And just like that Pats are 1st in AFC East ....

Man, what is wrong with Buffalo fans? "The mighty are falling?" We lost a !@#$ing road game one week after the biggest win in 5 years. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO EVERY TEAM! It's all about how we respond.

I'm not saying things are doom and gloom but we just lost to the Miami Dolphins with Chad Pennington as their quarterback! Ted Jinn Jr. has the game of his life and Edwards gets sacked in the end zone.

I must be in bazarro world. This can't be happening :beer::censored:

Man, what is wrong with Buffalo fans? "The mighty are falling?" We lost a !@#$ing road game one week after the biggest win in 5 years. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO EVERY TEAM! It's all about how we respond.

we've dropped 2 of last 3, including one to the worst team in the division. division is wide open now and its 1st time all year we've been out of 1st. how thats not bad is beyond me

Services show division standings as follows:

1st: Pats 5 & 2

2nd: Bills 5 & 2

3rd: Jets 4 & 3

4th: Fins 3 & 4

I guess they list Pats ahead of us as they are .500 in the division and we are .000. If we lose to Jets next week we will be in 3rd.

Oh how the mighty are falling.

:beer:

Well, the Bills are either contenders or pretenders. I really didn't expect to win all three of these divisional games and get to 8-1. In many ways this game was the least important of the three games. If they bounce back and win next week (and I think the Jets team is actually a worse team than the Dolphins) they'll be playing NE for the division lead.

Every team has ups and downs. Did you really expect the Bills to just run away with the division?

we've dropped 2 of last 3, including one to the worst team in the division. division is wide open now and its 1st time all year we've been out of 1st. how thats not bad is beyond me

Because part of being a good fan is not getting too high after a win, and not getting too low after a loss.

If you can't take a loss to a divisional opponent on the road, then you're probably not ready to watch anymore games this season, take the year off, pick up indoor lacrosse or something likewise meaningless and practice being a fan until you can get better.

We're 5-2. How that is bad is beyond me.

Well, the Bills are either contenders or pretenders. I really didn't expect to win all three of these divisional games and get to 8-1. In many ways this game was the least important of the three games. If they bounce back and win next week (and I think the Jets team is actually a worse team than the Dolphins) they'll be playing NE for the division lead.

Every team has ups and downs. Did you really expect the Bills to just run away with the division?

Yes that was my thinking. :beer::censored:

Yes that was my thinking. :beer::censored:

Would've been nice, but so far I've been managing to keep my expectations for this team low and have been pleasantly surprised. I thought their 7-9 record last year was the product of beating up weak teams like the Jets and Dolphins, so to see them get some solid wins this year has been beyond what I was looking for. If they can't turn it around and come out of this intra-divisonal series in good shape, though, I'll be disappointed.

The thread isnt about me. It's about where this team was vs where they are now. And it's a lot worse. And yes I did expect the (former) 1st place team to be able to defeat the last place team.

The thread isnt about me. It's about where this team was vs where they are now. And it's a lot worse. And yes I did expect the (former) 1st place team to be able to defeat the last place team.

jd.....

Just keep in mind for the fins that their trend seems to be to be up for the big teams and play down to the bad teams.......

That kind of says something about us to......just sayin

jd.....

Just keep in mind for the fins that their trend seems to be to be up for the big teams and play down to the bad teams.......

That kind of says something about us to......just sayin

Leave jd alone, he can't take it yet, and needs to take my advice above.

read the other threads bud from other posters. nearly all negative

I agree, I decided your thread was more personal-directed and so I decided to give you some advice. Feel honored, not ashamed, being a Bills fan is a lot of hard work, it doesn't come easy. Clearly though, this is not a bad situation, embrace it, and don't be upset so easily at a tough loss. Look at the Superbowl days, we've seen much worse losses to bad teams.

I agree, I decided your thread was more personal-directed and so I decided to give you some advice. Feel honored, not ashamed, being a Bills fan is a lot of hard work, it doesn't come easy. Clearly though, this is not a bad situation, embrace it, and don't be upset so easily at a tough loss. Look at the Superbowl days, we've seen much worse losses to bad teams.

If you have any good advice give it to Bills. they're ones playing the game (poorly too.)

Don't get too hung up on 1st place vs. last place. Top to bottom I think this division is incredibly improved from last year. And while the Jets are above Miami in the standings I think the Dolphins are playing better football right now.

It's a long season. The championship isn't decided in October, and the real test for the Bills is coming now (as I was expecting). The 4-0 start gave them a little leeway to deal with bumps in the road like this.

The Bills are fully capable of bouncing back from this loss and have the opportunity in the next two weeks to take control of the division.

Don't get too hung up on 1st place vs. last place. Top to bottom I think this division is incredibly improved from last year. And while the Jets are above Miami in the standings I think the Dolphins are playing better football right now.

It's a long season. The championship isn't decided in October, and the real test for the Bills is coming now (as I was expecting). The 4-0 start gave them a little leeway to deal with bumps in the road like this.

The Bills are fully capable of bouncing back from this loss and have the opportunity in the next two weeks to take control of the division.

Stop with the optimism. We lost to the Fins, the season is over.

Yeah that really blows that a beat up Patriots team are just as good if not better than a healthy Bills. It really makes me look forward to next week. First the Jets, then the Pats, by the end of that game we will be 5-4, close to the .500 mark i predicted at the begining of the season :beer: . The dark cloud blows into the B-Lo area. Next up the wheels come off.

If you have any good advice give it to Bills. they're ones playing the game (poorly too.)

Are you a fan or what man? You're jumping off the bandwagon, but it sounds like you're jumping off the bridge. We're not playing poorly at all. This is the big leagues, you can't win em all, and there is no reason to be frustrated at a road loss to a divisional rival.

Are you a fan or what man? You're jumping off the bandwagon, but it sounds like you're jumping off the bridge. We're not playing poorly at all. This is the big leagues, you can't win em all, and there is no reason to be frustrated at a road loss to a divisional rival.

10-6 could win this division this year.

Stop with the optimism. We lost to the Fins, the season is over.

I don't want to get into bashing other fans. jduncan1 and I disagree on the state of the team right now, I see an opportunity for them to bounce back, he sees them putting out a lackluster effort and losing to an inferior opponent. It's a valid point; doesn't make him any less a fan.