Again, players talk about being "unprepared"

Big Turk

I'll be the first to admit, I am shocked the Bills lost this game after taking a 16-7 lead in the 3rd quarter...especially with the way they were stuffing the Dolphins run game, I assumed they would force Pennington to try and beat them throwing which he should NOT have been capable of doing, but did anyway. However, when the team doesn't play well, I would like them to stop using the "we were unprepared" excuse, because it doesn't make the coaching staff look bad, it makes THEM look bad.

Stop blaming the coaches because you can't beat your man on the line of scrimmage, and get in the face of Pennington at all except for when you rush 8 guys. Stop blaming the coaches, when you let a WR gain as many yards in 1 game as he had in the previous 6 games combined, and is nothing more than an average WR on his best day. Stop blaming the coaches when you have an obvious first down, and then inexplicably try to stretch the ball out further for an unknown reason. Stop blaming the coaches when you allow your man to get by you, and then your double team partner attempts a half-hearted chip which does nothing except bump him a few inches over and he causes a safety. Stop blaming the coaches when you catch the ball and then fumble it right away. Stop blaming the coaches when you hold a guy that doesn't need to be held wiping out a 35 yard run by Edwards down to the Dolphins 3 yard line. Stop blaming the coaches when you can't gain 6 yards on 3 running plays from the 6 yard line with the biggest and heaviest line in the NFL. Stop blaming the coaches when a perfectly designed screen was set up at midfield and you drop the ball with 3 blockers in front of you and not a single Dolphin to be seen. Stop blaming the coaches when you allow a simple screen play to go for 40 yards because you don't play your assignment properly.

The bottom line here is its easy to pull out the BS excuse, then it is to man up and admit they may have not studied or listened to the coaches well enough coming in to the game, or they thought the Dolphins would just roll over after they got down by 9 points and were dominated on that Lynch TD drive. If the players execute better, we wouldn't be sitting here discussing this. Try getting some pressure on the QB for a change, instead of making up excuses after the game...

I'll be the first to admit, I am shocked the Bills lost this game after taking a 16-7 lead in the 3rd quarter...especially with the way they were stuffing the Dolphins run game, I assumed they would force Pennington to try and beat them throwing which he should NOT have been capable of doing, but did anyway. However, when the team doesn't play well, I would like them to stop using the "we were unprepared" excuse, because it doesn't make the coaching staff look bad, it makes THEM look bad.

Stop blaming the coaches because you can't beat your man on the line of scrimmage, and get in the face of Pennington at all except for when you rush 8 guys. Stop blaming the coaches, when you let a WR gain as many yards in 1 game as he had in the previous 6 games combined, and is nothing more than an average WR on his best day. Stop blaming the coaches when you have an obvious first down, and then inexplicably try to stretch the ball out further for an unknown reason. Stop blaming the coaches when you allow your man to get by you, and then your double team partner attempts a half-hearted chip which does nothing except bump him a few inches over and he causes a safety. Stop blaming the coaches when you catch the ball and then fumble it right away. Stop blaming the coaches when you hold a guy that doesn't need to be held wiping out a 35 yard run by Edwards down to the Dolphins 3 yard line. Stop blaming the coaches when you can't gain 6 yards on 3 running plays from the 6 yard line with the biggest and heaviest line in the NFL. Stop blaming the coaches when a perfectly designed screen was set up at midfield and you drop the ball with 3 blockers in front of you and not a single Dolphin to be seen. Stop blaming the coaches when you allow a simple screen play to go for 40 yards because you don't play your assignment properly.

The bottom line here is its easy to pull out the BS excuse, then it is to man up and admit they may have not studied or listened to the coaches well enough coming in to the game, or they thought the Dolphins would just roll over after they got down by 9 points and were dominated on that Lynch TD drive. If the players execute better, we wouldn't be sitting here discussing this. Try getting some pressure on the QB for a change, instead of making up excuses after the game...

Both the Dolphins and Bills coaching staffs worked all week to plan for this game. The coaches make the offensive and defensive calls during the game. The players carry out the plays and the plan. Yes, Bills players got beat by Miami players often today, but you'd have to say that the Miami plan and plays worked better than that of Buffalo. Certainly the coaches played a role in the loss.

Both the Dolphins and Bills coaching staffs worked all week to plan for this game. The coaches make the offensive and defensive calls during the game. The players carry out the plays and the plan. Yes, Bills players got beat by Miami players often today, but you'd have to say that the Miami plan and plays worked better than that of Buffalo. Certainly the coaches played a role in the loss.

I guess maybe the coaches need to figure out how to "plan" better for the defensive line to be able to beat mediocre at best opponents one on one to get to the QB then, huh...

Maybe Dockery wasn't prepared to just stand in front of Porter and not try and give him a half-hearted bump because he "wasn't prepared".

How about the players just admit maybe their execution of the plan the coaches wanted them to carry out was the thing that was lacking, and not the actual plan itself?

I guess maybe the coaches need to figure out how to "plan" better for the defensive line to be able to beat mediocre at best opponents one on one to get to the QB then, huh...

Maybe Dockery wasn't prepared to just stand in front of Porter and not try and give him a half-hearted bump because he "wasn't prepared".

How about the players just admit maybe their execution of the plan the coaches wanted them to carry out was the thing that was lacking, and not the actual plan itself?

So what was good about the gp? Leaving McGee on an island against a WR he clearly couldn't stop? Abandoning the run the moment it delivers a TD? Having Royal in the game on the final meaningful play of the game after 2 dropped passes? This was the first time all season IMO that the gp was :censored:ed, and there was little the players could do about it.

So what was good about the gp? Leaving McGee on an island against a WR he clearly couldn't stop? Abandoning the run the moment it delivers a TD? Having Royal in the game on the final meaningful play of the game after 2 dropped passes? This was the first time all season IMO that the gp was :censored:ed, and there was little the players could do about it.

We will never know because their execution of a lot of it wasn't very solid...coaches can't block, catch or hold onto the ball...

I agree the McGee thing was a headscratcher...I am not saying I agreed with the whole gameplan, but the fact is, they could have executed it a Lot better than they did, and thats the first place the players need to look, not the coaches...

We will never know because their execution of a lot of it wasn't very solid...coaches can't block, catch or hold onto the ball...

No, the question here is gp vs. execution. You really feel that the gp was good, but the execution was bad? Really? If so, we have a giant gorge of disagreement b/w us, and that's OK. I don;t mean to attack anybody, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh, I'm just so mad the Bills lost a perfectly winnable game.....

No, the question here is gp vs. execution. You really feel that the gp was good, but the execution was bad? Really? If so, we have a giant gorge of disagreement b/w us, and that's OK. I don;t mean to attack anybody, I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh, I'm just so mad the Bills lost a perfectly winnable game.....

I'm not saying the GP didn't have some faults in it or things they could have done better...I just feel the players should admit first they executed poorly on the field and stop making excuses that the coaches are what cost them the game. No they didn't...their poor playing cost them the game.

I'm not saying the GP didn't have some faults in it or things they could have done better...I just feel the players should admit first they executed poorly on the field and stop making excuses that the coaches are what cost them the game. No they didn't...their poor playing cost them the game.

Are they saying this? Seriously, I can;t bear to watch football related stuff until 36 hrs after a loss... if so, that's embarrassing, they shouldn't go blaming the coaches after a loss even if the coaches deserve it. I just truly feel the gp was f'd up today for whatever reason, and they abandoned the running game at the time it was most effective.

players are just as responsible for preperation as the coaches

Right on. There's nothing implicit in the "we were unprepared" comment(s) that lays blame on the coaches. There are microphones in the players' faces instantly after a loss, they used a catchphrase for "we lost the game," and that's it. I heard nothing that imparted blame on the coaching staff.

(That said, there were some things the coaches could have done differently. I'm just saying that I didn't hear the players laying blame elsewhere.)

this is so obviously true. they laid down again, just like in az. no other explanation for it, and anyone who even hints otherwise should be ashamed of himself.