Mort and the Bills

I've seen a lot of fascination on here about how Bills fans think Mort hates the bills because they fired his butt buddy TD. Take a lot at the "experts" picks. He's the only guy that thinks the Dolfags are going to win this week. Amazing. Looking closer at his week to week picks...the only games he said we were going to win were Oakland and Saint Louis. Incredible. According to Mort's predictions, we should have been 2-4 right now. AND get beat by the Dolfags and drop to 2-5! Hilarious. What's even funnier is that the bastard is sitting at an overall 69-33 record for picks so far...leading his peers. With the of those losses attributable to his bad bills picks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/tal...mp;seasontype=2

I was kind of on the fence on this idea that he hates the Bills, but after looking at this and the Stroud comment he made a month ago, I was smacked in the face by his biased reporting.

Sorry if this was already reported beforehand, or if some of you think this is a non-story subject, but I thought it was pretty funny. But I guess I'd rather have the guy say we're gonna lose if its been working so far.

Whether he picks the Biils to win or not, I think as a so-called NFL insider, he adds very little and I don't find him reliable or interesting.

All of those so called "nfl insiders" from ESPN are now obsolete. They may break a story, but its not 100% official until Adam Schefter(nfl network) reports it, becuase when he gets the story, he gets it from the top. I've heard Mort :D Clayton, Sal P, and Werder all break stories only to hear "i've got new information involving...." an hour later.

Somebody with the gumption (not me) should do one of those mailbags, and ask Mort how much credit he thinks Marv Levy and Tom Donohoe deserve for the Bills current success...it would be interesting to see what he has to say..

No need to wait, here's what Mort's answer would be:

Tom Donahoe was a real visionary. He drafted Willis McGahee knowing that when McGahee would be in the last year of his contract, the Bills could trade him for a franchise quarterback. Marv Levy was just lucky to reap the benefits of Tom Donahoe's brilliant plan. Now you might ask: Why did Donahoe's Bills trade three picks for draft JP Losman? Well, the guy started 31 games and if he wasn't behind center during those 31 games the snaps would have continuously hit the ground and resulted in a lot of turnovers. You can't play NFL football without a quarterback, Tom Donahoe knew that.

All of those so called "nfl insiders" from ESPN are now obsolete. They may break a story, but its not 100% official until Adam Schefter(nfl network) reports it, becuase when he gets the story, he gets it from the top. I've heard Mort :thumbsup: Clayton, Sal P, and Werder all break stories only to hear "i've got new information involving...." an hour later.

I generally like all those guys, right or wrong as they may be, because they are talking football. Like any of us, they have their opinions, and are often wrong. However, did anyone hear John Clayton on GR55 this past week? He is gushing over Trent Edwards...one of the guys asks him something like, "where does Trent Edwards rank amongst current NFL QB's right now?" Clayton goes on to say a bunch of great things about Trent, and then says that TE's success is a testament to "not rushing QB's to develop". Clayton seems to be under the impression that TE had some long tuteledge learning on the bench...now, my memory is a little hazy sometimes, but hasn't Trent Edwards been the Bills starting QB, since week 3 of his rookie season? Of course, nobody told him that. Just goes to show you how little these guys pay to the "other" teams in the NFL (ie: any teams other than the Cowboys)...

I generally like all those guys, right or wrong as they may be, because they are talking football. Like any of us, they have their opinions, and are often wrong. However, did anyone hear John Clayton on GR55 this past week? He is gushing over Trent Edwards...one of the guys asks him something like, "where does Trent Edwards rank amongst current NFL QB's right now?" Clayton goes on to say a bunch of great things about Trent, and then says that TE's success is a testament to "not rushing QB's to develop". Clayton seems to be under the impression that TE had some long tuteledge learning on the bench...now, my memory is a little hazy sometimes, but hasn't Trent Edwards been the Bills starting QB, since week 3 of his rookie season? Of course, nobody told him that. Just goes to show you how little these guys pay to the "other" teams in the NFL (ie: any teams other than the Cowboys)...

Oh Yeah!!!I love the media gushing over Trent. I feel an episode of General Hospital coming on.

Somebody with the gumption (not me) should do one of those mailbags, and ask Mort how much credit he thinks Marv Levy and Tom Donohoe deserve for the Bills current success...it would be interesting to see what he has to say..

The most consistent player TD brought in was punter Brian Moorman. That tells you something.

Going back to Clayton's spot on WGR Thursdays at 5, he's been all over the place when it comes to Edwards. Last year, after the 1st two games people started talking about replacing JP with Edwards. Clayton said if the Bills did that, it would set the franchise back 3 years. Towards the end of the season, he had totally backtracked from that statement.

So, since Clayton talks about the Bills with WGR every week, he knows exactly how long it took Edwards to get into the lineup. He's just a spinmeister, as bad as a politician. He can't say "you know, I was totally wrong about the Bills QB situation early last season", so instead he starts revising history to match his current opinion.

The most consistent player TD brought in was punter Brian Moorman. That tells you something.

While Donahoe screwed the pooch on some key moves, he did bring in the current Bills, some hits, some misses, but they're still on this year's roster: Evans, Peters, Moorman, Lindell, Parrish, McGee, Schobel, Greer, Reed, Kelsay, Denney, Preston, & Losman. That's almost 25% of the roster. His main problems were he bombed on 1st round picks Losman, & Mike Williams and sent a 1st rounder to NE for 3 mediocre seasons of Drew Bledsoe, wasting three 1st round picks in 5 years and he picked two horrible head coaches. He also gambled & lost on the McGahee pick, but remember, he stole that pick from Atlanta for Price and Marv & Brandon cleaned that one up, resulting in Edwards & Stroud on the current team.

Overall, Donahoe's bad use of 1st rounders & poor coaching hires, combined with his gestapo management of stadium behavior (I once wrote "Fire Mularkey" in the snow on the roof of the end zone boxes & security made me erase it) made his firing necessary, but he was not as bad as some other GMs in the same timeframe, like the guys who ran the Dolphins totally into the ground.

This is a good overall view. I'll take a further step back and say this: If the Bills' record was even decent, say 9-7 to

10-6, during the Donahoe era, he'd probably still be here. But the ultimate test of a GM, head coach or coaching staff's success is wins and losses. Win and you're all set. Lose.........

While Donahoe screwed the pooch on some key moves, he did bring in the current Bills, some hits, some misses, but they're still on this year's roster: Evans, Peters, Moorman, Lindell, Parrish, McGee, Schobel, Greer, Reed, Kelsay, Denney, Preston, & Losman. That's almost 25% of the roster. His main problems were he bombed on 1st round picks Losman, & Mike Williams and sent a 1st rounder to NE for 3 mediocre seasons of Drew Bledsoe, wasting three 1st round picks in 5 years and he picked two horrible head coaches. He also gambled & lost on the McGahee pick, but remember, he stole that pick from Atlanta for Price and Marv & Brandon cleaned that one up, resulting in Edwards & Stroud on the current team.

Overall, Donahoe's bad use of 1st rounders & poor coaching hires, combined with his gestapo management of stadium behavior (I once wrote "Fire Mularkey" in the snow on the roof of the end zone boxes & security made me erase it) made his firing necessary, but he was not as bad as some other GMs in the same timeframe, like the guys who ran the Dolphins totally into the ground.

I was gonna write a bunch of stuff about Mort's history of dogging us....but suffice it say:

"Hey Mort, We're 5-1, Blow It Out Your Ass!"

See, I feel much better now. Try saying it out loud, and you will too. :thumbsup:

Do it again around 4pm tomorrow, except say "6-1" and you will forget all about this little turtle without a shell...until of course he does it again. :thumbsup:

All of those so called "nfl insiders" from ESPN are now obsolete. They may break a story, but its not 100% official until Adam Schefter(nfl network) reports it, becuase when he gets the story, he gets it from the top. I've heard Mort :thumbsup: Clayton, Sal P, and Werder all break stories only to hear "i've got new information involving...." an hour later.

Yep, I think Schefter and Glazer control the "info" business. Thats why last year Mort was making chit up like Eli being out 5 weeks when he never missed a game etc. Everyone at ESPN is just plain tired of Glazer ALWAYS beating them to stories.

1. Lynch

2. Poz

3. Edwards

6. Wendling

7. Shouman

Now that's a draft class. And you want to talk(read: make excuses for) about Donahoe?

How about:

1. Whitner

2. McCargo(He's at least worth a 3rd rounder still)

3. Youboty

4. Simpson

5. Williams

5. Butler

6. Ellison

In two drafts Levy put as many starters on this team as Donahoe did, and what's our record? While the "no signs" and the scaring the secretaries and all the other stuff is beyond ridiculous, let's just keep it to football: Donahoe had how many years to get things right? Levy had 2 and, again, what's our record? If this team had to play the 2004 team, this team would win by 3 TDs.

And that's all it comes down to: Donahoe making us mediocre at best vs. Levy making us mediocre at worst, and Mort trying to cover his buddy's ass.

I saw that too last night . He is on here locally in Atl every week with one of our radio shows. If the Bills win this week (and i think they will) i am going to call in and get his opinion. And try to see if and when he will start BILLieving like the rest of us. Maybe Berman's love for the Bills has turned him off. Who knows, but yeah he does not like/trust the Bills are for real.