He ran for 185 (or so) yesterday. I'm not sure if he is a Junior or a Senior, though.

Oh yeah, not sure if he will get drafted but someone will bring him in for a tryout. He is a junior

Ball St is #16 this year. They still might have a chance to be BCS eligible if they run the table and a few other teams ahead of them lose some games.

December 5 - Marathon MAC Football Championship Game, Ford Field, Detroit MI, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

I agree that UB's D is very weak (mostly freshmen.) The power in the MAC is all in the western div. UB has a chance to be the East champ which, let's face it, is another step up for the program. A bowl invite would be the cherry on the sundae. They have to win 3 of 4 to make it to 7-5. There are 3 bowls that MAC teams are usually invited to.

December 26 - Motor City Bowl, Detroit MI, 7:30 p.m. MAC vs Big 10 (ESPN)

January 3 - International Bowl, Toronto ON, Noon. MAC vs Big East (ESPN2)

January 6 - GMAC Bowl, Mobile AL, 8 p.m. MAC vs C-USA (ESPN)

PTR

December 5 - Marathon MAC Football Championship Game, Ford Field, Detroit MI, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

I agree that UB's D is very weak (mostly freshmen.) The power in the MAC is all in the western div. UB has a chance to be the East champ which, let's face it, is another step up for the program. A bowl invite would be the cherry on the sundae. They have to win 3 of 4 to make it to 7-5. There are 3 bowls that MAC teams are usually invited to.

December 26 - Motor City Bowl, Detroit MI, 7:30 p.m. MAC vs Big 10 (ESPN)

January 3 - International Bowl, Toronto ON, Noon. MAC vs Big East (ESPN2)

January 6 - GMAC Bowl, Mobile AL, 8 p.m. MAC vs C-USA (ESPN)

PTR

Toronto and Detroit are short trips for UB fans, could be cool!