Why start Matthews?

_BiB_

The season is through. What's to gain except more grief? Either play Losman for experience, or go with Bledsoe so Losman has an upright back-up. What's to gain?

You'd think Matthews was going to get the Bills into the playoff hunt.

This team has too many problems. Bledsoe has screwed them this far, run him till he drops. Start working JP in down the road. JP is going to mandate a different kind of offense. These clowns haven't figured out the one they have, and you want to toss in a new playbook?

The season is through. What's to gain except more grief? Either play Losman for experience, or go with Bledsoe so Losman has an upright back-up. What's to gain?

You'd think Matthews was going to get the Bills into the playoff hunt.

This team has too many problems. Bledsoe has screwed them this far, run him till he drops. Start working JP in down the road. JP is going to mandate a different kind of offense. These clowns haven't figured out the one they have, and you want to toss in a new playbook?

83657[/snapback]

At this point, why not? I mean, if we can lose with Bledsoe, we can lose without him too. I can't believe we signed him to an extension in the offseason...

in the words of dick vermeil, jp has to take the diapers off and play some time. this year is laready a waste, why sacrifice next year ro hios learning expereince? why tell the defense "yes this year is sucking but we won't change anything and come back next year so we can lose some more while our qb of the future begins his basic training!"

I guess I put that out wrong. Start doing the homework on changes that favor JP. Give it a couple-three weeks to re-do the plays. Then, put the boy into an offensive scheme that favors him. Don't put him into an offense built for Bledsoe. I honestly don't see the Bills setting Bledsoe down and starting Matthews. If you're going to sit him down start Losman.

The other thing I was thinking, is what kind of psychology and signal does that give the team? I'm asking, don't really know the answer.

The other thing I was thinking, is what kind of psychology and signal does that give the team? I'm asking, don't really know the answer.

83682[/snapback]

I think they'll be showing the rest of the team they are trying to win.

Mathews has one of the lowest sacks to pass attempted ratios in the history of the NFL. He has not played with the best lines exactly either. If our line is truly the problem Mathews makes alot more sense to start then Drew. Who knows we might actually be able to score TDs from the red zone with Shayn. Who knows without letting him get some reps. Nothing ventured, nothing gained