Rock Concerts for Fading Music Acts

steve miller --notorious cheapskate--paid his bandmembers squat....--he sucked as well.

I've come around, a little, on both Steve Miller and Boz Scaggs. I wasn't a huge fan of them when they were making their "hits". As I hear more of their "newer" stuff, and older relatively unknown stuff, I think they were both fairly good. Certainly better than most of the well-known stars of their era.

The real reason to like these guys is, they are about the music, not the rock star bulls#it, which ruins just about every artist who gives in to it. Both of these guys use top notch musicians and play their music on their own terms. Both had opportunities, and in fact were pushed, to make the huge bucks, and do the bidding of the record labels, and their managers. Both decided that the music, and their integrity, were too important, and decided not to sell out. Bravo to them!

Now, neither one of those guys are among my favorite artists, but they are both good musicians, and give good "honest" concerts.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've come around, a little, on both Steve Miller and Boz Scaggs. I wasn't a huge fan of them when they were making their "hits". As I hear more of their "newer" stuff, and older relatively unknown stuff, I think they were both fairly good. Certainly better than most of the well-known stars of their era.

The real reason to like these guys is, they are about the music, not the rock star bulls#it, which ruins just about every artist who gives in to it. Both of these guys use top notch musicians and play their music on their own terms. Both had opportunities, and in fact were pushed, to make the huge bucks, and do the bidding of the record labels, and their managers. Both decided that the music, and their integrity, were too important, and decided not to sell out. Bravo to them!

Now, neither one of those guys are among my favorite artists, but they are both good musicians, and give good "honest" concerts.

boz skaggs is a very good [performer...miller is good to average. thats not my point though. Miller hogged all the money which usually goes to band members in big time groups. John Entwhistle wasn't on salary with the WHO---Townshend shared with the guys. CHEAPSKATE. And C+music at best.