Circle the wagons

lockner6

I've been reading a lot of posts and after being burned by the Bills losing 4 straight, I consider myself a pessimistic fan - yet I'm as emotionally involved as any Buffalo fan.

Putting things in perspective for myself... I saw them as an 8-8 young team going into this season and they are certainly exceeding expectations. They had 4 turnovers today and only lost by 9 on the road. The Dolphins were expected to be one of the worst teams in football but have not won against San Diego, New England & Buffalo. I don't know about anyone else out there but if you offered me 5-2 at the beginning of the season, I would have jumped at it and felt like I got away with something.

Most people felt that we'd be 5-2 or 4-3 at this juncture anyway. We won a tough game at Jax and beat the Chargers last week. Most people thought that we'd lose both of those games, but we didn't. I knew that Arizona would be a tough game on the road with their offense and had a gut feeling we would lose. The Miami game is surprising in a way, but not astonishing by any means. We're without McGee starting, Schoebel, and Youboty. We obviously needed McGee on Ginn, needed Schoebel for the pass rush, and Youboty for the NB. Youboty has also proven himself tough against the run as well. OUR OL HAS TO STEP UP!!! Lynch is only getting about 60-70 yards a game and he's a better RB than that. It doesn't make any sense. Peters has digressed in his play at LT, all the time he missed in TC is SURELY showing. Our team will be alright though. Barring a serious injury to our core guys like Evans, Lynch, Edwards, Stroud, Mitchell, McGee, Whitner, and Posluzsny we should still find ourselves in the playoffs this year. The AFC is wide open.

I've been reading a lot of posts and after being burned by the Bills losing 4 straight, I consider myself a pessimistic fan - yet I'm as emotionally involved as any Buffalo fan.

Putting things in perspective for myself... I saw them as an 8-8 young team going into this season and they are certainly exceeding expectations. They had 4 turnovers today and only lost by 9 on the road. The Dolphins were expected to be one of the worst teams in football but have not won against San Diego, New England & Buffalo. I don't know about anyone else out there but if you offered me 5-2 at the beginning of the season, I would have jumped at it and felt like I got away with something.

I am on your bandwagon. This team knows how to win and when they lose they are still in late.

I agree......at the begining of the season, the consensus was that this was a young team with a few holes(paricularily at C, TE, and ability to rush the passer) that was a year away from filling these holes and contending. Anything this team does this year should be considered a pleasant surprise, enjoy the season and be happy that these young players are laying the foundation for future success.

I agree......at the begining of the season, the consensus was that this was a young team with a few holes(paricularily at C, TE, and ability to rush the passer) that was a year away from filling these holes and contending. Anything this team does this year should be considered a pleasant surprise, enjoy the season and be happy that these young players are laying the foundation for future success.

At the beginning of the year I was hoping for a 9-7 season. I will be happy with that or above.

Dan said it best in another thread. I don't think it could ever be said better:

I find it interesting that most people will readily state that the Bills will be anywhere from 10-6 to 13-3 at the end of the year. Yet, somehow they think the Bills can achieve that record without losing any games.

Dead ON!!

Just being a fan and looking ahead a bit...if we finish the next two games at 6-3, that has the potential to be 10-3 very quickly. After we travel to NE, we host CLE, @KC, host SF and play the Fins in Tor (where I expect we will win). If we ended the year only winning 1 out of our last 3 games (@NYJ, @Den, NE), I could see the division being ours at 11-5.

Thats the advantage of a 5-1 start, not doing all kind of crazy scenarios for us to get in every week.

Too many guys injured to win on the road. Fowler, Butler, Schobel, Mcgee, Youboty, then Reed all out or effectively out.. Bills just do not have the kind of depth to succeed with these kind of injuries... games where injuries take a third of your starters away and where 4 turnovers occur in 15 minutes, i kind of write those games off as not really reflecting what the team can do. There is no "second team players have to step up".. that is a bunch of crap.. 2nd teamers in the NFL stink, by and large relative to starters... you can't win in this league with 6 or 7 key starters out or effectively out. Just take a look at the Colts, Seahawks, etc. no one can figure out "what is wrong" with this team or that team... just go look at the injury list for the game they lost... you can't get ready for the next team in 3 days AND plug in a bunch of new guys who just run with the practice or scout team all week.. its a cold start for guys being plugged in mid game or for the first time ...

Lets see how we bounce back after this loss. After AZ we came home and took it to San Diego. We will do the same against the Jets. We are going to drop games. However, its frusterating to watch your team play as sloppy as the bills did in Miami. Thats not a game we should have dropped. But it happens.

Everyone is going to have a bad game now and then...even trent. Lets see how they respond to this coming Sunday. I think thats a more accurate measure of what type of team this is. And Im confident the bills will bounce back.

Guest dog14787

Ever wonder if circling the wagons is more suited for a team like the Cowboys?

How about a Buffalo stampede? I'm tired of going around in circles :devil:

I've got a lil' story ain't got no moral

Let the bad guy win every once in a while

I've got a lil' story ain't got no moral

Let the bad guy win every once in a while

Will it go round in circles

Will it fly high like a bird up in the sky

Will it go round in circles

Will it fly high like a bird up in the sky

To be honest, I'm less interested in our ending record (assuming we get IN the playoffs), than I am about how well we are playing ball the last 4 weeks of the season. As proven by the Giants and Steelers, even wildcard teams can win Superbowls. Having homefield advantage is no guarantee of total success. If your team CAN'T win on the road, and CAN't play strong (get on a roll) going into the playoffs, you really don't have much chance of winning it all.

I am hoping to see our team get stronger as the year goes on. 10-6, 11-5, 12-4, doesn't matter to me...

Thats the advantage of a 5-1 start, not doing all kind of crazy scenarios for us to get in every week.

A-FCKING-MEN!

I'll admit, those wild scenarios of the last 2 years outlining how we could sneak into the playoffs were entertaining and exciting. But I could take a few years without the heartburn (and resulting disappointment).