Could you say the Titans are the 85 Bears?

Those picks have hurt us big time. And i'll still stick by the fact that what has done in the bills has not been picking DBs early (which, you have to admit, we are remarkably good at) but has been an overall lack of early picks on the OL, from rounds 2-4. But remember, of tennessee's 2nd round DE picks, 2 are no longer with the team. (odom and laboy signed elsewhere as FAs last offseason, both receiving contracts almost matching kelsay's)

Then thing is, we play far more games in cold weather where passing would seem less important. Still, it is what it is. What will be truly telling will be the 09 draft. If Jauron continues to chase defensive backs with our precious early picks, chances are that we will not be able to take our game to the next level.

Then thing is, we play far more games in cold weather where passing would seem less important. Still, it is what it is. What will be truly telling will be the 09 draft. If Jauron continues to chase defensive backs with our precious early picks, chances are that we will not be able to take our game to the next level.

So you're saying if we draft DB, OL, DL, OL, thats a failure?

Tough to make assessments on next year's draft before we go through the offseason. But even if we draft another DB in round 1, its not going to prevent us from getting better. OL value is more in rounds 2-4 than in round 1.

So you're saying if we draft DB, OL, DL, OL, thats a failure?

Tough to make assessments on next year's draft before we go through the offseason. But even if we draft another DB in round 1, its not going to prevent us from getting better. OL value is more in rounds 2-4 than in round 1.

The DT position has been neglected, and the 1st rounder we did pick is horrible. If Stroud goes down, we have huge problems. Our DEs are no longer young, and they aren't getting in. Our starting TE can't catch a cold, and we don't have a center. At guard, our backup (Whittle) is on death's door every 10 minutes in terms of getting injured, and the jury is still out on Butler. All of these problems on a cold weather team.

Yeah....let's grab another 1st round defensive back. :nana:

The DT position has been neglected, and the 1st rounder we did pick is horrible. If Stroud goes down, we have huge problems. Our DEs are no longer young, and they aren't getting in. Our starting TE can't catch a cold, and we don't have a center. At guard, our backup (Whittle) is on death's door every 10 minutes in terms of getting injured, and the jury is still out on Butler. All of these problems on a cold weather team.

Yeah....let's grab another 1st round defensive back. :nana:

I'm not saying lets grab another DB. I'm just laying it out there that there are circumstances where the pick would be warranted. But, you wont get any arguments that we need upgrades along the D front 7 and at TE and OC. And those are more vital than DBs.

However, 2 things to remember are that a lot of our draft will depend on what we do in free agency, and try to look at the draft as a whole, focusing on the early rounds (1-3) as poopsed just to round 1. For example, if theres no DL or OL or TE worth taking in round 1, its not worth it to reach for one.

The Colts could have easily won the game yesterday. At 14-6 it's a field position game. I can understand the 4th and 1 try. The run was a smart call. Unfortunately the Colts OL was slow to pick up their blocks. But why would you go for it at 4th and 2 with a low percentage play. I would have even tried to draw the DL offsides and take the delay of game. The smart money there is to punt and have them drive the entire field. It was still 14 all at that point, at least I think it was...at worse it was 17-14 Titans.

The Colts just played and coached bone headed last night.

C

I agree. What were the Colts thinking on going for it on that 4th & 2? They were down by only 3 and were at midfield. They should have punted and played the field position game.

As far as comparing the Titans to the '85 Bears; let's see the Titans win a Super Bowl first, then we'll compare.