Who Are You Rooting For

Steely Dan

This game is interesting  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for...

• Washington because Willingham got a raw deal at Notre Dame.
    • Notre Dame because I'm a complete moron.
    • I don't care.

I'd love to see Willingham beat the crap out of Charlie Weis and not just because he's a former Patriot. After winning only one game last year Weis is still with them. That was a much worse season than Willingham ever posted. I hate Notre Dame anyway but that just gives me more reason to hate them. The Fighting Irish are the Dallas Cowboys of college football.

The game is on ESPN2 tonight at 8pm.

I'd love to see Willingham beat the crap out of Charlie Weis and not just because he's a former Patriot. After winning only one game last year Weis is still with them. That was a much worse season than Willingham ever posted. I hate Notre Dame anyway but that just gives me more reason to hate them. The Fighting Irish are the Dallas Cowboys of college football.

The game is on ESPN2 tonight at 8pm.

Mark May, is that you? :thumbsup: Here, a hankee for all of your :thumbsup: ing :lol:

How about "D - Notre Dame because I'm not an idiot who irrationally parrots the Willingham raw deal account and continues to attack a school who released a coach who was simply not good enough to be successful in big time I-A"?

:beer:

The Huskies are terrible...Ty, while not a terrible coach, continues to show what an incapable recruiter he is. That team is bereft of talent and if I was Jake Locker, I'd be cursing the day I decided to sign up.

I didn't vote. I also didn't watch.

Willingham did get a bit of a raw deal by that school, but if he was going to go to UW to prove he can get it done, so far he hasn't.

Of course, that school continues to show they're a second tier team in college football. That won't remain the case forever, but I feel that it will 'til they get more talent and maybe once they get a better coaching staff. I'm still not sold on Weis as a head football coach.

How about "D - Notre Dame because I'm not an idiot who irrationally parrots the Willingham raw deal account and continues to attack a school who released a coach who was simply not good enough to be successful in big time I-A"?

:lol:

The Huskies are terrible...Ty, while not a terrible coach, continues to show what an incapable recruiter he is. That team is bereft of talent and if I was Jake Locker, I'd be cursing the day I decided to sign up.

Weis had the worst record for a Notre Dame coach in forever? and yet he is still the head coach. :beer:

Of course, that school continues to show they're a second tier team in college football. That won't remain the case forever, but I feel that it will 'til they get more talent and maybe once they get a better coaching staff. I'm still not sold on Weis as a head football coach.

The talent is almost there (it might be already just too raw) and is growing. This time next year there is no reason why ND shouldn't be able to compete talent-wise with any team in the nation.

Re: Weis...I'm not sold either. The guy is a terrific recruiter and obviously has offensive talents. But something has been missing. The next year or so will tell...

Weis had the worst record for a Notre Dame coach in forever? and yet he is still the head coach. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the regurgitated talking points. You've done Mark May proud. Is your argument really that ND should have kept Willingham? Really??

First, your knowledge on this subject is superficial at best. You claim Weis won only one 1 game last year. Look that one up again. Second, look at how wonderfully "Raw Deal" Willingham has done since November 2, 2002 (the day the magic bubble season popped). I can't imagine why ND decided to jettison such a unique coaching talent. Third, Weis might not be the answer, but he has this team stocked with more talent than any ND squad since Lou's title team. We'll see where this one goes. Finally, if you are looking for a strong contributory factor towards why we won three games last year, check out the incredible '06 and '07 senior classes that Willingham left us with.

:lol:

Thanks for the regurgitated talking points. You've done Mark May proud. Is your argument really that ND should have kept Willingham? Really??

First, your knowledge on this subject is superficial at best. You claim Weis won only one 1 game last year. Look that one up again. Second, look at how wonderfully "Raw Deal" Willingham has done since November 2, 2002 (the day the magic bubble season popped). I can't imagine why ND decided to jettison such a unique coaching talent. Third, Weis might not be the answer, but he has this team stocked with more talent than any ND squad since Lou's title team. We'll see where this one goes. Finally, if you are looking for a strong contributory factor towards why we won three games last year, check out the incredible '06 and '07 senior classes that Willingham left us with.

B-)

Oops! I guess I got the Poorpiss and Notre Dame records mixed. :sick: IMO, a HC needs to have at least three years. All the same Willingham never had a three win season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.